Author Topic: The Secret World/Secret World Legends  (Read 158266 times)

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
One day the Phoenix will rise again.

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
Re: The Secret World
« Reply #321 on: September 01, 2015, 01:40:06 AM »
Here is a new interview, it sounds to me like if they cannot find anyone to run conan and tsw they will.
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2015-08-18-we-havent-always-made-the-right-decisions-we-are-all-well-aware-of-that

I would feel sorry for anyone who lost a game they loved. I hope they find a buyer.

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #322 on: September 01, 2015, 02:49:56 AM »
The best news for these players is that the company is open to selling the games if there is a qualified buyer.

That's way better than being faced with a company that rage quits the game for everyone.

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #323 on: September 02, 2015, 07:55:50 PM »
The best news for these players is that the company is open to selling the games if there is a qualified buyer.

That's way better than being faced with a company that rage quits the game for everyone.
I get a feeling it might be pwe that will buy them.

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #324 on: September 02, 2015, 08:02:57 PM »
PWE oh god not them.  After what they'd done to CO.....
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #325 on: September 02, 2015, 10:04:02 PM »
PWE oh god not them.  After what they'd done to CO.....
I understand what you mean, what I posted was not a rumor or any other sort of thing just me thinking. Pwe might try and get it, they did say they wanted to expand their western gaming portfolio. :)

Risha

• Boss
  • Dancing at the end of the World
« Reply #326 on: January 29, 2016, 12:41:56 AM »
Okay, I'm beginning to jones about not having a game to play and thinking of The Secret World, however, in the second zone there was a mission where you had to jump and open a door.  I got it only once because my reflexes are slow, but, for some reason I don't recall, I didn't progress.  Is that mission the same, does anyone know?  And is the game still viable?
Writer of Fantasy and Fantasy Romance

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #327 on: January 29, 2016, 07:57:29 PM »
Okay, I'm beginning to jones about not having a game to play and thinking of The Secret World, however, in the second zone there was a mission where you had to jump and open a door.  I got it only once because my reflexes are slow, but, for some reason I don't recall, I didn't progress.  Is that mission the same, does anyone know?  And is the game still viable?
I am unsure about the mission you are referring to :( If you are having an issue with the mission try looking at the secret world database for help and clues :). The game is still very viable, it gets regular content and there is an active community.

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #328 on: January 29, 2016, 10:00:44 PM »
This is just in http://www.thesecretworld.com/membership
the grand master membership is going away, so if you want this membership get it before the 6th of February

chuckv3

• Elite Boss
« Reply #329 on: January 30, 2016, 02:04:44 AM »

Personally, I loved the game up until Kaidan. There is where I burned out getting sick of getting killed in short order no matter how I was set up or how I fought. I didn't want to grind out the shield offense and defense needed to get past it. But seriously, I can recommend the game's first 3 tiers (8 zones) whole-heartedly. There are a couple of bottleneck points in the game, even before that.

You have to solo some tough bosses to unlock the 2nd tier of zones (desert-like), then another to unlock the second half of the tier (egypt-like), then Mara to unlock the 3rd tier (transylvania), then I think The vampire lord himself to proceed to Kaidan. Not sure after that. Sorry I am vague on the specifics, but it's been a few months. The first boss is just some british guy who spawns hell hounds and clones of himself. The next boss is an egyptian god wannabe and you have to run away from him when he casts a 360-degree AoE. There are only 4 paths out of the circle (which is suspended in mid-air, and falling = death), and the paths randomly disappear when the AoE is being cast. Mara also does some nasty AoEs and there's nowhere to hide except behind some statues... Yeah, it's a bear.

Then after that there's the gatekeeper, which you have to beat in order to do elite dungeons, but at least you can do that whenever you feel like, and it doesn't prevent the single-threaded story arc.

All of these are 100% solo, so yeah, if you don't have the game skills you cannot pass.

