Author Topic: Congrats to The Phoenix Project  (Read 8176 times)

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
  • You think the holidays are bad for you ...
Congrats to The Phoenix Project
« on: November 04, 2013, 05:06:39 AM »
Over $678,000 raised.

Please no e-mail updates from the Maldives.
Tempus unum hominem manet

Twitter - AtomicSamuraiRobot@NukeSamuraiBot

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
Re: Congrats to The Phoenix Project
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2013, 05:07:12 AM »
+1

Menrva Channel

• Boss
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2013, 05:09:14 AM »
Way to go guys! I look forward to seeing the final product. :)

DJMoose

• Missing His Jeep
  • Boss
  • To believe in the heroic makes heroes.
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2013, 05:36:59 AM »
Indeed.  Here is to the future. 8)
Serkana The Wise
Primal Praetorian

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2013, 07:37:37 AM »
Oh and I hope this doesn't mean now it's complete radio silence.

Remember some people love watching how the sausage is made. Over course not every detail of every muscle fiber is required, but sometimes even something as little as "Have to order some more casing and seasonings but the sausage making is going well. The test batch got positive reviews. We are trying out a spicier version" is good every now and then. 

Minotaur

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2013, 11:53:25 AM »
Over $678,000 raised.

You think if the devs were in the Maldives, they'd bother sending an email update ?

Segev

• Plan Z: Interim Producer
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2013, 01:18:59 PM »
You think if the devs were in the Maldives, they'd bother sending an email update ?
Yeah, the internet connection here is terrible!

Er, I mean... >_> <_<

But more seriously, THANK YOU, all of you, for your support and help. We're going to be moving swiftly once the funds disburse to us to get the tools we need to get cracking on everything. We're very excited to accelerate our work on the avatar builder.

downix

• Phoenix Project Technical Lead
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2013, 03:16:16 PM »
Over $678,000 raised.

You know now we are going to have a mission where Doctor Tyche has conquered the Maldives, right?

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2013, 03:47:25 PM »
We're very excited to accelerate our work on the avatar builder.

Oh yeahhhh... I gotta stop calling it the Character Creator, don't I? It's the Avatar Builder now. Huh.

*practices saying it over and over again*  Avatar builder... avatar builder... avatar builder...

Woohoo! Go team! ;D

Omega Mark V

• Boss
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2013, 04:02:10 PM »
Congrats!

Haven't been able to say that in a while.

Can't wait to see how it turns out! ... And I'm still waiting for a Paypal option. ;)
- Omega Mk. V

JWBullfrog

• Elite Boss
  • I didn't leave Paragon City. They threw me out!
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2013, 07:22:56 PM »
I'm exited that I was able to help out in hitting the goal. Great job everybody.

Now, because somebody has to be the dark cloud upon which the silver lining may be found...

You've got us excited and now it's time to start delivering.

NO pressure MWM...

No pressure
As long as somebody keeps making up stories for it, the City isn't gone.

The White Rager

• Lieutenant
    • The Wordpile
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2013, 10:18:07 PM »
+1

The team has stated that it will be returning to the old weekly updates, through the usual channels. That is, once their one week vacation is over. These updates will probably start to have more graphics, now that the game design is empowered by graphic programs.

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2013, 10:21:28 PM »
The team has stated that it will be returning to the old weekly updates, through the usual channels. That is, once their one week vacation is over. These updates will probably start to have more graphics, now that the game design is empowered by graphic programs.
ah yes. thanks for the info.

Menrva Channel

• Boss
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2013, 11:59:39 PM »
... And I'm still waiting for a Paypal option. ;)

I know right?! Silly Amazon. -.- I'd have been able to contribute a little more if they'd had a Pay Pal option. :/ (I had really wanted to go for the $50 option but meh... stupid RL finances...) Still, I am super excited about this and can't wait to reserve my global. :D

Illusionss

• Elite Boss
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2013, 03:32:38 PM »

Yes, lets give them some space to start making things really happen with the new tools they're about to get. I would much rather see fast progress on the game than friendly chatting online - although there is not a thing wrong with that!

I admit this whole thing has given me a surge of hope, something big has finally happened and it is great! Which is not to say that big things were not happening before, its just that we outside the project couldn't really see much. I am probably going to completely lose it when we get that Avatar Builder.

downix

• Elite Boss
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2013, 05:36:39 PM »
It amuses me to recognize how much of a cheapskate I am. Spent today trying to save $4.40 on a pair of MacBooks for the port.

Twisted Toon

• New Efforts # 13,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2013, 08:23:13 PM »
It amuses me to recognize how much of a cheapskate I am. Spent today trying to save $4.40 on a pair of MacBooks for the port.
For some reason, that made me laugh. Don't worry though, I was laughing with you, and not at you.  :)

So, you have some MacBooks, do you need to get MacBook-ends to go with them?  :P
Hope never abandons you, you abandon it. - George Weinberg

Hope ... is not a feeling; it is something you do. - Katherine Paterson

Nobody really cares if you're miserable, so you might as well be happy. - Cynthia Nelms

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2013, 09:04:20 PM »

LOL
Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

microc

• Boss
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2013, 09:46:30 PM »
what about those joes that were paying 1000 for game 7 standing room only for red sox world series game???

downix

• Elite Boss
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2013, 10:11:21 PM »
LOL

Er... how did you get that picture off of my flickr feed? I thought I closed that one down.

