Author Topic: New efforts!  (Read 7284620 times)

NegativeIQ

• Minion
Re: New efforts!
« Reply #10540 on: September 01, 2014, 03:48:12 AM »
Hey, I actually liked that song.

Honestly me too.

Teikiatsu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #10541 on: September 01, 2014, 03:55:20 AM »
Virtue Server - Main: Midnight Lightning Dark/Elec/Psi Defender

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfKUPgy_xH8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EitO6Wq_9A

MM3squints

• Elite Boss
« Reply #10542 on: September 01, 2014, 03:58:28 AM »

Best part is looking at your Avatar while looking at that pic. Looks like its trying to do the same moves

Lava-Lad

• Minion
« Reply #10543 on: September 01, 2014, 04:02:22 AM »

This is the first 3 day weekend I can recall wanting to be over quicker.

I thought I was the only one!  Glad I'm not crazy (or at least if I am, that I'm not alone)

Teikiatsu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #10544 on: September 01, 2014, 04:03:31 AM »
Best part is looking at your Avatar while looking at that pic. Looks like its trying to do the same moves

;D
Virtue Server - Main: Midnight Lightning Dark/Elec/Psi Defender

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfKUPgy_xH8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EitO6Wq_9A

Shifter

• Boss
« Reply #10545 on: September 01, 2014, 04:17:44 AM »
I'd suggest you run a MM with him.  The pets won't complain about the KB.  I ran a Ninja/Storm MM and it was glorious to solo with.

His pets will help chase down the scatter, and play a lot better than him. Awesome suggestion, thanks!

That knockback to knock down IO is great for storm.

Another great suggestion. You can only have one per toon (unique) and it only effects the slotted power, correct?

Agree. Gir is one of my favorite cartoon characters of all time btw, straight from episode 1.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sY278K4ljWs
Stone Tank
Freedom Server

Mageman

• Lieutenant
« Reply #10546 on: September 01, 2014, 04:17:57 AM »
Again, what I have said is taken way out into left field. At no time did I ever say that NCSoft should turn over the account user information. Here's the way I see it.

NCSoft turns over the account information specifically related to the CoX accounts (all your purchases, vet time, etc). Nothing else. No Credit Card info, No email addresses, no names. You log into NCSoft, verify yourself, you get a key-code to your account information. You create a new account with the new owners, give them your key-code, and it restores all your purchases to you. NCSoft doesn't violate any privacy information, just gives the new owners a list of what each account had, and a key-code to go with that information. You enter that information into your NEW account with the new owners, and you have your stuff restored to you. Simple. And a win-win for both NCSoft (who, by showing loyalty to the old players, the old players will once again trust NCSoft) and the new owners (who get instant get a lot more of the old players to come back).

On July 10th, on page 216, I posted: http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,9675.msg147945.html#msg147945

Thus, IMHO, it is in the best interest of both NCSoft and the new owners to have this in the deal.

Will I play again without my old account stuff? Yes. Will I pay the new owners as much without that old information? No. The game was shut down once, and will shut down again. I won't pay twice for what I feel I should already have unless it's absolutely necessary.

As far as the new owners are concerned, if the account information isn't there, they might get a temporary increase in revenue, but that will be short lived without the larger player-base they would have if all the veterans come back.

P.S. I can understand the loss of character information. The information that connects characters to accounts in Paragon Studios may be gone, but NCSoft still should have the account purchases. Account purchases like Boxed expansions (CoH DvD edition, CoV, Good Vs Evil edition, Going Rogue, etc.), Virtual expansions (Costume sets, power sets, character slots, etc...), veteran rewards, and anything else you paid money for, should ALL go to the new owners.
My Reality:
#1 I love my wife!
#2 I miss CoX!
#3 Refer to rule #1!
#4 I seem to have an itch!

Beltor

• Lieutenant
« Reply #10547 on: September 01, 2014, 04:24:27 AM »
I agree with Mageman.

pinballdave

• Elite Boss
  • I am the player formerly known as Psylenz
« Reply #10548 on: September 01, 2014, 04:38:29 AM »
So, technically, it's like 2PM on 9/1 in Korea now, isn't it?

*Ducks*

JanessaVR

• New Efforts # 12,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #10549 on: September 01, 2014, 04:46:23 AM »
@Mageman, @Beltor:

And, once again, you're missing the point.  Be grateful if we actually get the game back at all!  The new owners (if they pull this off at all) may not be able to get that from NCSoft, for whatever reasons.  This minor matter should not stop you from profusely thanking them for their efforts and subscribing immediately as soon as it's available in support of the game and their accomplishment.

MM3squints

• Elite Boss
« Reply #10550 on: September 01, 2014, 04:51:13 AM »
Again, what I have said is taken way out into left field. At no time did I ever say that NCSoft should turn over the account user information. Here's the way I see it.

