Author Topic: What's the first thing you're going to do...?  (Read 9242 times)

Blue Pulsar

• Boss
  • Epic Mediocrity
What's the first thing you're going to do...?
« on: December 20, 2012, 10:52:10 AM »
When the game finally comes back, that is.

Make a new character? Get on your oldest and look up as many old friends as you can? Run your favorite TF/SF? Start a new Supergroup? Or just simply get right back into the swing of things with what you left off doing?

Me? I got to where I was not managing my time well in game. I had a lot of things I loved to do to choose from; AE farming, iTrials, purple farming, PvP, lowbie missions, badging. But I always ended up just not deciding what to do. I think that when we finally get our City back, first thing I will do is contact all my friends who left for GWII and shove the wind in their face. Then, I'm going to get on my main toon, find a good spot in the Rogue Isles (yeah, I'm a hardcore vill) and just bask in the awesomeness of the game. After that, I think I'm going to have to give myself a strict schedule where all my chosen activities are planned out each day. As odd as it sounds, that will make it more fun for me.

So, what about you guys? What will you do? Will the game shutdown make you play different? Less/more?
Blue Pulsar - 50 nrg/kin def - first toon - Liberty
Bane of Lanur - 52 nec/dark MM - Main vill - Liberty
Destan H. - 53 SS/FA brute - Farm/PvP hybrid - Freedom
Destan's Fury - 53 StJ/Regen brute - PvPer - Freedom
Destan's Shadow Gang - 53 Thug/Dark MM - PvPer - Freedom

Knightslayer

• Elite Boss
    • Monster Game!
Re: What's the first thing you're going to do...?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2012, 11:36:33 AM »
It highly depends on in what form it comes back, and whether it includes i24.
If it includes the latter I'd probably roll several new alts, and in all likelyhood even take a few days off from work if I know ahead of time when the re-launch is. =P

Blue Pulsar

• Boss
  • Epic Mediocrity
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2012, 11:42:11 AM »
...and in all likelyhood even take a few days off from work if I know ahead of time when the re-launch is. =P

Not a bad idea.

mikoroshi

• Boss
  • Author, Owner of Dogs
    • My Twitter
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2012, 11:47:20 AM »
Reserve all the best names and barter them in exchange for sales of my books.

I kid, I kid.
If you see me posting here, you need to tell me to stop it and get back to writing.

Rae

• Elite Boss
  • Journo/PR: The Phoenix Project
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2012, 11:51:25 AM »
I'll probably camp out on the steps of City Hall and /emtorchhold, out of habit ;)
--
@Vandellia
Virtue - Vandellia / Unseen Scarlet

Twitter: @Skybloopink

OzonePrime

• Elite Boss
  • Never Give Up! Never Surrender!
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2012, 12:35:28 PM »
Each one of my alts is going to dance, out of the sheer thrill of being able to move again. Then we're playing. And, playing some more!  ;D

Kaiser Tarantula

• Elite Boss
  • @Nerva
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2012, 01:01:26 PM »
Oh lord, that depends so much on what servers come back and what unlocks I'll retain, and whether or not my characters are retained or importable from Sentinel+ files.

Whatever character I remake first, though, is going straight for either City Hall or Grandville.  If Hero, I'm saluting Atlas's statue.  If Villain, it'll be Lord Recluse's.

ET3D

• Underling
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2012, 01:57:18 PM »
The first thing I'll do if CoH goes back online is eat my hat.

Is there any indication that CoH will come back up? I admit I haven't been following the board closely, but what I see is attempts to convince companies to buy the game, and that looks to me like a long shot. With the devs already employed at other places, what are the chances that the game will come up?

There's Plan Z (well "plans Z"), and though I also don't trust in the success of these to any large extent, they still seem more plausible than getting CoH back up as it was.

Is there anything I missed?

SARobb

• Boss
  • Rawr.
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2012, 02:49:47 PM »
When we get our homes back ...

