Author Topic: Titan Icon now has a new installer for Mac: Island Rum for Icon!  (Read 167469 times)

Fulgin

• Minion
Re: Titan Icon now has a new installer for Mac: Island Rum for Icon!
« Reply #120 on: July 30, 2015, 08:54:05 PM »
Please look at my post #116, above.

Tardigrade

• Underling
« Reply #121 on: August 02, 2015, 11:01:03 PM »
Thanks to all who offered advice, but I'm still seeing the same problems. Those of you who have Paragon Chat working on a Mac, what apps do you have installed? Island Rum by itself will not create a usable application when run from scratch, as detailed below, so I'd like to know what success should look like.

I deleted the previous Resurgence that I'd downloaded, created a folder "City of Heroes" in /Applications, ran Island Rum, and pointed it at the folder I'd just created. IR first downloaded macclient.zip and extracted that, then began downloading files. It died once or twice, but relaunching it made it continue the download, until it finished. When done, the contents of the City of Heroes folder were:

__MACOSX/City of Heroes Resurgence.app, which was entirely blank
City of Heroes Resurgence.app, which contained all the usual application stuff, but not the downloaded data files
Titan Icon.app, which contained only Contents/Resources/transgaming/c_drive/coh/ with all the downloaded files

Attempting to launch either Paragon Chat or Icon from IR just made IR quit without launching anything else. I copied the application stuff from City of Heroes Resurgence to Titan Icon. I can now launch Icon successfully and get to the costume creator. The app that launches is Titan Icon, though it identifies itself as City of Heroes Resurgence in the application menu and in the list of running programs. I threw away the City of Heroes Resurgence app (without any data files), and I can still launch Icon.

I tried launching Paragon Chat. Little Snitch reported that it tried to connect to chat.cohtitan.com port 90. I allowed that, then got the same thing I'd seen before: the app is running (Titan Icon, calling itself City of Heroes Resurgence), but it has no open windows. Process Monitor shows that it's not entirely idle, using about 1.5% CPU. The menus respond (the "About" item works, though weirdly each time I select it the window is about 40 pixels shorter until it never appears at all), and I can quit the app, but that's all.

Island Rum's unzipping seems to have a problem. I started over and this time duplicated macclient.zip before IR deleted it. I unzipped it with The Unarchiver, and I got only the no-data City of Heroes Resurgence application, with no __MACOSX folder.

I noticed that Island Rum unzips the client, but then creates the Titan Icon.app folder where it puts all the downloaded data. Did a previous version use the City of Heroes Resurgence application name, and macclient.zip wasn't updated when it started using Titan Icon as the app name instead?

SouthernNerd

• Underling
« Reply #122 on: August 03, 2015, 03:52:10 AM »
I haven't seen that before, either.  Which web browser is requiring a secure website for downloading?

Safari, sorry about this being late, to get my attention faster just send me a message instead of forum reply.

KibaInuzuka

• Underling
« Reply #123 on: August 03, 2015, 09:32:35 PM »
I agree with the first three steps Tardigrade did. Same thing I did

davpa

• Underling
    • Entropy Legion VG in Virtue
« Reply #124 on: August 05, 2015, 11:10:03 PM »
I had Titan Icon for a while, but I had deleted Island Rum not realizing that it was a launcher and updater.  Now, that I want to get Paragon Chat for my Mac (I have a gaming PC that has Paragon Chat working fine) I downloaded IR again, in hopes to update the Mac Titan Icon into Chat mode.

Sadly, I get failed manifest download and nothing else seems to work with Island Rum.  I'm not sure what is going wrong.  Any pointers?
If life closes a door, open it back up.  That is how doors work.

Manga

• Elite Boss
« Reply #125 on: August 06, 2015, 01:00:22 PM »
The manifest moved:  Try putting "http://patch.savecoh.com/manifest.xml" in the Manifests in Island Rum.

davpa

• Underling
« Reply #126 on: August 06, 2015, 03:42:34 PM »
Now, I haven't tried yet, but if I have Titan Icon already will Island Rum just update it or will it try to install again?  Do I need to have Island Rum in the same folder as Titan Icon?

Again, I have not tried this yet so I'm just trying to be prepared for what might happen.

Manga

• Elite Boss
« Reply #127 on: August 07, 2015, 12:59:44 PM »
Now, I haven't tried yet, but if I have Titan Icon already will Island Rum just update it or will it try to install again?  Do I need to have Island Rum in the same folder as Titan Icon?

Again, I have not tried this yet so I'm just trying to be prepared for what might happen.

Island Rum will just add a few files to your Icon install.

davpa

• Underling
« Reply #128 on: August 07, 2015, 07:34:13 PM »
Island Rum will just add a few files to your Icon install.
Things loaded up and is running great.

Now, for a more technical question:  I have Paragon Chat set up on a PC where I have characters and channels set up.  Where in Island Rum or the Mac Titan Icon can I copy database files from the PC so I can keep them the same (aka I don't want to recreate all the characters again)?  On the PC version you find the database files in a folder called AppData, but I can't find that folder in the Package Contents of Titan Icon or Island Rum.  Any advice.

