Author Topic: New efforts!  (Read 7286096 times)

Sinistar

• Elite Boss
Re: New efforts!
« Reply #13280 on: November 22, 2014, 07:58:17 AM »
Well just spent time with ICON modifying some saved costumes and fixing some others.

No more builds left to create in MIDS at the moment and costumes are ready.

Now we just need the game :(
In fearful COH-less days
In Raging COH-less nights
With Strong Hearts Full, we shall UNITE!
When all seems lost in the effort to bring CoH back to life,
Look to Cyberspace, where HOPE burns bright!

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #13281 on: November 22, 2014, 08:07:10 AM »
No more global warming crap. Thanks. Will delete further replies along that line. Don't be stupid. :p
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Drauger9

• Elite Boss
    • My gaming blog
« Reply #13282 on: November 22, 2014, 09:55:12 AM »
Heh. Now I just have this fun idea for a storyline in COX where Requiem, Nemesis, and Recluse all join forces to bring Statesman back to life because they're so lost without having him as an archenemy.

Zombie Statesman! He could eat Lord Recluse's brain and Dr. Eon's brain to become a super intelligent zombie. :P

Remaugen

• Elite Boss
  • Android Clan of One
« Reply #13283 on: November 22, 2014, 11:56:20 AM »
I could see Recluse withdrawing from current events over Statesman's death for a while. But I sooo much wanted to see Tyrant take up the Statesman name, costume and mantle on his redemption path. A perfect story in fine comic book tradition for the CoH "Going Rogue" alignment change, perhaps even being accepted by the Freedom Phalanx one day.
We're almost there!  ;D

The RNG hates me.

Safehouse

• Elite Boss
  • Sometimes it's harder to let go than to hold on.
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #13284 on: November 22, 2014, 12:38:57 PM »
I could see Recluse withdrawing from current events over Statesman's death for a while. But I sooo much wanted to see Tyrant take up the Statesman name, costume and mantle on his redemption path. A perfect story in fine comic book tradition for the CoH "Going Rogue" alignment change, perhaps even being accepted by the Freedom Phalanx one day.

I really wanted to see that too. It felt to me like everything ended just before the story was going to be crazy good. Like walking out of a movie theater before the climax of the film.

I heard somewhere, I think it was on a post mortem with Positron (Positron no more :(), that Scirocco was on his way to a redemption arc as well. I remember hearing it SOMEWHERE because when I heard it I was like, "I KNEW IT."

Somehow, I always had the feeling that, if any villain had hope for salvation, it was Scirocco.
Name: Safehouse     Origin: Magic
Powers: Energy Blast/Electricity Manipulation/Flame Mastery/Teleportation
Security Level: 50+
Last Seen: Wandering the empty streets of the evacuated Paragon City.

Joshex

• [citation needed]
  • Elite Boss
    • my talk page
« Reply #13285 on: November 22, 2014, 12:49:57 PM »
I really wanted to see that too. It felt to me like everything ended just before the story was going to be crazy good. Like walking out of a movie theater before the climax of the film.

I heard somewhere, I think it was on a post mortem with Positron (Positron no more :(), that Scirocco was on his way to a redemption arc as well. I remember hearing it SOMEWHERE because when I heard it I was like, "I KNEW IT."

Somehow, I always had the feeling that, if any villain had hope for salvation, it was Scirocco.

Scirocco had a redemption arch, he became a hero before the end though he still held up his post with recluse. he was my patron so I kinda kept tabs on him. good old scissors.
There is always another way. But it might not work exactly like you may desire.

A wise old rabbit once told me "Never give-up!, Trust your instincts!" granted the advice at the time led me on a tripped-out voyage out of an asteroid belt, but hey it was more impressive than a bunch of rocks and space monkies.

Blondeshell

• Elite Boss
« Reply #13286 on: November 22, 2014, 01:11:17 PM »
Scirocco had a redemption arch, he became a hero before the end though he still held up his post with recluse. he was my patron so I kinda kept tabs on him. good old scissors.

Scenes from Issue 25

http://youtu.be/N9dVlNA1SMM

Joshex

• [citation needed]
  • Elite Boss
    • my talk page
« Reply #13287 on: November 22, 2014, 03:42:23 PM »
Scenes from Issue 25

http://youtu.be/N9dVlNA1SMM

Yeah, that was after he turned hero, he actually went hero in the New DA archs, he also had special responses if he was your former patron and you turned hero. Quite genius of the devs.

even in recluse's keep he had a special talk for vigilantes who were formerly his pupils, "we shouldn't be seen talking here" or something like that.
There is always another way. But it might not work exactly like you may desire.

