Author Topic: What are you playing now? Share with everyone  (Read 152465 times)

Thunder Glove

• Elite Boss
Re: What are you playing now? Share with everyone
« Reply #180 on: October 02, 2014, 07:41:47 AM »
Just finished Paper Mario: Sticker Star (which I quite enjoyed, despite its reputation).  Not sure what I'm going to play next.  My wife and I were going to buy Smash Bros for 3DS on its release date, but we learned I'd have to buy two copies to play each other, which turned us off on that.

Still, I have a backlog here, so maybe Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks next.

Edit: I've never dropped a Zelda game so quickly in my life.  I like Zelda for the world-exploring, the dungeon-crawling, and the boss-fighting, but after playing it for a half-hour or so I got none of that, just irritating mini-games, a horrible control scheme, way too many cutscenes, and a stealth mission that, after failing it several times because the screen is too zoomed in to actually see where the guards I'm supposed to avoid are, made me shut the game off and stop playing it.  Link doesn't even have a sword yet!  I have zero urge to go back to it.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 09:29:05 AM by Thunder Glove »

FlyingCarcass

• Elite Boss
« Reply #181 on: October 12, 2014, 12:45:34 PM »
Lately I've been playing EVE Online interspersed with some Counter-Strike Global Offensive, Battlefield Bad Company 2, and Battlefield 3, though with the current free Xbox Live Gold weekend I've mostly been playing some Call of Duty 4 this weekend.

therain93

• Elite Boss
« Reply #182 on: October 12, 2014, 02:52:24 PM »
Logging into TESO for crafting and playing a bit of Xcom Enemy Within -- actually hasn't been too much playtime / ' :
@Texarkana - March 5, 2004 - December 1, 2012 -- Imageshack |-| Youtube
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You don't know what it's like.... |-| Book One. Chapter one...

Castegyre

• Elite Boss
« Reply #183 on: October 15, 2014, 03:09:28 AM »
Playing TESO a bit, messing around with Landmark from time to time, and my wife keeps trying to get me to like FFXIV. I'm kind of between things right now to be honest but there doesn't seem to be much out there worth investing my time in.

Jorge Firebomb

• Minion
« Reply #184 on: October 15, 2014, 04:04:23 AM »
I've mostly been playing Crusader Kings 2 and World of Tanks. Nothing quite like conquering the world as a Viking, and wiping those silly Catholics off the map.  :)

Eoraptor

• Elite Boss
« Reply #185 on: October 16, 2014, 06:25:23 PM »
Beat Mass Effect as a paragon, now playing it as a rogue... also playing E2 with my paraon, but I'm finding the writing doesn't connect with me and also doesn't seem to much cnnect with the original game :S maybe I am just grumpy old man.
"Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story, while others can read the back of a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe!"
-Lex Luthor

JennSpace

• Lieutenant
« Reply #186 on: October 17, 2014, 08:28:32 PM »
Right now I'm playing Mario Kart 7 mirror cups but I plan to buy a Resident Evil game for 3DS tonight because I really feel like playing Resident Evil and I only have 3 cups left before being done with MK7! :P Before that I played Chrono Trigger on the DS and OH, Super Smash Bros 4!  ;)
Missed in action in the Rikti War Zone, almost 2 years ago.

DBadger

• Lieutenant
« Reply #187 on: October 23, 2014, 07:17:19 PM »
NHL 15 and FIFA 15 on ps4, Beyond Earth unlocks in 4 hours and will be getting most of my game  time and just bought the Saints Row 4  package with all dlc off Steam

Drauger9

• Elite Boss
    • My gaming blog
« Reply #188 on: March 19, 2015, 05:46:31 AM »
*RISE THREAD RISE!!!!*

Sorry for the necro. :P

Since Elder Scrolls Online went buy to play yesterday. I've been playing that and I also started playing Guild Wars 2 again.....(I just missed my Necromancer in GW2 :( )

If anyone else is playing these games. My ESO name is Sugarcult9 and my GW2 name is Digitalfarmer.3742, I'm not on much since I'm working full time and looking for another full time job. But if you see me on and want to game together send me a whisper.

