Author Topic: The Secret World/Secret World Legends  (Read 156530 times)

Angry Angel

• Underling
Re: The Secret World
« Reply #280 on: May 24, 2015, 06:14:28 AM »
Mounts are coming to The Secret World.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #281 on: May 24, 2015, 06:32:57 AM »
:O I might come back to visit if I can get a motorcycle....
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Angry Angel

• Underling
« Reply #282 on: May 25, 2015, 03:59:25 AM »
Tonight was a big night for my main! The grand finale to my climb through dungeons: Warchitect. If you enjoyed badging in City of Heroes, take a peek at Achievements in The Secret World.

Angry Angel

• Underling
« Reply #283 on: May 27, 2015, 04:33:31 AM »
I'm so excited! Today, I was informed that my entry for a TSW contest has just won me a ton of realllllly cool prizes. For anyone still waiting for a game, come to The Secret World. It is not CoH, but it is a wondrous and beautiful place to keep the characters you love alive.

Incidentally, the event I submit was one I ran when CoH was shut down. It was a refugees march into a TSW starting zone. So many memories, bad and good.

Here is the announcement: https://forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?85333-The-Deadly-Gamers-Prize

... and my entry: https://forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?86089-Spiderbaby-s-quot-The-Event-You-Loved-Round-quot-entry-quot-End-of-a-Journey-A-Journey-Begins-quot

... and the original 2012 flyer:

Angry Angel

• Underling
« Reply #284 on: May 27, 2015, 04:43:20 AM »

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #285 on: May 27, 2015, 04:08:11 PM »
I'm so excited! Today, I was informed that my entry for a TSW contest has just won me a ton of realllllly cool prizes. For anyone still waiting for a game, come to The Secret World. It is not CoH, but it is a wondrous and beautiful place to keep the characters you love alive.

Incidentally, the event I submit was one I ran when CoH was shut down. It was a refugees march into a TSW starting zone. So many memories, bad and good.

Here is the announcement: https://forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?85333-The-Deadly-Gamers-Prize

... and my entry: https://forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?86089-Spiderbaby-s-quot-The-Event-You-Loved-Round-quot-entry-quot-End-of-a-Journey-A-Journey-Begins-quot

... and the original 2012 flyer:

very cool, and for what it's worth I hope you win :). Also what shard do you play on? I have a character on Arcaia, and 2 more on an rp shard that seems to be more active.
Last sat. spent 2 hours not really spamming but broadcasting "looking for a team for tower defense." And the only person I did not help setting up any of the towers. Luckily I am rocking a sword/claw. :) I know for some of the arcs I will need a range power set.

One day the Phoenix will rise again.

Angry Angel

• Underling
« Reply #286 on: May 27, 2015, 07:46:25 PM »
Wow. I was about to type "Arcadia".... and found myself proudly typing "Virtue Server" after 3 years. How quickly that returns to me in the company of other CoH'rs!

TSW teaming is. Hm. How to explain. I wish they had the lfg and channel capabilities of CoH. TSW is an incredible game but I don't see them teaming as freely for everyday missions as we did in City. I could write an essay on that - how I wish channels had greater functionality. But, new people will find assistance and teams by joining the Sanctuary channel. Just type /chat join Sanctuary. There are many great cabals (SG's) as well.

And, now, I will nap until next week when new content rolls (literally rolls) in!  :)

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #287 on: May 27, 2015, 09:23:40 PM »
Most of my teaming experiences in 'The Secret World' haven't been pleasant.   I don't know if it is the player base or a reaction to the negative slant of the game itself.  "Positive" and "upbeat" aren't words I'd use to describe "The Secret World"!

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #288 on: May 27, 2015, 11:13:51 PM »
Wow. I was about to type "Arcadia".... and found myself proudly typing "Virtue Server" after 3 years. How quickly that returns to me in the company of other CoH'rs!

TSW teaming is. Hm. How to explain. I wish they had the lfg and channel capabilities of CoH. TSW is an incredible game but I don't see them teaming as freely for everyday missions as we did in City. I could write an essay on that - how I wish channels had greater functionality. But, new people will find assistance and teams by joining the Sanctuary channel. Just type /chat join Sanctuary. There are many great cabals (SG's) as well.