A wise old rabbit once told me "Never give-up!, Trust your instincts!" granted the advice at the time led me on a tripped-out voyage out of an asteroid belt, but hey it was more impressive than a bunch of rocks and space monkies.

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #13288 on: November 22, 2014, 03:53:57 PM »
(Positron no more :()

Y'know what?   If   When the IP gets bought, this should the first official act of the new company handling it. Give Matt Miller back the rights to the name Positron.

Power Gamer

• Elite Boss
  • Reaching troubled youth...one Hellion at a time!
« Reply #13289 on: November 22, 2014, 05:05:23 PM »
I'm guessing that parting out the franchise IP is not an option.
It takes a village to raise a child. And it takes a villain to explain the value of lunch money.

-Random CoHer: "Why does the sky turn green during Rikti invasions?"
-Me:"Rikti Monkey farts"
-Random CoHer: "I'm going to you for all my questions from now on!"

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #13290 on: November 22, 2014, 05:56:11 PM »

Well, Scirocco was only reluctantly a villain anyway. He wasn't a bad guy, it's just bad circumstances landed him in his role. None of the content involving him ever said any different.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Dev7on

• Elite Boss
« Reply #13291 on: November 22, 2014, 07:23:13 PM »

Actually Paragon Studios did said that in the future Issue updates Tyrant did redeemed himself and replace Statesman's position. I think they said it was not until Issue 27-ish. I remember them mentioning this on a web article. They also said they was going to develop 28 Issues in City of Heroes with a Moonbase everybody wanted and they'll stop making updates. 
« Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 07:50:00 PM by Dev7on »

ryuplaneswalker

• New Efforts # 17,000!
  • Boss
« Reply #13292 on: November 22, 2014, 08:45:53 PM »
Actually Paragon Studios did said that in the future Issue updates Tyrant did redeemed himself and replace Statesman's position. I think they said it was not until Issue 27-ish. I remember them mentioning this on a web article. They also said they was going to develop 28 Issues in City of Heroes with a Moonbase everybody wanted and they'll stop making updates.

Yes, he was going to become something of a Death Seeker, taking the mantle of a "revived statesman" and being quite reckless about fighting in terms of his personal health.

skoogmik

• Minion
« Reply #13293 on: November 22, 2014, 08:52:19 PM »
SHE does this

Spoiler for Hidden:

LOL.  Great video.  Is the theme to this is "Make Dance, Not Violence"?

FloatingFatMan

• An Offal
  • Elite Boss
  • Kheldian's Forever!
« Reply #13294 on: November 22, 2014, 11:22:18 PM »
Of course, it's Microsoft software, so naturally I've considered Voodoo chants and blood sacrifices as well...

What you need is an Apple dev, a Linux dev, and an Android dev.  Dangle them upside down above a shark tank, pour chicken blood over them, and lower them slowly into the water.

That should appease the SQL Server gods and allow your code to run error free. :)

Fanta

• New Efforts # 2,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #13295 on: November 23, 2014, 04:55:32 AM »
What you need is an Apple dev, a Linux dev, and an Android dev.  Dangle them upside down above a shark tank, pour chicken blood over them, and lower them slowly into the water.

That should appease the SQL Server gods and allow your code to run error free. :)

I love the voodoo!
I am an ass, but don't we all love a good ass!

Taceus Jiwede

• Time Traveler
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #13296 on: November 23, 2014, 05:50:39 AM »

Which would also answer the age old question of "What would happen if you dipped 3 developers into a shark tank covered in chicken blood."

Why are you all looking at me like that?

Lots of people ask that question!

Remaugen

• Elite Boss
  • Android Clan of One
« Reply #13297 on: November 23, 2014, 05:57:35 PM »
Which would also answer the age old question of "What would happen if you dipped 3 developers into a shark tank covered in chicken blood."

Why are you all looking at me like that?

Lots of people ask that question!

I'm pretty sure I have heard that asked before. . . ;D
We're almost there!  ;D

The RNG hates me.

blacksly

• Elite Boss
« Reply #13298 on: November 23, 2014, 09:45:23 PM »

Does the rate of descent depend upon the species of shark in the tank?

chuckv3

• Elite Boss
« Reply #13299 on: November 23, 2014, 10:31:06 PM »
All this talk of sacrificing software developers to appease Microsoft, all just as we're nearing page 666?

COINCIDENCE ??!!???

I think NOT.

« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 10:40:16 PM by chuckv3 »