Author Topic: The Secret World/Secret World Legends  (Read 158060 times)

Namredel

• Underling
Re: The Secret World
« Reply #220 on: January 11, 2014, 04:46:01 PM »
Was wondering if anyone who plays the secret world happens to be an a semi active cabal? Still learning aspects of the game but I have a decent understanding of how end game will be. Just looking for a cabal with some active players on mostly for PvE content and tips and advice. Btw my character is  illuminati. Any reply is appreciated :) thanks.

Rejolt

• Elite Boss
  • Infinity Server 2005-2012
« Reply #221 on: October 23, 2014, 02:56:15 AM »
The topic of COH returning has me wanting to scratch the mmo itch again so I'm patching TSW and dusting off my dragon faction Ninja in training (sword/elemental).

I joined off the box copy right after they dropped the sub fee originally. If any one is still playing let me know.
Rejolt Industries LLC is now a thing. Woo!

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #222 on: October 23, 2014, 05:44:31 AM »
I still play time to time, usually on Fridays and saturdays
One day the Phoenix will rise again.

wyldhunt

• Lieutenant
« Reply #223 on: October 23, 2014, 08:44:07 PM »
I've decided to make TSW my temporary home and subbed until something CoX-related gets going. Look for "Gnawt" if you want to team.
Wyldhunt
Guardianite since I2
Playing as Wyldhaunt on Rebirth

Rejolt

• Elite Boss
« Reply #224 on: October 24, 2014, 04:41:42 AM »
Is that COH-Refugees league still running in TSW and how would I join it?

I just hit rank 5 with the dragon and still haven't run a dungeon or raid!

wyldhunt

• Lieutenant
« Reply #225 on: October 24, 2014, 02:26:56 PM »
You know, I didn't think about the CoH-Refugees channel when I rejoined TSW, so I don't know whether it's still active. I have just added that channel to my auto-login and auto-teleport scripts*, so I'll know about its activity soon. However, I would also suggest at least joining the "Sanctuary" channel (several players are active and very helpful there), and likely "noobmares" (when you're ready for Nightmare dungeons) and "event" (for Halloween and other future events).

*See http://forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?s=c93c83438f951d4aa90ba28fd0692027&t=74514&page=7 for more on this.
Wyldhunt
Guardianite since I2
Playing as Wyldhaunt on Rebirth

Rejolt

• Elite Boss
« Reply #226 on: October 24, 2014, 10:17:56 PM »
You know, I didn't think about the CoH-Refugees channel when I rejoined TSW, so I don't know whether it's still active. I have just added that channel to my auto-login and auto-teleport scripts*, so I'll know about its activity soon. However, I would also suggest at least joining the "Sanctuary" channel (several players are active and very helpful there), and likely "noobmares" (when you're ready for Nightmare dungeons) and "event" (for Halloween and other future events).

*See http://forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?s=c93c83438f951d4aa90ba28fd0692027&t=74514&page=7 for more on this.

My wheel lists as 8 percent done so I may be a while. I'm still trying to remember how to get to the Blue Mountain.

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #227 on: October 27, 2014, 06:16:01 AM »
My wheel lists as 8 percent done so I may be a while. I'm still trying to remember how to get to the Blue Mountain.
GO through where the innsmouth academy is, and the entrance to the blue mountain should be on the opposite side of the map from where you enter from kingsmouth. 

KennonGL

• Boss
« Reply #228 on: October 27, 2014, 12:51:05 PM »
I've recently started playing again after leaving TSW alone for awhile.

I've got my Sword/Shotgun (solo) ... Sword/Chaos (when teamed) Tank "main" who has
finished Transylvania and is currently stuck in the Council of Venice missions that would
unlock Tokyo. 

That's where I left off of the game before, and I can't seem to finish those "protect the
stupid, helpless, civilians" training missions by myself ... the mobs just ignore any of
my taunting effects and just run right past me to kill the civvies. 

By wave 3, I'm usually trying to protect one or two remaining civvies who have only a sliver
of life left...  so I re-shelved my tank for awhile.

I'm now running an Assault Rifle leech healer (different faction) through for the heck of it.
It's quite a different experience than the melee tank was.  Not sure if I'll be able to (mostly)
solo this one much further though . . . Egypt seems way rougher than I remember from last time.

Rejolt

• Elite Boss
« Reply #229 on: October 27, 2014, 01:00:58 PM »
GO through where the innsmouth academy is, and the entrance to the blue mountain should be on the opposite side of the map from where you enter from kingsmouth.

Productive weekend - did my first team instance (blue fog guy cheats!), joined a cabal and got a ton of missions done. Also found out training towards a ninja deck (elemental and sword) may have been a waste! I was trying to complete the rank 6 sabotage "rogue agent" mission and just got repeatedly owned by the boss there.

