Author Topic: PAX 2013  (Read 11779 times)

Crater Labs

• Trivia Champion 2016
  • Minion
PAX 2013
« on: March 12, 2013, 04:22:21 PM »
Well, NCSoft has announced that they'll be at PAX 2013 to showcase their upcoming games.  (They also mentioned that they publish CoH in the press release for that, which I assume is a slip up on their part.)

If I had the cash or transportation to get to PAX, I think I'd don a Statesman or Apex costume, get an unlit torch, and just chill in front of their booth.

Rotten Luck

• Elite Boss
  • "I'd rather go out a hero than a coward."
Re: PAX 2013
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2013, 05:14:17 PM »
Sounds like a plan.  If you don't got a costume put on a AP33 Shirt!  Or sign if you don't even have that!

Now I wish I could get to Pax.
One way or another... Heroes will fly again!

Nafaustu

• Boss
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2013, 05:14:53 PM »
That would be amazing.   I can't get time off work for something like that.    I wonder if we have any friendly convention goers who might be willing to do just that.

Sajaana

• Boss
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2013, 06:07:09 PM »
If I had the cash or transportation to get to PAX, I think I'd don a Statesman or Apex costume, get an unlit torch, and just chill in front of their booth.

Too bad it can't be a lit torch, that we can stick up...um...somewhere.  ;D

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2013, 06:10:35 PM »
(They also mentioned that they publish CoH in the press release for that, which I assume is a slip up on their part.)

Oh do they, now? I kinda want to point that part out to every single person who reads that press release. And then casually say something like, "That's how much they care about North American gamers. They can't even be bothered to update last year's press release to remove mention of a game they've shut down. And people keep giving them money because... why again?"

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2013, 06:13:26 PM »
I might be interested in doing this for a little while for PAX Prime (PAX East is right out). I go to PAX Prime every year. I'd have to get an AP33 shirt, which I used to have links to the various places selling them but can't find them anymore.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Illusionss

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2013, 07:38:22 PM »
Well, NCSoft has announced that they'll be at PAX 2013 to showcase their upcoming games.  (They also mentioned that they publish CoH in the press release for that, which I assume is a slip up on their part.)

Mad scientist-voice: GENIUS!!!!

What a bunch of fools this outfit is, I bet someone has to tie their shoes for them in the morning.

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
  • There are some who call me... Tim?
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2013, 07:38:44 PM »

Halloween props. Cellophane blown by a fan, illuminated from beneath. Makes a pretty good-looking fauxflame.

Illusionss

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2013, 07:39:46 PM »

Or that, or that..... I am good with this outcome too.....

srmalloy

• Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2013, 09:29:30 PM »

Well, it can't be an actual lit torch, but you could use one of these as a prop.

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
  • There are some who call me... Tim?
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2013, 09:57:58 PM »
Well, it can't be an actual lit torch, but you could use one of these as a prop.

And there's just the kind of thing I was talking about.  :D

eviella

• Minion
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2013, 06:06:45 AM »
IF I can get a ticket this year I'm down for this for at least a couple hours.

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
  • You think the holidays are bad for you ...
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2013, 08:35:37 AM »
The proper way would be to act like a flash mob with masks and faux torches.  Try to appear like any gamer there carrying a bag a swag into the presentation and sit all over.  At at some point after they lowered the lights for their presentation each member will don a mask and/or cape, stand, light and hold up the faux torch.  First one person, then five seconds later another from a different part of the hall, five seconds two more from other parts of the room, etc.  It shouldn't take more than 30 seconds from first person to the entire mob.

No shouting at them, just quietly holding up your torch.  Assuming you will be asked to stop or leave then leave but quietly, still proudly holding up your torch.
Tempus unum hominem manet

Twitter - AtomicSamuraiRobot@NukeSamuraiBot

Tubbius

• Fun Title
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2013, 11:03:49 AM »
The other ho ho ho man has a wonderful idea.  :)

Rotten Luck

• Elite Boss
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2013, 11:32:05 AM »
Operation: Pax!

Now I so wish I could be there.

Senkan

• Minion
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2013, 12:36:23 PM »
If we knew someone in the Boston area...we could all pitch in a couple bucks and have an AP 33 banner made and have it hung over there display.

Rotten Luck

• Elite Boss
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2013, 01:42:36 PM »
I posted this idea to a few Facebook CoH pages.  The more torches the better! 

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2013, 02:19:26 PM »
As soon as these things start happening in Chicago or St. Louis, I am so less useless for this! :)
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

V-Mink

• Lieutenant
  • Greenside
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2013, 03:38:00 PM »
The proper way would be to act like a flash mob with masks and faux torches.  Try to appear like any gamer there carrying a bag a swag into the presentation and sit all over.  At at some point after they lowered the lights for their presentation each member will don a mask and/or cape, stand, light and hold up the faux torch.  First one person, then five seconds later another from a different part of the hall, five seconds two more from other parts of the room, etc.  It shouldn't take more than 30 seconds from first person to the entire mob.

No shouting at them, just quietly holding up your torch.  Assuming you will be asked to stop or leave then leave but quietly, still proudly holding up your torch.

An excellent idea!  Nothing vicious or disruptive that NCsoft can dismiss or laugh at and get everyone else to laugh at.  Just a simple, straightforward, understated act.

Samuraiko

• Honorary Paragon Dev and
  • Elite Boss
  • EVERYONE LOOK AWESOME - I'M FILMING!
    • The Wandering Crane
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2013, 08:57:03 PM »

Af, you got a link for this?

I live in Seattle. I can get behind this.

Hell, I may even show up with a videocamera.

Michelle
aka
Samuraiko/Dark_Respite
The game may be gone, but the videos are still here...
http://www.youtube.com/samuraiko
http://cohtube.blogspot.com