Author Topic: New efforts!  (Read 7288548 times)

DoctorDaemien

• Underling
Re: New efforts!
« Reply #18860 on: August 01, 2015, 10:32:26 PM »
Hi All,
  During my years of playing COH, I've loved playing by tanks, scrappers, controllers and stalkers.  Due to my ignorance, I've never played Defenders much.  Now, after reading COH blogs, I've gained a new widened understanding of COH mechanics. When and if COH starts up again, my next creation will be a Dark/Rad Defender.

I was wondering if you guys have planned out any new and interesting arch-type combinations for the hopeful re-birth of our favorite game.

I would definitely have to make an empathy and water blast defender. Miss the defender archetype. It was the most heroic feeling in my opinion, along with controllers and tankers!
Level 50 emp/water defender LFT!

ryuplaneswalker

• New Efforts # 17,000!
  • Boss
« Reply #18861 on: August 02, 2015, 02:06:01 AM »
I had an Ice/Water defender.

THE SEAGULL!

ACK ACK!

pinballdave

• Elite Boss
  • I am the player formerly known as Psylenz
« Reply #18862 on: August 02, 2015, 02:52:11 AM »

THE SEAGULL!

ACK ACK!

Ice is a controller primary. Water blast is a defender secondary. Do you mean Storm/water? Those are HAWT

MM3squints

• Elite Boss
« Reply #18863 on: August 02, 2015, 03:20:01 AM »
Ice is a controller primary. Water blast is a defender secondary. Do you mean Storm/water? Those are HAWT

Cold Domination. Cold/Water is Hawter than Storm/Water

Lurch

• Underling
« Reply #18864 on: August 02, 2015, 11:45:47 AM »
I just heard that you guys might be bringing back CoH/V. If you do, be assured that there are 17 in my small circle of friends that are more than ready to jump back into that game. It is, by far, the best game that I ever played.

Architect Edition killed that game. A lot of good people/players left as a result of it. I hope that you won't make the same mistake.
BGC: Before Game Cancellation
50 Bot/Poison MM, 50 Dark/Kin Corr, 50 Mind/Ice Dom, 50 Mind/Psy Dom, 50 Ice/Cold Corr, 50 Spines/Nin Stalker, 50 EM/NRG Brute, 50 NRG/Fire Blaster, 50 Ice/SS Tanker

Tyger42

• Boss
« Reply #18865 on: August 02, 2015, 12:35:57 PM »
I hate long stretches of no updates on the main post. On the other hand, it's still "no news isn't terrible news", right?

Cailyn Alaynn

• Elite Boss
  • Never give in.
« Reply #18866 on: August 02, 2015, 03:37:17 PM »
I hate long stretches of no updates on the main post. On the other hand, it's still "no news isn't terrible news", right?

Indeed.
"Let's get dangerous..."
Lead Developer and Master of Mischief - Revival Project.
Revival website: APR.Pc-Logix.com

Abraxus

• Elite Boss
  • Brax on Discord. Play on Homecoming/Torchbearer
« Reply #18867 on: August 02, 2015, 04:30:08 PM »

THE SEAGULL!

ACK ACK!

His battle cry could be "Mine! Mine! Mine!".  :P ;D
What was no more, is now reborn!

Sharde

• Underling
« Reply #18868 on: August 02, 2015, 09:54:55 PM »
I just wanna get on and Knockout Blow somebody to the face...

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #18869 on: August 02, 2015, 11:29:38 PM »
Wait! Reading about the "ack ack" vs. "mine mine" seagull battle cry made me think: could we make a Martian from Mars Attacks!? Is that a thing we can do with the costume creator?? Ohmygoodness I am going to try it out right now!
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

ryuplaneswalker

• New Efforts # 17,000!
  • Boss
« Reply #18870 on: August 03, 2015, 03:47:38 AM »

Yeah sorry meant Cold Dominion, I was thinking of the Ice Shields.