Nyx Nought Nothing

• New Efforts # 11,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • Ha!
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2013, 01:54:36 AM »
And they've promised working forums for us as well! The forums over on the new site have been very active, but the software itself has been repeatedly failing in all sorts of entertaining and bizarre ways. Although threads being corrupted by "love" in the thread title is one of the better bugs. So far it's amazingly free of unicorns as well. The frameworks laid out for the CoT setting, visual design, and game systems sound very promising as well.

Oddly enough CoT and a more traditional RPG i backed on Kickstarter at the same time both concluded successfully on the same day. Serendipity that.
So far so good. Onward and upward!

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2013, 03:27:59 AM »
And they've promised working forums for us as well! The forums over on the new site have been very active, but the software itself has been repeatedly failing in all sorts of entertaining and bizarre ways. Although threads being corrupted by "love" in the thread title is one of the better bugs. So far it's amazingly free of unicorns as well. The frameworks laid out for the CoT setting, visual design, and game systems sound very promising as well.

Oddly enough CoT and a more traditional RPG i backed on Kickstarter at the same time both concluded successfully on the same day. Serendipity that.
Yeah I think they are working it out.

Although it's not surprising it's free of unicorn as even within the community and or most people that know about that forum, all had about the same goal in mind since the beginning. What mostly caused "you're a unicorn" "no, you're the unicorn." divide was mostly simply neither side wanted to hear or see or understand the other side point of view and instead devolved into "I think this way anyone that dont is a unicorn." stuff.  But then again, those were emotional times for some and many of those could not fathom why someone wouldn't be as emotional as they were and thus those that wasn't, unicorn. While those that wasn't attached couldn't fathom why some are so attached and thus those that are, unicorns. Now that the emotions have died down and things are a bit more clearer, it simple naturally balanced out where more people realized, the goal is simply the same and there is more than one view to reach that goal. Get the successor going which right now seem to the be the focus.

Now when the game get up and running, I hope both sides let by gones be by gones and stop pulling out the unicorn card every time someone have a different view like in the old forum. Because not everyone gets a second chance that may turn out better than the first. We will need everyone regardless if they hate ncsoft, don't hate ncsoft, play Wildstar or don't play wildstar or think COX was crap or think COX was perfect to make this game succeed in the long run or else it will simply end up some side project that is another thumb tack of not only that self made games tend to fail, but also used as there is no major market for super hero MMO yet. This project with the other two H&V and Valiance is a shot to really prove that someone besides major game companies can make a successful game and that cant happen if it merely make pennies because one side think one way and think everyone is a unicorn if they disagree and try to run them off. 680,000 and 5,000 people for fund raising, that is nothing to sneeze at. Great work. But it will take more than 5,000 people to show the industry we dont need big corporate ran games. But if it hovers in the 5,000 player range or some relative low number that may be higher or lower than 5,000 due to people busy trying to unicorn the unicorns and play rooster with the game, then it wont be success and instead will help big corporation as another stat that shows that "See indie games cant even keep the community long enough to sustain a decent sized population. That is why the industry need us. We bring in the players which brings in the money. "

But when the game is made, the devs did their part. After that it's up to use to let that petty unicorn stuff go and make it happen. Let people have their opinion as much as we like to have ours even if they love NCSOFT or they hated COX guts, or think Wildstar did a system better or prefer GW2 PvP. Let them have it, as much as people hated people, not too long ago, telling them to get over it. Remember that feeling when people was told that, and do not do it to others and lets make this game work beyond  another indie project barely breaking 100,000 a year.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 05:29:58 AM by JaguarX »

Peregrine Falcon

• Lieutenant
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2013, 05:43:34 PM »
I'd like to add my congratulations as well to the folks behind the Phoenix Project and Missing Worlds Media.

Now get to work! The Fifth Column must rise again! :)
Paragon City refugee - "We're heroes, it's what we do."

downix

• Elite Boss
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2013, 08:13:35 PM »
I'd like to add my congratulations as well to the folks behind the Phoenix Project and Missing Worlds Media.

hehehe. You realize I included two pictures of our "Fifth Column" replacement as easter eggs in the updates, to see if anyone would spot and realize what they were looking at.

beveri8469

• Boss
  • still inside atlas park hospital waiting to leave
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2013, 01:39:23 AM »
next year in paragon
@Eternal Twilight
Now in Paragon

LadyVamp

• Elite Boss
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2013, 04:49:10 AM »

Three things:

• Right on, Kitty Person (Sorry JaguarX.  I'm a mouse.  got to pick on the cat from time to time)
  • Big grats to Phoenix and Missing Worlds Media.  A foothold on the MMO territory is good.  Now make it bigger.
  • And, PF, a mouse will be there to put the Fifth Column back down.  A cease fire only means I'm reloading my weapons

LV
No Surrender!

Nightwatch

• Lieutenant
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2013, 11:24:58 AM »
Congratulations to the folks behind the Phoenix Project and Missing Worlds Media on an excellent Kickstarter.  No doubt you're all dreading the sheer amount of work in front of you but are reassured by over 5,000 donors!

This augurs well for City of Titans of course but the other folk at Heroes & Villains, SCOPE and elsewhere should also be encouraged.  The Kickstarter demonstrates there is support and a solid base for the projects people are working on.

God bless you all!