*edited* to correct some technical details.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 12:15:57 AM by chuckv3 »

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #330 on: January 30, 2016, 03:16:32 AM »
This website is an excellent resource for 'The Secret World':

http://www.tswdb.com/

Risha

• Boss
  • Dancing at the end of the World
« Reply #331 on: February 02, 2016, 03:52:47 PM »
I am a good strategist, and I can be a good fighter.  If it depends on reflexes, though, I will die.  My hands, fingers and keyboard are not that fast.  For instance, I never made any sort of time in the winter sports and just gave that up.  I only use a keyboard and mouse.
Writer of Fantasy and Fantasy Romance

chuckv3

• Elite Boss
« Reply #332 on: February 02, 2016, 06:00:09 PM »
I am a good strategist, and I can be a good fighter.  If it depends on reflexes, though, I will die.  My hands, fingers and keyboard are not that fast.  For instance, I never made any sort of time in the winter sports and just gave that up.  I only use a keyboard and mouse.

There is progressively more "run out of the way" skills. In the early game bad guys broadcast their AoE cones, and an expanding ring lets you know when it will hit. There's usually ample time to dodge. Later on, and in the dungeons especially, crap appears all over the floor, sometimes chases you, and has very little warning, and in most cases 1-shots you. So yeah, that can be annoying. In fact it relates to my gripe about why Kaidan sucks so much. I was getting pretty good using kiting and dodging as part of my fighting, but then they force you into narrow walkways and small fenced areas (where your mission target is hidden) where you simply cannot dodge or kite, and the result is that you die. I guess you are supposed to constantly grind for shields and that would help, but then grinding for months is just a different form of suck.

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #333 on: April 13, 2016, 11:45:41 PM »
Bundlestars has the 'Secret World' on sale.

As long as you don't have a problem with Steam games, this is a good deal.

https://www.bundlestars.com/en/game/the-secret-world-ultimate-edition

Nearly all of the content to date for $20.39 (US).

ricodah

• Boss
« Reply #334 on: April 28, 2016, 05:23:54 PM »
There's an update for Secret World.  After download and login, there's cowboys and horses in Agartha!  Also a horse riding a horse, of course, of course.

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #335 on: May 26, 2016, 06:48:00 PM »
I finally got great news, for those that are a bit cautious about TSW http://www.funcom.com/news/funcom_secures_future_development_through_multi_million_dollar_investment

Safehouse

• Elite Boss
  • Sometimes it's harder to let go than to hold on.
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #336 on: May 27, 2016, 02:36:15 PM »
I finally got great news, for those that are a bit cautious about TSW http://www.funcom.com/news/funcom_secures_future_development_through_multi_million_dollar_investment

Indeed it's great news, since I've been a bit "on edge" about TSW in recent times. This is the first MMO since City of Heroes that I've really fallen in love with, between the story, atmosphere, characters, and setting. I've been starting to think every place that I start to call home is going to end up shuttered  :'(

It feels like a REALLY long time since I've seen anything other than grim news.
Name: Safehouse     Origin: Magic
Powers: Energy Blast/Electricity Manipulation/Flame Mastery/Teleportation
Security Level: 50+
Last Seen: Wandering the empty streets of the evacuated Paragon City.

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #337 on: May 27, 2016, 07:46:16 PM »

Indeed it's great news, since I've been a bit "on edge" about TSW in recent times. This is the first MMO since City of Heroes that I've really fallen in love with, between the story, atmosphere, characters, and setting. I've been starting to think every place that I start to call home is going to end up shuttered  :'(

It feels like a REALLY long time since I've seen anything other than grim news.
I agree, in fact I stopped buying points, now I can buy points again.

Sarabande

• Underling
« Reply #338 on: June 09, 2016, 06:51:43 AM »
So I've just started to dig into this one, and I'm having a great time thus far - is there still a hub for paragon refugees here or has that faded a bit? Could anyone suggest some cabals to take a look at? Thanks!

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #339 on: June 12, 2016, 07:17:33 AM »
So I've just started to dig into this one, and I'm having a great time thus far - is there still a hub for paragon refugees here or has that faded a bit? Could anyone suggest some cabals to take a look at? Thanks!
Wish I could help ya, but atm I am flying solo :(, but I think there might be a city of. cabal that is around.