1- a 5 day weekend scheduled around re-opening
2- If we get our friends back, 2 to 3 ITF back to back because I just love to stomp me some Romans...
2- If we have to remake our friends... take those 5 days and re-play every nook and cranny low level arc I skipped over the last year-ish or so in the interest of getting the new power sets cranked up a bit to see what they played like (not rush so much)
3- Play through Praetoria in its entirety ... tbh, I never did. and boooy now that I can't I regret it.

but the key to all that is When we get our home back. Cause it is... So say we all.
Stand up for what you beleive in - even if you are standing alone

Rae

• Elite Boss
  • Journo/PR: The Phoenix Project
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2012, 02:51:55 PM »
The first thing I'll do if CoH goes back online is eat my hat.

Is there any indication that CoH will come back up? I admit I haven't been following the board closely, but what I see is attempts to convince companies to buy the game, and that looks to me like a long shot. With the devs already employed at other places, what are the chances that the game will come up?

There's Plan Z (well "plans Z"), and though I also don't trust in the success of these to any large extent, they still seem more plausible than getting CoH back up as it was.

Is there anything I missed?

Hush. Logic is not welcome in this thread ;)
--
@Vandellia
Virtue - Vandellia / Unseen Scarlet

Twitter: @Skybloopink

Blue Pulsar

• Boss
  • Epic Mediocrity
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2012, 03:41:39 PM »
Hush. Logic is not welcome in this thread ;)

Are you insinuating that my logistical fantasy is a logical fallacy?

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2012, 04:37:23 PM »
Spend a few thousand in game to do my part and if corporation owned and the corporation looks good, spend three times investing in said corporation. Then doing my part to make sure lack of profit, too small of a profit, too small of population and etc. will not be an issue over the years.

Risha

• Boss
  • Dancing at the end of the World
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2012, 04:40:30 PM »
I think I'll log on as my squishy main toon Risha (emp/mind 'troller for Heaven's sake), and just visit every zone...
Writer of Fantasy and Fantasy Romance

houtex

• Elite Boss
  • I was the turkey all along! MEE!
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2012, 05:15:51 PM »
Brawl only Blaster.  'nuff said.

/no, not really.
//but yeah, really.

Segev

• Plan Z: Interim Producer
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2012, 05:20:04 PM »
Spend a few thousand in game to do my part and if corporation owned and the corporation looks good, spend three times investing in said corporation. Then doing my part to make sure lack of profit, too small of a profit, too small of population and etc. will not be an issue over the years.
As a word of advice, unless the company is issuing new stocks, buying their stock doesn't technically do a thing to help their bottom line. It does help the personal wealth of the stockholders, amongst whom most executives count themselves, though.

Buying stuff in the game, though? That's the way to help with profits of the game.

Lucretia MacEvil

« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2012, 06:16:56 PM »
The first thing I'm going to do is e-mail all the players whose RL e-mails I have to let them know that our City was saved!

Then....
I don't know.  Like Knightslayer and Kaiser Tarantula have said, it really depends on what we get back.  I'd really like to roll an Ill/Time controller (since I never really got around to it), but without the vet powers it would be kinda hard at first....

Well, we'll see what happens when our City is rezzed, and then I'll go from there.

SARobb

• Boss
  • Rawr.
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2012, 07:07:36 PM »
Well, we'll see what happens when our City is rezzed, and then I'll go from there.

That's the spirit!  :D
Stand up for what you beleive in - even if you are standing alone

Segev

• Plan Z: Interim Producer
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2012, 07:15:40 PM »
Me, I'll get Segev Stormlord restored or remade, conjure up some zombies, and go pursue my research into immortality. Muhuhahahahahahahahahaha!

Menrva Channel

• Boss
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2012, 08:14:29 PM »
What will I do? First, I will give the two I left behind a big hug and place them in a seat of honor. Then I'm going to import all me toons that I saved on the extractor to their rightful place on Victory Server. (Because I am sure we'll have that once the game returns, right? ;)) If not, rebuild my primaries and start the process of trekking to 50 all over again.--This time screen shotting and demoing that journey every step of the way, especially on my favorite arcs.

After that, it's anyone's guess. Maybe an ITF--my all time favorite TF. One thing I know, I will keep a better visual track of it. Play with emotes more... And never, EVER take it for granted again. 

JanessaVR

• New Efforts # 12,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2012, 08:16:34 PM »