And, now, I will nap until next week when new content rolls (literally rolls) in!  :)
I agree :), I too wish TSW had a lft that rivals City of. Thank you btw for the channel, I will join it this coming sat. :)
Saipaman, my teaming outside of Tokyo, has been great I could team in Polaris, and a good team I could get done in 15 min, a team with newbies, would take 45 min. Urdrague, seems to be the phase that takes the longest.

ricodah

• Boss
« Reply #289 on: May 28, 2015, 02:57:05 AM »
TSW is pretty good but the monotony of the team make up makes it more difficult to form a group.  Tank, heal and 3 DPS.  CoH was similar at the start but later after the introduction of IOs, the team make up mattered less.  I liked the fact that anyone could join and the team was able to work out the kinks without a designated healer, without a tank, without an uber amount of damage.  It made finding team members easier and in a lot of ways, more fun.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #290 on: May 28, 2015, 04:46:07 AM »
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Angry Angel

• Underling
« Reply #291 on: May 29, 2015, 04:37:06 AM »
TLDR: Dev livestream tomorrow (Friday, the 29th)! http://www.twitch.tv/funcomofficial   2pm Eastern.

I think what I love best about TSW is the potential. While it is an amazing game, it's just shy of three years. City had eight years of content, quality updates, and community building. I played City for nearly all eight (having picked up the game two months following launch and then playing til the end, nearly daily but for grave illness). The mind marvels at how much it evolved over that time. Already, the World has a solid base. I will be there, for the magic, "all over again".

And part of that magic is the opportunities for communication between the development staff and the playerbase. They had a stream last week and another tomorrow. Players are encouraged to visit and converse in the chat room. While there will be two developers, Tilty and Scivnomancer, streaming, you'll often see more of them in the chat room. Come by. Say hello. Ask questions.

Make a twitch profile in advance if you do not already have one. I do not think guests have typing privileges though I could be wrong. This should be part II, part I can be found here: http://www.twitch.tv/funcomofficial/b/659394079

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #292 on: May 29, 2015, 04:53:10 AM »
TLDR: Dev livestream tomorrow (Friday, the 29th)! http://www.twitch.tv/funcomofficial   2pm Eastern.

I think what I love best about TSW is the potential. While it is an amazing game, it's just shy of three years. City had eight years of content, quality updates, and community building. I played City for nearly all eight (having picked up the game two months following launch and then playing til the end, nearly daily but for grave illness). The mind marvels at how much it evolved over that time. Already, the World has a solid base. I will be there, for the magic, "all over again".

And part of that magic is the opportunities for communication between the development staff and the playerbase. They had a stream last week and another tomorrow. Players are encouraged to visit and converse in the chat room. While there will be two developers, Tilty and Scivnomancer, streaming, you'll often see more of them in the chat room. Come by. Say hello. Ask questions.

Make a twitch profile in advance if you do not already have one. I do not think guests have typing privileges though I could be wrong. This should be part II, part I can be found here: http://www.twitch.tv/funcomofficial/b/659394079
This is why I TSW my home away from home. This game has some much potential and it shows the devs care about what they are doing. And care about how it is received by the community. They could improve certain aspects of the game such as the run/jump mechanic and in Tokyo they could lessen the ghost mobs a bit. But outside of that I really hope they go back to the Lovecraftian sort of city/town. :)

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #293 on: May 29, 2015, 09:29:19 PM »
The jump animation annoys me.

Angry Angel

• Underling
« Reply #294 on: May 30, 2015, 03:30:11 PM »
The jump animation annoys me.

It's their 2nd? The first was plain awful!  :o :'( I rather like it!  ;D But I am strange. Or perhaps it is the jumping puzzles I enjoy. There are not many but the ones they do have... ohhh boy oh boy!

I made a video for a special Lore (for anyone who still doesn't play TSW, Lore is their version of Exploration badges) which has a sneaky little jump. I just pulled up it now to show you and realized, hmmm, I have a strange passive aggressive relationship with my favorite pet. He is a baby golem. His name is Golem! He is my precious.  :) I'd like to point out that it took me friickin forever to figure out how to scale that bathhouse. Aghhhhhhhhhhhh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-tBlM9DcQs

ricodah

• Boss
« Reply #295 on: June 04, 2015, 01:48:32 AM »
Motorcycle mount is now online.  Also Athlete and Feet of Flame sprint animations.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #296 on: June 04, 2015, 03:28:53 AM »
I read that as Athlete's Feet.  :-X

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #297 on: June 04, 2015, 03:29:18 AM »
Looks like I have some patchin' t'do!

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #298 on: June 04, 2015, 05:30:54 PM »
Do they offer sport bikes - the sleek kind used in superbike racing? Or is it just the "hog" type?
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

Angry Angel

• Underling
« Reply #299 on: June 05, 2015, 05:15:41 AM »
One for now. More styles to come. And more types of mounts.