I do regret not having more cross-set options (katana and bow or a handgun, etc) in COH. TSW seems to handle it better than Champions with content that's more interesting. Coh Epic sets with archery (for trick arrow controllers) or ma, ss, and weapon fighters would have been awesome. Fingers crossed for issue 24 (ma on dual pistol or archery blasters? Yes please)

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #230 on: October 28, 2014, 01:52:39 AM »
Productive weekend - did my first team instance (blue fog guy cheats!), joined a cabal and got a ton of missions done. Also found out training towards a ninja deck (elemental and sword) may have been a waste! I was trying to complete the rank 6 sabotage "rogue agent" mission and just got repeatedly owned by the boss there.

I do regret not having more cross-set options (katana and bow or a handgun, etc) in COH. TSW seems to handle it better than Champions with content that's more interesting. Coh Epic sets with archery (for trick arrow controllers) or ma, ss, and weapon fighters would have been awesome. Fingers crossed for issue 24 (ma on dual pistol or archery blasters? Yes please)
Sword/Elm isn't bad if you have upper tier powers until then you would want to have mostly sword powers. That is a major problem I have with the Secret World, is the difficulty setting missions run from stupid easy to stupid hard, like the one missions I had before I quit I died a lot because, there was a green flag boss and 4 minion class that each had 3k worth of hp. Also The Secret World does not have a tab to nearest enemy, the enemy loves to have you in a pincer and this is consent. If they either lowered the hp of 3 or more minion ranked or lowered mobs to 2.
For the epic weapon I heard the mission was better with a team.

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #231 on: October 28, 2014, 04:10:01 AM »
I haven't played since the week Tokyo opened up.  After getting my head handed to me multiple times, I decided to go back and finish all the missions I had missed.  I think that's going to take awhile.

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #232 on: October 30, 2014, 05:29:46 PM »
if anyone wants to team up next weekend my handle is Emily (AngelPhoenix) Jade. I wont be on this weekend due to having 2 finals and a mid term. :(

Hero of Steel

• Boss
« Reply #233 on: November 05, 2014, 08:15:53 PM »

Code for a free in-game tshirt.

HALLOWEEN2014TEE

Redeem Key at https://register.thesecretworld.com/account/key

Drauger9

• Elite Boss
    • My gaming blog
« Reply #234 on: November 05, 2014, 09:38:43 PM »
Nice tyvm :)

I wanted that tee when I saw the screen shot of it. I just recently started playing again. It's been so long I decided to start over going with a chaos/blade build right now.

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #235 on: November 23, 2014, 01:27:36 AM »
we should have a team up weekend :)

Rejolt

• Elite Boss
« Reply #236 on: November 24, 2014, 11:42:47 AM »
May be able to play over thanksgiving. I have a Cabal that's taken care of me (level 10 blue gear, 10.1 epic pistols from the cat god event) and I'm up to 35 percent on the wheel.

It's weird only playing one toon and just flipping Decks and Gear for builds rather than alts like CoH...

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #237 on: November 25, 2014, 08:22:09 PM »
May be able to play over thanksgiving. I have a Cabal that's taken care of me (level 10 blue gear, 10.1 epic pistols from the cat god event) and I'm up to 35 percent on the wheel.

It's weird only playing one toon and just flipping Decks and Gear for builds rather than alts like CoH...
nice :). So far I have half of my gear as ql10 blue and the rest is ql 10 green. I do have a epic sword that I have been trying to sell for money and I do not have the required money to post it on the market. :( Rejolt what is your cabal? The reason I ask is because, my main is a Templar and I have a secondary as Illuminati.

Rejolt

• Elite Boss
« Reply #238 on: November 29, 2014, 01:39:15 AM »
nice :). So far I have half of my gear as ql10 blue and the rest is ql 10 green. I do have a epic sword that I have been trying to sell for money and I do not have the required money to post it on the market. :( Rejolt what is your cabal? The reason I ask is because, my main is a Templar and I have a secondary as Illuminati.

Immortal Ashes. Just unlocked the Desperado deck. And my wheel is a massive... 38 percent done. Good news is I have an RPG now!

Edit: had a COH farmer flashback in Dimir Farm. Ran in circles killing ghouls and wolves watching my xp fly up while using a spam able pbaoe blade deck. "Omg I'm herding! And now im sad..."
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 01:46:38 AM by Rejolt »

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #239 on: November 29, 2014, 02:46:01 AM »
Immortal Ashes. Just unlocked the Desperado deck. And my wheel is a massive... 38 percent done. Good news is I have an RPG now!

Edit: had a COH farmer flashback in Dimir Farm. Ran in circles killing ghouls and wolves watching my xp fly up while using a spam able pbaoe blade deck. "Omg I'm herding! And now im sad..."
nice :) I need to get back into playing more, I have 43.8% completion rate on the wheel. Awesome have you slotted the rpg yet? I have mine but so far I do not have all the ap I need to slot it.