Talon Blue

• Minion
« Reply #189 on: March 24, 2015, 05:11:03 PM »
I saw that Dungeon Fighter Online is back. I used to play it back in the day, I think I might give it another shot at least for a while. I'm finished with DA: Inquisition for now, I'm on PS4 so I'll have to wait for the DLC.

therain93

• Elite Boss
« Reply #190 on: March 24, 2015, 09:44:14 PM »
Still playing mostly Civ 5, occasionally logging into TESO.  I acquired Brothers on both Steam and the PS4, which has been entertaining.
@Texarkana - March 5, 2004 - December 1, 2012 -- Imageshack |-| Youtube
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You don't know what it's like.... |-| Book One. Chapter one...

Taceus Jiwede

• Time Traveler
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #191 on: March 29, 2015, 05:42:45 AM »
I picked up Bloodborne on Tuesday.  So far its an amazing game, having a lot of fun with it.

Thunder Glove

• Elite Boss
« Reply #192 on: April 01, 2015, 06:19:30 PM »
Borderlands 2.  I've actually been playing it for weeks now. I can't stop trying out different character and gear combinations. (I'm really sorry that Gearbox has moved onto The Pre-Sequel.  I'd rather have a dozen more DLC for B2 than having to start all over again with all new characters)

FlyingCarcass

• Elite Boss
« Reply #193 on: April 02, 2015, 08:21:47 PM »
I've also been playing some Borderlands 2 since the recent Steam sale and have been having a good time with the Mechnomancer.

I also picked up the new XCOM during the sale and have found it to be extremely enjoyable (playing it with the Long War mod), though it's one of those "oh, just one more mission" games that keeps one up way too late, lol.

Still playing some EVE, though lately I've mostly just been logging in for a quick mission/complex or two then logging off.

Styrj

• Boss
« Reply #194 on: April 02, 2015, 10:33:57 PM »
Lately, I've been thumb wrestling with myself waiting for news, any news! :P When I'm not thumb wrestling, I'm playing Civ V or Civ BE.  Both keep me entertained for a time.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!  Infinity Server...

Drauger9

• Elite Boss
    • My gaming blog
« Reply #195 on: April 03, 2015, 02:56:39 AM »
Still playing ESO (when it's not crashing on me....) Play GW2 every now and then. I also play Diablo 3 ROS a lot, some PS Vita games and some xbox 360 games.

Castegyre

• Elite Boss
« Reply #196 on: April 03, 2015, 07:03:51 AM »
I've resorted to playing Alpha Centauri and some old SSi D&D gold box games.

I don't know what to do with myself these days.

Tahliah

• Lieutenant
« Reply #197 on: April 09, 2015, 10:36:42 PM »

I don't know what to do with myself these days.

/this

Abraxus

• Elite Boss
  • Brax on Discord. Play on Homecoming/Torchbearer
« Reply #198 on: April 11, 2015, 07:26:18 PM »
I have purchased a bunch of the old LucasArts games from GoG.com, and had fun going through those again.  What they lack in graphic abilities, they more than make up for in playability, and fun.  Kind of like CoH! 

Oh damn!  Now I went and reminded myself why I have had to resort to games from the 90s to entertain myself.  Because CoH is not back yet!  :gonk:
What was no more, is now reborn!

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #199 on: April 11, 2015, 11:27:33 PM »
Slowly getting back into DCUO again, they have some quality of life changes coming up that will include overall better rewarding and whatnot.  Namely they are increasing the consistency for rewards in new content and also smoothing out the power level of characters.  Combat rating differences will behave more like level did in city of heroes, in that it's the difference in combat rating that will matter more than the derived stats of that CR.  They are doing it, seems to me, to avoid the exponentially increasing numbers problem that diablo 3 already suffers from.

Speaking of diablo 3, the game has entered a new third season, so I'll be messing with that once in a while to.  The game has had a good number of good things, and they added quality of life improvements as well.  New sets were added and some crappier sets were improved(don't worry, this did not come with nerfs to good sets).  In short, the game got better.

I am still giving CO some attention but more to hang out with friends, thing is CO got moved back to Cryptic Studios, probably cause cryptic north was just ruining the game by listening to the scrubs demanding nerfs to things and causing the whole bait/switch scandal and then later the price hike.  And already I hear that the same jerks are asking the Cryptic Studio devs for large amounts of nerfs that'd likely just drive the rest of the now nearly dead community away.  I'm left skeptical as a result, though I can say i'm glad to see CO out of the hands of Cryptic north, they just did far more damage than good for CO.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.