Community > Task Force Hail Mary

I have been wondering this for a while now re: Buying CoH

<< < (6/7) > >>

Cinnder:

--- Quote from: Victoria Victrix on December 19, 2012, 04:00:39 AM ---Team Wildcard is in this for the long haul; I expect to spend at least a year going through the list.  And if I am the only one still doing that, so be it.  It took me 4 years to get a toon to 50, so spending a year trying to get the best MMORPG ever back in business doesn't seem like a big deal to me.

--- End quote ---

You won't be alone, VV!

Kaos Arcanna:

--- Quote from: Victoria Victrix on December 19, 2012, 06:34:59 AM ---It was inadvertently let slip to me that he was one of the first to turn up to offer to buy CoX.  He was summarily turned down by NCSoft.

--- End quote ---

Oddly, that makes me feel better. It's good to know that so many people valued our game.

NoName:
So the personal liability stuff vanished after the shutdown? I remember it being referenced in other posts but didn't know for sure if that was the case. It's funny that a publicly traded company can do so many moves that are contradictory to running a good business. I'm just glad we have people like Victoria Lackey and Wildcards on the case speaking on public forums where shareholders can see this kind of behavior and add to the pressure.

It's a real shame it went that way when Paragon reps tried to get it in their own hands. I just saw a story the other day about a Pirate game for Sony that they released to a studio made up of people who worked on the game. Say what you want about SOE but at least they gave that game the chance we never got.

Roughtrade:

--- Quote from: Victoria Victrix on December 19, 2012, 05:28:04 AM ---Just wanted to point out that I am 62 years old.  I don't have nearly as many years left as the rest of you do.  And I am still in this for the long haul.
--- End quote ---
You're not *that* much older than me, ducks.  And ditto.

Surelle:

--- Quote from: NoName on December 20, 2012, 12:48:44 AM ---So the personal liability stuff vanished after the shutdown? I remember it being referenced in other posts but didn't know for sure if that was the case. It's funny that a publicly traded company can do so many moves that are contradictory to running a good business. I'm just glad we have people like Victoria Lackey and Wildcards on the case speaking on public forums where shareholders can see this kind of behavior and add to the pressure.

It's a real shame it went that way when Paragon reps tried to get it in their own hands. I just saw a story the other day about a Pirate game for Sony that they released to a studio made up of people who worked on the game. Say what you want about SOE but at least they gave that game the chance we never got.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, it's Pirates of the Burning Sea, and I saw that today, too.  :)  I have always loved SOE and EQ2, and it would have been terrific to have them pick up CoH.  It's too darned bad that John Smedley has already publicly stated on Twitter that SOE was not buying CoH and never would.  (And he was cornered into doing that because some oaf on CoH's official forums started spreading false rumors there that SOE had made an offer to buy CoH within an hour or two of the shutdown announcement.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version