Manga

• Elite Boss
« Reply #129 on: August 09, 2015, 04:17:06 PM »
Now, for a more technical question:  I have Paragon Chat set up on a PC where I have characters and channels set up.  Where in Island Rum or the Mac Titan Icon can I copy database files from the PC so I can keep them the same (aka I don't want to recreate all the characters again)?  On the PC version you find the database files in a folder called AppData, but I can't find that folder in the Package Contents of Titan Icon or Island Rum.  Any advice.

Those go where your CoH files are.  On a Mac, it's inside the app package for CoH - but Island Rum now creates a shortcut so you can access them easier.  It's in /Applications/coh.

tfoight

• Underling
« Reply #130 on: August 09, 2015, 07:23:04 PM »
How do you launch the NPC editor in Icon? I've tried looking at the steps on the wiki, but it still launches the regular editor.

davpa

• Underling
« Reply #131 on: August 11, 2015, 04:34:03 PM »
ok, since i got my desktop mac to run Paragon Chat I thought it would be nice to have my MacBook Air run it.  I transferred Island Rum and Titan Icon app over to the laptop and then installed brew and was following the steps when I got this error message:

wine cmd.exe /c echo '%ProgramFiles%' returned empty string, error message "wine: '/Users/davpa' is not owned by you, refusing to create a configuration directory there"

Not sure why I got that.  I'm the owner and admin of this computer with no other profiles.  Any suggestion on how to fix this?  Island Rum launches but then nothing happens besides IR closing when I hit the blue play button.

Manga

• Elite Boss
« Reply #132 on: August 12, 2015, 03:03:47 AM »

Did you install Homebrew with a different user, or using sudo?  That would do it.

Tardigrade

• Underling
« Reply #133 on: August 20, 2015, 05:39:04 PM »
davpa, how were you able to get Paragon Chat to work on your Mac? I've still been unable to do that on multiple Macs.

davpa

• Underling
« Reply #134 on: August 22, 2015, 05:27:42 PM »
Did you install Homebrew with a different user, or using sudo?  That would do it.
I only have one user on my MacBook Air, so not sure how I can install it differently.  And since I don't know what sudo is, I don't think I used whatever sudo is.

davpa

• Underling
« Reply #135 on: August 22, 2015, 05:34:02 PM »
davpa, how were you able to get Paragon Chat to work on your Mac? I've still been unable to do that on multiple Macs.
For my desktop I just followed the directions when installing homebrew and everything worked fine.  The only thing I can think of is that I still had the original i24 beta client when I upgraded it to Icon and then upgrading it to Paragon Chat.  I don't see why that would make a difference, but so far that seems to be the only difference between me and many others.

Currently I'm trying to get Paragon Chat to work on my MacBook Air with no success, even though I copied my original client over and followed the same steps as I did on my desktop.  I have so many different extensions on my desktop, so there might be something there but I have no idea what.

HeatSpike1

• Boss
  • CoH Global: @HeatSpike1
« Reply #136 on: December 04, 2015, 04:20:24 AM »
Having issues getting into Icon & Paragon Chat on MAC. 

I downloaded a fresh copy of CoH issue 24 Beta and followed the provided instructions to manually alter it to Titan Icon. 

Results:

I then deleted everything after multiple attempts, and downloaded Island Rum.  I understand it should automatically provide a 'ready to play' Titan Icon v1.71 and Paragon Chat.  I see them both in my island rum program, but when I click either one island rum disappears and nothing happens. 

I would LOVE to get back into Icon and join everyone in Paragon Chat for the first time! Can someone please help me resolve this issue? all feedback greatly appreciated.

HeatSpike

Manga

• Elite Boss
« Reply #137 on: December 04, 2015, 05:17:45 PM »

What version of OSX are you using, and are you using a non-administrator account?

HeatSpike1

• Boss
  • CoH Global: @HeatSpike1
« Reply #138 on: December 04, 2015, 05:57:06 PM »
What version of OSX are you using, and are you using a non-administrator account?

Yosemite version 10.10.5

I believe I am the administrator, however ever since I updated to Yosemite some files have mysteriously disappeared or have been 'grayed out' so I can no longer find or access them.  My MAC was renamed to Mac Book Pro (2) after the update. Unless it somehow created a separate account for me I should still be the administrator.

Manga

• Elite Boss
« Reply #139 on: December 09, 2015, 01:44:26 PM »
Yosemite version 10.10.5

I believe I am the administrator, however ever since I updated to Yosemite some files have mysteriously disappeared or have been 'grayed out' so I can no longer find or access them.  My MAC was renamed to Mac Book Pro (2) after the update. Unless it somehow created a separate account for me I should still be the administrator.

That sounds like you might have to boot into recovery mode (Cmd-R just after the chime at reboot) and try re-installing the OS.  You may have had a bad install.  After that, you'll have to reinstall Homebrew and Wine as well.