Author Topic: Call to Action: Celebrating the 9th Anniversary  (Read 28453 times)

therain93

• Elite Boss
Re: Call to Action: Celebrating the 9th Anniversary
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2013, 12:32:20 PM »
#9Reasons Innovations - The CoH Enhancement and Invention systems customized primary and secondary power effects  @NCSoft #SaveCoH
#9Reasons Innovations - CoH made the mmo holy trinity irrelevant -- buffs/debuffs, control, and pets, oh my! @NCSoft #SaveCoH
#9Reasons Innovations - Costumes were never connected to powers or defense - no more clones! no more arms race! @NCSoft #SaveCoH
#9Reasons Innovations - 1000s of power combinations encouraged players to roll new alts -> veterans played with new players @NCSoft #SaveCoH
#9Reasons Innovations - Flight! Battles on the Z-axis @NCSoft #SaveCoH
@Texarkana - March 5, 2004 - December 1, 2012 -- Imageshack |-| Youtube
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You don't know what it's like.... |-| Book One. Chapter one...

Quinch

« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2013, 04:46:26 PM »
https://twitter.com/TheQuinch

@thetitannetwork #SaveCoH #9Reasons #1: Sidekick system. Yes, six of my teammates are more than twenty levels below me. Why do you ask?
@thetitannetwork #SaveCoH #9Reasons #2 Separation of appearance and stats. Embrace your individuality!
@thetitannetwork #SaveCoH #9Reasons #3 I understand the words "free" and "expansion", but they don't make sense in the same sentence.
@thetitannetwork #SaveCoH #9Reasons #4: Global channels. For when you need to trade bad jokes with three dozen people seven servers away.
@thetitannetwork #SaveCoH #9Reasons #5: Adaptive difficulty. Mo' teammates mo' villainous punks to slap around.
@thetitannetwork #SaveCoH #9Reasons #6: Not-so-adaptive difficulty. I wonder if hero corps analysts still got paid after the fine-tuning?
@thetitannetwork #SaveCoH #9Reasons #7: Mission givers who embraced cutting edge technologies... like cellphones. #someonebuyFaathimaphone
@thetitannetwork #SaveCoH #9Reasons #8: Architect Entertainment and build-your-own content tools. #LF4firefarm
@thetitannetwork #SaveCoH #9Reasons #9: CAAAAAAPEEEESSSSSSS!! #yescapes

Imma go collapse now. Today was murder.

Maressa

• Boss
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2013, 05:01:43 PM »
@thetitannetwork #SaveCoH #9Reasons #7: Mission givers who embraced cutting edge technologies... like cellphones. #someonebuyFaathimaphone

Don't think the reception is all that great out there. Though for some reason I now see the "Can you hear me now" guy strolling past.

Quinch

« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2013, 05:21:13 PM »
Maybe I should have changed the tag to #DeadZoneChantry?

Maressa

• Boss

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2013, 06:08:36 PM »
Yay!
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Maressa

• Boss
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2013, 06:46:30 PM »
And more press! http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/04/26/players-commemorate-city-of-heroes-9th-anniversary/ Though the comments don't seem all that positive so far.

Quinch

« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2013, 06:49:03 PM »
Chipped in here.

Steele Magnolia

• Minion
« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2013, 07:06:47 PM »
I'm in. I created a Twitter acct awhile back just for Save COH stuff. Day 1 tweet has been sent.

TheDemonHunter

• Underling
  • Base Builder
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2013, 07:35:24 PM »
Posted my #9Reasons just now -- @DHGamerMR
"In my dreams, devil, I soar through a far finer world than this. I dine and dance among graceful goddesses on the other side of the universe, and share home and hearth with heroes. In reality, here -- now -- I'm just another man, in a role I was never meant to play...."

pogoman

• Vox Populi
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2013, 09:36:02 PM »
I'm going to discuss this on my blogtalk show tonight, if that's ok. i don't see why it wouldn't be ok though. :)

Maressa

• Boss
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2013, 09:39:51 PM »
I'm going to discuss this on my blogtalk show tonight, if that's ok. i don't see why it wouldn't be ok though. :)

Absolutely! The more people hear about it, hopefully the more people join us. We're all about people joining in! Speaking of which! We've got an event on Facebook going. Join us! http://www.facebook.com/events/367313333389149/

Taceus Jiwede

• Time Traveler
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2013, 10:33:45 PM »
Heck of an idea.  I'm on board Maressa

Heliphyneau

• Underling
« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2013, 12:22:12 AM »
Just posted ten tweets about #9Reasons.  I figured each item deserved some explanation, and 140 characters just ain't enough.

therain93

• Elite Boss
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2013, 03:19:17 AM »
#9Reasons Innovations - The CoH Enhancement and Invention systems customized primary and secondary power effects  @NCSoft #SaveCoH
#9Reasons Innovations - CoH made the mmo holy trinity irrelevant -- buffs/debuffs, control, and pets, oh my! @NCSoft #SaveCoH
#9Reasons Innovations - Costumes were never connected to powers or defense - no more clones! no more arms race! @NCSoft #SaveCoH
#9Reasons Innovations - 1000s of power combinations encouraged players to roll new alts -> veterans played with new players @NCSoft #SaveCoH
#9Reasons Innovations - Flight! Battles on the Z-axis @NCSoft #SaveCoH
That pesky work interrupted me....

#9Reasons Innovations - Badges and accolades - who'da thunk? @NCSoft #SaveCoH
#9Reasons Innovations - Super-sidekicking - players shift to the mission holder's level @NCSoft #SaveCoH
#9Reasons Innovations - Flashback system - playing content you technically "outleveled" @NCSoft #SaveCoH
#9Reasons Innovations - Character Description box- empowering players to write their own toon's story @NCSoft #SaveCoH
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Menrva Channel

• Boss
« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2013, 05:02:43 AM »
Loved your post. I don't have a Twitter account, but I kicked off the celebration but wrote this: http://scholar-k-hobbit.deviantart.com/art/Bittersweet-Happy-Anniversary-CoH-368045576?q=gallery%3Ascholar-k-hobbit&qo=0. I think it summarized all the feelings I am going through. :/

downix

• Phoenix Project Technical Lead
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2013, 07:24:47 AM »
I'm in!

Maressa

• Boss
« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2013, 11:17:49 AM »
Day two everyone! Today it is all about the favorite task forces/missions we can't play anymore. Don't forget to use all those tags and keep up the great work. I just read an article which mentions us a lot though it isn't strictly about City of Heroes. Have a read if you have the time. It could make for a very interesting conversation. http://www.onrpg.com/articles/editorial/camelot-unchained-the-final-countdown-for-a-kickstarter-and-an-industry/

#9Reasons #SaveCoH @NCSoft

therain93

• Elite Boss
« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2013, 01:20:36 PM »
First 5 -- remaining to come this evening:

#9reasons Favorite Missions - Time's Arrow aka Imperious Task Force - Fighting in the Valley against 100s of mobs!  @NCSoft #SaveCoH
#9reasons Favorite Missions - Who Will Die? - The Death of Statesman  http://youtu.be/WfQoD0_YrTc @NCSoft #SaveCoH
#9reasons Favorite Missions - Statesman's Taskforce - Fighting the 4 Villiain Patrons of Lord Recluse @NCSoft #SaveCoH
#9reasons Favorite Missions - Operation Destiny - The goal of every villain, to be *the* destined one @NCSoft #SaveCoH
#9reasons Favorite Missions - Power Overwhelming aka Mender Ramiel's SA - Traveling forward in time to a ruined Ouroboros @NCSoft #SaveCoH