Twisted Toon

• New Efforts # 13,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #18871 on: August 03, 2015, 06:23:32 AM »
His battle cry could be "Mine! Mine! Mine!".  :P ;D
To be truely Finding Nemo seagull-ish, "Mine!" would have to be keybound to every power the character had available...and probably some that weren't for good measure.
Hope never abandons you, you abandon it. - George Weinberg

Hope ... is not a feeling; it is something you do. - Katherine Paterson

Nobody really cares if you're miserable, so you might as well be happy. - Cynthia Nelms

skoogmik

• Minion
« Reply #18872 on: August 03, 2015, 05:08:08 PM »
Have any of you guys/gals tried out Issue 24 beta when it was open to VIP members?  If so, how was the Martial Combat secondary set for blasters or the Martial Assault for dominators?

Also did you like the changes from Issue 23 to Issue 24?

Showbiz

• Underling
« Reply #18873 on: August 03, 2015, 05:46:25 PM »
Architect Edition killed that game. A lot of good people/players left as a result of it. I hope that you won't make the same mistake.

...what.

Remaugen

• Elite Boss
  • Android Clan of One
« Reply #18874 on: August 03, 2015, 06:00:52 PM »
I just heard that you guys might be bringing back CoH/V. If you do, be assured that there are 17 in my small circle of friends that are more than ready to jump back into that game. It is, by far, the best game that I ever played.

You have confused me, how did Architect Edition kill the game?
We're almost there!  ;D

The RNG hates me.

MM3squints

• Elite Boss
« Reply #18875 on: August 03, 2015, 06:27:57 PM »

You have confused me, how did Architect Edition kill the game?

He could be referencing to AE Farms. In the grand scheme of things, it had new players going from 1-50 w/o leaving AP so for some people, people have 50 "that don't know how to play that toon right or not playing the game right." Me personally, the game is so flexible, the experience lvl 50 can get carried at the lvl 50 content (except people who go FF or Storm where they will just keep force bubble or hurricane on and run into stuff.) I always say let people play how they want to play and not worry about them, unless they are really disrupting the team like the example above.

ivanhedgehog

• New Efforts # 25,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #18876 on: August 03, 2015, 06:53:10 PM »
He could be referencing to AE Farms. In the grand scheme of things, it had new players going from 1-50 w/o leaving AP so for some people, people have 50 "that don't know how to play that toon right or not playing the game right." Me personally, the game is so flexible, the experience lvl 50 can get carried at the lvl 50 content (except people who go FF or Storm where they will just keep force bubble or hurricane on and run into stuff.) I always say let people play how they want to play and not worry about them, unless they are really disrupting the team like the example above.
I knew people that ground out every level from 1 to 50, starting around I5, and couldnt play their class to save their life. on the other hand, they had a great time playing and didnt hurt anyone else, so it isnt any where near as big a deal as people would like to tell you.

Shibboleth

• Boss
« Reply #18877 on: August 03, 2015, 07:06:11 PM »
Forgot to mention for character types I would recreate quickly if/when CoH returns....

I had been in a couple of random groups with people who had annoying powers who did nothing to keep the powers from being annoying (say knocking back enemies from melee). Having had enough of that and wanting the ability to be annoying in return I made a Gravity Control/Energy Assault Dominator, figuring between the knockback in both sets, Wormhole, and Dimension Shift that nobody could top me for annoyance.

As it turned out, it was a really useful character. On top of being able to knock enemies away from friendlies, I could use Gravity Control to root foes and freely blast away without knocking them around. What started as a joke/revenge character turned out to be a lot of fun to play.

Optimus Dex

• Boss
« Reply #18878 on: August 03, 2015, 07:28:30 PM »
Have any of you guys/gals tried out Issue 24 beta when it was open to VIP members?  If so, how was the Martial Combat secondary set for blasters or the Martial Assault for dominators?

I tried the I 24 Beta- I thought all of it was good. martial combat secondary was good. Mostly I messed with the magic power pool. I really enjoyed the Skulls changes.

Shibboleth

• Boss
« Reply #18879 on: August 03, 2015, 07:30:46 PM »

I tried out martial arts and my impression was that it was solid and enjoyable but probably middle of the pack in term 9 power.