Author Topic: One Year Ago  (Read 23094 times)

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
Re: One Year Ago
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2013, 11:56:53 PM »
*Raises a toast*... here here. Hard to believe a year has passed. While I will not have anything to do with NCSoft again, I no longer let them occupy any portion of my mind. My desire to be back in my City has not changed. I like 'Next Christmas in the Ski Chalet!' even better, because it's closer than 'next year'.....hold tight to faith and hope.

Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

BobMc

• Lieutenant
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2013, 03:44:49 AM »
*Raises a toast*... here here. Hard to believe a year has passed. While I will not have anything to do with NCSoft again, I no longer let them occupy any portion of my mind. My desire to be back in my City has not changed. I like 'Next Christmas in the Ski Chalet!' even better, because it's closer than 'next year'.....hold tight to faith and hope.

In remembrance, I pulled up Trollbabe (my first CoH character), Amyra (my first 50), and Nine Lives 9 (my last 50) with Icon just to light a torch. I think I'll do that again around the Unity Rally Anniversary, and certainly on the anniversary of shutdown.
The final line of a post  by Sweet_Sarah on Liberty
"Together we entered a city of strangers, we made it a city of friends, and we leave it a City of Heroes."

PunkusJR

• Boss
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2013, 04:17:44 AM »
A year ago a crushing blow was served to all of us. Thanks guys for keeping the community alive. ^^ We'll have or city back. Whether it be the exact city, or something close, we'll have it back. Until then I only have this to say. I look forward to fighting along side all of you again. Except for you villains. I look forward to fighting against you.
I am the gun that rains judgement. I am the chill in the spine of evil doers. I am the flame that burns with justice. I am the teal angel that rises from death! I! AM! KAIT0!

General Idiot

• Elite Boss
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2013, 01:12:02 PM »
It says a lot about this community that a good portion of us are still here a year later.

pewlagon

• Boss
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2013, 04:32:16 PM »
I created a video to commemorate August 31st: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqARPM8StjQ

The video will be expanded to be much longer on the anniversary date of the shut down.

I love being part of this community because one word sums all of us up: Hope.

Menrva Channel

• Boss
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2013, 06:03:46 PM »
You know this will be our first year without ToT--one of my favorite yearly events in the game. :( Too bad we couldn't do a mock up here. XD

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2013, 06:07:52 PM »
Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

Eoraptor

• Elite Boss
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2013, 07:23:38 PM »
You know this will be our first year without ToT--one of my favorite yearly events in the game. :( Too bad we couldn't do a mock up here. XD
Cries

I loved ToT and Zombie attacks. running banners at night was fun too
"Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story, while others can read the back of a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe!"
-Lex Luthor

MindBlender

• Boss
  • My Main was a healer, wish he was here now.
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2013, 12:25:35 AM »
For variety, we'll have 2 styles of sewer - a more modern system for the majority of Titan City, and an older, darker one for the areas beneath the old town district of Salem.

I just get all giddy when content is brought up!  you had me at "we'll have 2 styles..... ;D
All my computer skill was used up on my Commodore 64 decades ago...

Tubbius

• Fun Title
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2013, 06:28:45 AM »
I created a video to commemorate August 31st: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqARPM8StjQ

The video will be expanded to be much longer on the anniversary date of the shut down.

I love being part of this community because one word sums all of us up: Hope.

Thank you for letting us all hear that gorgeous music again.  Thank you.

PunkusJR

• Boss
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2013, 07:23:13 AM »
T~T ToT in City was more fun than doing it IRL . . . where I live not many people give out candy xD
I am the gun that rains judgement. I am the chill in the spine of evil doers. I am the flame that burns with justice. I am the teal angel that rises from death! I! AM! KAIT0!

Menrva Channel

• Boss
« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2013, 03:47:35 AM »
T~T ToT in City was more fun than doing it IRL . . . where I live not many people give out candy xD

One thing I loved about ToT in Paragon was that no one judged you or thought you were too old. Everyone was in costume and our ages were all hidden by computer screens. XD Seriously. I loved it almost as much as I loved the Winter Holiday events.

PunkusJR

• Boss
« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2013, 06:44:47 AM »
One thing I loved about ToT in Paragon was that no one judged you or thought you were too old. Everyone was in costume and our ages were all hidden by computer screens. XD Seriously. I loved it almost as much as I loved the Winter Holiday events.

Haha, the treats were better to, don't forget that.

Megajoule

• Lieutenant
« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2013, 09:17:39 AM »
I was at work, reading the forums on my lunch break.  I remember that for a good minute, I simply stared at the words on my screen, unable to believe them.

JanessaVR

• New Efforts # 12,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2013, 09:29:07 AM »
I was at work, reading the forums on my lunch break.  I remember that for a good minute, I simply stared at the words on my screen, unable to believe them.
I was actually home - I had scheduled the day off and was in the process of working a new L50 up to "Alpha" status (wherein they had all Incarnate slots filled with top-level powers, had all benefit-giving Accolades, and had all Purple or top-quality recipes in their enhancement slots as well as all enhancements upgraded to L50+5) when a teammate relayed the announcement to us.  We were on a Manticore TF, and I didn't understand at first - I thought they meant that the servers were about to go down for maintenance and I was wondering what idiot scheduled that for during the day instead of 2am or something.

I was totally in shock when I actually understood the message on the website.  It just didn't make any sense.  A year later, and it still doesn't.

OzonePrime

• Elite Boss
  • Never Give Up! Never Surrender!
« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2013, 11:36:30 AM »
I remember logging on that day. I was so stunned that I couldn't continue to sign in screen and play. I called one of my SG members just to verify what i had just read. We were both in shock. Still am.

Never Give Up! Never Surrender!

Tubbius

• Fun Title
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2013, 10:34:22 PM »
I was in the middle of playing with my girlfriend.  I got up to go get some more drink from the kitchen.  I then heard her hollering, "They're shutting down City!"

:(

Why did they have to do this to all of us?  :(

CoyoteSeven

• Boss
    • My Twitter
« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2013, 10:39:53 PM »

I was at work too. First post I saw about it was from that goat guy. The one who got on my nerves all the time, lol. He said something about how it had to be an obvious prank, and then a few posts later it was like OMFG this is serious! D:

My heart sank that day.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2013, 11:55:06 PM »
If I recall correctly, I first saw the news while I was at work.  I jumped over to the Titan forums to see the discussion here - half expecting to see the announcement debunked as some sort of horrible joke - but the server wasn't responding.

Thus my first two lines of text that day over Skype.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

pewlagon

• Boss
« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2013, 12:49:01 AM »
Was really bittersweet for me. I was laid off that morning and came home to find out Paragon Studios was, as well. I was in disbelief for about twenty minutes before I was able to communicate.