NCSoft turns over the account information specifically related to the CoX accounts (all your purchases, vet time, etc). Nothing else. No Credit Card info, No email addresses, no names. You log into NCSoft, verify yourself, you get a key-code to your account information. You create a new account with the new owners, give them your key-code, and it restores all your purchases to you. NCSoft doesn't violate any privacy information, just gives the new owners a list of what each account had, and a key-code to go with that information. You enter that information into your NEW account with the new owners, and you have your stuff restored to you. Simple. And a win-win for both NCSoft (who, by showing loyalty to the old players, the old players will once again trust NCSoft) and the new owners (who get instant get a lot more of the old players to come back).

On July 10th, on page 216, I posted: http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,9675.msg147945.html#msg147945

Thus, IMHO, it is in the best interest of both NCSoft and the new owners to have this in the deal.

Will I play again without my old account stuff? Yes. Will I pay the new owners as much without that old information? No. The game was shut down once, and will shut down again. I won't pay twice for what I feel I should already have unless it's absolutely necessary.

As far as the new owners are concerned, if the account information isn't there, they might get a temporary increase in revenue, but that will be short lived without the larger player-base they would have if all the veterans come back.

P.S. I can understand the loss of character information. The information that connects characters to accounts in Paragon Studios may be gone, but NCSoft still should have the account purchases. Account purchases like Boxed expansions (CoH DvD edition, CoV, Good Vs Evil edition, Going Rogue, etc.), Virtual expansions (Costume sets, power sets, character slots, etc...), veteran rewards, and anything else you paid money for, should ALL go to the new owners.
Any sane business with a atleast some concept of business negotiations will piece meal the product when negotiating. You don't just give away all of the product in one package, you make sure to milk the crap out of your buyer and walk that fine before either party walk away from the negotiation.  The new devs who are buying the product need to weight how much of the basic function they can get away with in order to run the game successfully. What you are asking for is a premium. Sure it would be nice to have, but you don't need it to have the game function. So primary objective is to get the game IP, that's it. Once they have that deal settled, don't try to chip away for more and ruin everything. Again go back to the example I used the first time you brought this up. No I did not take your statement out of context, or left field, what I showed you is what might happen if the new devs tried to go beyond the scope of just getting the IP and all of its functional parts. If NC was nice enough to give them that info, koo, if not I do not hold any ill, in matter of fact I will be grateful <-- That word again Grateful   because I know how the game is played and they accomplished their mission of getting the game back. So again, it is not a win-win
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 04:57:15 AM by MM3squints »

MWRuger

• New Efforts # 1,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • The Devil is in the details! Quick! Get him out!
« Reply #10551 on: September 01, 2014, 05:01:04 AM »

He might not do any of those things, but he might sing and that's enough right there.

PS. Actually, i would say that it/he is mostly harmless.
AKA TheDevilYouKnow
Return of CoH - Oh My God! It looks like it can happen!

Mental Minister

• Underling
  • I love Beer, Bikes, and (.Y.)
« Reply #10552 on: September 01, 2014, 06:51:08 AM »
@Mageman, @Beltor:

And, once again, you're missing the point.  Be grateful if we actually get the game back at all!  The new owners (if they pull this off at all) may not be able to get that from NCSoft, for whatever reasons.  This minor matter should not stop you from profusely thanking them for their efforts and subscribing immediately as soon as it's available in support of the game and their accomplishment.

Yup... I am ready to throw money at whomever gets my ahh are game no wait are home back.
My arm hurts holding this torch. I shall endore

Ouul

• Minion
« Reply #10553 on: September 01, 2014, 07:24:11 AM »
You guys talking about Rick Astley make me feel all warm inside. (I had the forum handle Rick_Astley for a very long time on the CoH Forums.)

Reiraku

• Boss
« Reply #10554 on: September 01, 2014, 07:32:34 AM »
And the best avatar I had seen in the longest time.

MM3squints

• Elite Boss
« Reply #10555 on: September 01, 2014, 07:54:17 AM »
You guys talking about Rick Astley make me feel all warm inside. (I had the forum handle Rick_Astley for a very long time on the CoH Forums.)

Dammit I'm trying to find the picture of an epic troll Hoj did to the official fourms. Every sub form's newest topic had a word from Rick Roll and he also did it with the another troll fourm with the lyrics to Dead or Alive "You Spin Me" Can't find the picture though :(

BraveStar

• Lieutenant
« Reply #10556 on: September 01, 2014, 12:21:58 PM »
Daddy, are we there yet?

FloatingFatMan

• An Offal
  • Elite Boss
  • Kheldian's Forever!
« Reply #10557 on: September 01, 2014, 12:23:44 PM »
Daddy, are we there yet?

If you keep asking that, you can get out the car and walk!  /DadMode  :p

duane

• Elite Boss
« Reply #10558 on: September 01, 2014, 12:23:57 PM »
So, technically, it's like 2PM on 9/1 in Korea now, isn't it?

*Ducks*

Quack quack quack
Quack quack
           Quack

Changed avatar to duck before objects start to fly today...  Maybe a good day to see Guardians of Galaxy..,
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 12:56:01 PM by duane »

SemanticAntics

• Minion
  • Formerly "AllYourBase"
« Reply #10559 on: September 01, 2014, 12:40:47 PM »
Daddy, are we there yet?

Don't MAKE me turn this thread around!