Author Topic: Most anticipated MMOG of 2013 Poll - let's bomb it with write-ins!  (Read 6032 times)

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
  • There are some who call me... Tim?
Re: Most anticipated MMOG of 2013 Poll - let's bomb it with write-ins!
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2012, 08:39:17 PM »
Hate that we can't view all the results for this.

P51mus

• Boss
  • aka Pitho
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2012, 01:44:56 AM »
Hate that we can't view all the results for this.

On my last vote it showed the current top 3.  Which isn't us.  Obviously means we have to try harder.

Electric-Knight

• Elite Boss
  • E-K and Malfaz taking a break, drinking tea
    • www.pauldamonthomas.com
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2012, 08:41:00 AM »
I've been voting over there at least once a day... anyone else?

--
"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever."
- Baron Munchausen

http://www.pauldamonthomas.com/

Captain Electric

• Elite Boss
  • Crime doesn't pay, evildoers!
    • CoH Faces Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2012, 09:30:19 AM »
Several times a day.

Life is busy for me, sometimes, and I know I'm not alone; but things like this are quick. They can be worked into your daily routine without missing a beat. The effort involved is negligible.

But you'll be doing something big: a single vote in a poll run by a major gaming site is worth thousands of forum posts anywhere else. And it feels great to do something that matters.

One day, if we have City of Heroes back via an actual studio and/or publisher, the new stewards will tell us that efforts like this mattered--that we saved our own collective butt.

So, I'm taking a moment to beg my fellow lurkers. Yes, you. You check here every day. For every regular forum poster here, there are dozens and dozens and dozens of you. You are the largest, most effective army our cause has. No matter who you are or what you have going on in your life, if you ever want to play City of Heroes again, if you ever want to wind down at the end of the day again in Paragon City, if you ever want the peace of mind it gave you, then for your own sake, find ways to speak up, however large or small. Votes on a gaming site? More than good enough.

Captain Electric

• Elite Boss
  • Crime doesn't pay, evildoers!
    • CoH Faces Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2013, 01:55:35 AM »
Looks like Neverwinter knocked Dust514 off the number 3 spot today. I don't imagine anyone is going to knock the Eldar Scrolls Online off the number 1 spot, but Firefall is holding onto number 2. City of Heroes has many, many times more general content and things to do, powers, social avenues, and more attention given to its major story lines than Firefall--and more than most MMO studios in the history of the industry. Firefall is a great game, I was in the beta. But for those of you who played COH for years and years, can you really see yourself playing Firefall for years and years?

I think we could at least take the number 3 spot, but more of you need to vote. You don't even need to be registered on Ten Ton Hammer to vote in this poll. Just click the link in the OP (or below), click the last option "Write in", type City of Heroes, click the vote button. You can do this every hour. Realistically, we're talking collectively about two or three minutes out of your day even if you vote several times daily. Bookmark the site or put a shortcut on your desktop. It's not that hard, folks.  :P

http://www.tentonhammer.com/polls/most-anticipated-mmog-of-2013

We have five days to claim our rightful spot on that top three list.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 02:01:05 AM by Captain Electric »

Taceus Jiwede

• Time Traveler
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2013, 01:10:20 AM »
For some reason it is not giving me the write in option.  It does when the browser first loads but then quickly disappears.

Blue Pulsar

• Boss
  • Epic Mediocrity
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2013, 06:23:57 AM »
For some reason it is not giving me the write in option.  It does when the browser first loads but then quickly disappears.

You have to actually click the little circle next to the words "Write in." Then the box will pop back up and you can write in "City of Heroes."
Blue Pulsar - 50 nrg/kin def - first toon - Liberty
Bane of Lanur - 52 nec/dark MM - Main vill - Liberty
Destan H. - 53 SS/FA brute - Farm/PvP hybrid - Freedom
Destan's Fury - 53 StJ/Regen brute - PvPer - Freedom
Destan's Shadow Gang - 53 Thug/Dark MM - PvPer - Freedom

Quanta

• Underling
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2013, 06:13:23 AM »
Well we were #1 for the write-ins   :)

"Submitted by Shayalyn on Fri, 01/11/2013 - 15:28.

We had a total of 537 write-in votes, although a significant number of them were either for games not expected to launch in 2013 (World of Darkness), or were complete nonsense (My Little Pony). The top three write-ins were:
 1.City of Heroes / Villains (the fan-led reboot)
 2.Archeage (which we didn't include because we don't believe it will launch in 2013)
 3.World Alpha"