Author Topic: New efforts!  (Read 7212867 times)

Rejolt

• Elite Boss
  • Infinity Server 2005-2012
Re: New efforts!
« Reply #19680 on: October 01, 2015, 08:34:23 PM »
I'm talking to the person now in private messages and I'm kind of worried it's a scam. I hope he proves me wrong and I also don't want his group to interfere and with what the hell Mary group is doing.

This is his last reply to me:

For the moment being our Group has a way that might help us bring CoH back unfortunately i cant give more information than that.. But we can always use more help if you are interested as a loyal member of CoH
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 08:54:31 PM by Rejolt »
Rejolt Industries LLC is now a thing. Woo!

Zombie Hustler

• Elite Boss
« Reply #19681 on: October 01, 2015, 08:36:17 PM »
I had a sudden urge to do the Freaklympics arc this evening.   :D

I know it was a story arc, but now that I think of it, Freaklympics would have made a great summer event!

Zombie Hustler

• Elite Boss
« Reply #19682 on: October 01, 2015, 08:38:36 PM »
I'm talking to the person now in private message her on Facebook and I'm kind of worried it's a scam. I hope he proves me wrong and I also don't want to interfere and what the hell Mary group.

Isn't there some kind of maxim about responding to strangers on the internet making monetary requests/inquiries?  :P

Rejolt

• Elite Boss
« Reply #19683 on: October 01, 2015, 08:51:55 PM »
Yeah, CoH page removes those asking directly for money. He's saying this is a survey. Him asking me to help was a private message.

This was his first two messages to me:

1. No not with that group (Hail Mary), with more of a Private group. And why do you say that if you don't mind me asking...

2. Brotha all that our group is trying to do is get some surveys from CoH members to see how people react of the Game came back but it became a monthly charged game again, and believe it or not but we did some field surveys and A LOT of people said NO to paying a monthly

MM3squints

• Elite Boss
« Reply #19684 on: October 01, 2015, 09:09:50 PM »
Isn't there some kind of maxim about responding to strangers on the internet making monetary requests/inquiries?  :P

Are you saying that guy from Nigeria was not really a Prince? Seriously though I would not trust to give any credit or banking information to that organization. They are going to try to profit off a product that is under IP, and if they are willing to do that, how secure do you think your info will be in their hands.

duane

• Elite Boss
« Reply #19685 on: October 01, 2015, 09:40:24 PM »
Yeah, CoH page removes those asking directly for money. He's saying this is a survey. Him asking me to help was a private message.

1. No not with that group (Hail Mary), with more of a Private group. And why do you say that if you don't mind me asking...

2. Brotha all that our group is trying to do is get some surveys from CoH members to see how people react of the Game came back but it became a monthly charged game again, and believe it or not but we did some field surveys and A LOT of people said NO to paying a monthly

I think it's harmless informal, non-scientific data collection for whatever purpose whether educational or b.s. in the sky.  Until someone misrepresents their efforts, asks for money or simply degrades into dick-trollery then its harmless. 

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #19686 on: October 01, 2015, 09:46:33 PM »

Sounds like they're trying to drum up some 'hard evidence' for the next round of troll accounts. Though I guess the next round would be a sequel so we'd have to call them goblin accounts.

Rejolt

• Elite Boss
« Reply #19687 on: October 01, 2015, 10:34:34 PM »
The CoH survivors post on would you pay $14.99 to get the game pack to a "reorganized" poll after the moderator talked directly to the poster.

Take that back: the original post still exists. /shrug

Zombie Hustler

• Elite Boss
« Reply #19688 on: October 01, 2015, 11:37:29 PM »
Sounds like they're trying to drum up some 'hard evidence' for the next round of troll accounts.

That's very much what it sounds like to me.

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #19689 on: October 02, 2015, 03:32:22 AM »
I'm talking to the person now in private messages and I'm kind of worried it's a scam. I hope he proves me wrong and I also don't want his group to interfere and with what the hell Mary group is doing.

This is his last reply to me:

For the moment being our Group has a way that might help us bring CoH back unfortunately i cant give more information than that.. But we can always use more help if you are interested as a loyal member of CoH

Ah yes, the loyalty card. A truly loyal member of CoH ("member?") would be willing to pay anyone any amount to get the game back. Including paying me! Please click the donate button at the bottom of the page.
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

skoogmik

• Minion
« Reply #19690 on: October 03, 2015, 01:28:36 AM »
A question:

When hero becomes a vigilante and then a villain, at what point does the former heroes/heroines lose their connection to their heroic SG?

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #19691 on: October 03, 2015, 02:28:23 AM »
You lose ability to enter the base when you get fully to other side. You'll stay in the sg but won't be able to access the base again until you go all the way back to the original side. So if i'm a hero I can use the base as a vigilante but not once i become a villain or as a rogue on the way back.

HEATSTROKE

• Lovin' bein' an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #19692 on: October 03, 2015, 03:11:11 AM »
 True.. All my villains were Rogues (technically they were deep undercover heroes) So they had access to villain bases...

RGladden

• Boss
« Reply #19693 on: October 03, 2015, 07:29:00 PM »
Hey...uhm....Nate....I got a birthday coming up next week and...well...uhm...any chance of the deal being done by then?  I mean...it would REALLY mean a lot if it were.....Please please, OH please....

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #19694 on: October 03, 2015, 08:33:50 PM »
I got a birthday coming up next week and... OH please....

That's a one-way ticket to Ohio, coming right up!
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

skoogmik

• Minion
« Reply #19695 on: October 04, 2015, 12:04:11 AM »
You lose ability to enter the base when you get fully to other side. You'll stay in the sg but won't be able to access the base again until you go all the way back to the original side. So if i'm a hero I can use the base as a vigilante but not once i become a villain or as a rogue on the way back.

Thank you very much.

Burnt Toast

• Elite Boss
  • Tastes Good!
« Reply #19696 on: October 04, 2015, 05:11:50 AM »

His grammar alone makes me suspect of any "truth" he claims.

I for one would pay $30 a month for CoH 23.5

Graydar

• Lieutenant
« Reply #19697 on: October 04, 2015, 06:22:39 AM »
I would probably pay $15 a month, sure, but not consecutively for say, a year, probably. I would also be worried about the health of the game with a monetary system like that in this kind of saturated market. At the least I would suspect that it would be in maintenance mode - but a game with no players isn't fun. :(

EDIT:

Whilst I'm here, is there any cool CoH music you guys can point out to me? There was the old CoH theme, but, is there anything else?

LateNights

• Elite Boss
« Reply #19698 on: October 04, 2015, 03:36:27 PM »
« Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 03:45:36 PM by LateNight »

Nyx Nought Nothing

• New Efforts # 11,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • Ha!
« Reply #19699 on: October 04, 2015, 03:37:51 PM »
His grammar alone makes me suspect of any "truth" he claims.

I for one would pay $30 a month for CoH 23.5
Not sure about $30/month for CoH, but i willingly paid ~$15/month from May 2004 to shutdown and would continue if given the chance. i wouldn't even balk at $20/month for an APR sub. Actually for the last year or so  i was probably spending at least $20/month on CoH and there was a period of about a year where i had two subs before they added more character slots, so $30/month really isn't that hard to imagine.
So far so good. Onward and upward!