Author Topic: New efforts!  (Read 7284740 times)

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
Re: New efforts!
« Reply #20580 on: November 24, 2015, 08:57:34 PM »
And then they want my respect?

I don't think its likely they want anything at all from you.  I don't think they are even aware of your existence (nor mine for that matter).

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #20581 on: November 24, 2015, 09:02:37 PM »
Now to the notion that a particular person is selfish, or in this case, spiteful. It was said that the deal was within a signature of going through on the first attempt but, there was a personality conflict or something to that effect which killed the deal. What would you call it?

Without actually being in the room or knowing the specifics, I couldn't call it anything with certainty.  "Personality conflicts" can be all kinds of things.  Deals generally require some level of trust and some level of good will, and if that doesn't exist deals can fall apart.  It could be spite, it could be selfishness, but it could also be lots of other things.

Biz

• Boss
« Reply #20582 on: November 24, 2015, 09:04:24 PM »
I haven't played an NCSoft game just because I don't care for the games. I honestly don't care if they get my money, I just don't like the product.

If you are doing business with a multi-billion dollar company and wish to run or take over a game with their name on it - being respectful during the process might just be a good idea, just saying.

For sure Ironwolf. Being disrespectful rarely helps anyone get anything they want.

Ankhammon

• Elite Boss
« Reply #20583 on: November 24, 2015, 09:39:12 PM »
For sure Ironwolf. Being disrespectful rarely helps anyone get anything they want.

But this is the Internets and being disrespectful is SOP.
Cogito, Ergo... eh?

Abraxus

• Elite Boss
  • Brax on Discord. Play on Homecoming/Torchbearer
« Reply #20584 on: November 24, 2015, 09:57:36 PM »
But this is the Internets and being disrespectful is SOP.

That is very true.  Regrettable, but true.  Folks have become far too comfortable saying things in boards, on Facebook, in talkbacks, Twitter...what have you; that they would seldom have the fortitude to say in person.  There are exceptions of course, but there are entirely too many folks going off the deep end, on a variety of topics.  Some because they honestly believe what they say, and others who do so just to fan the flames.

When it comes to the NCSoft negotiations, I am sure there are many things that they would love to say in candor, but don't because doing so would have disastrous repercussions, and would be contrary to their goal (and ours too).  So, I applaud them for their patience, and their maturity in a situation that likely showed them new depths for both.  I wish it were not necessary to have to stretch their frontiers that way, but that is the situation as it presents itself, so they are doing what they must to bring this long process to a successful conclusion.  Since they are doing it as much for us as for themselves, regardless of the final outcome, they have my respect, and gratitude.
What was no more, is now reborn!

Sinistar

• Elite Boss
« Reply #20585 on: November 24, 2015, 10:08:18 PM »
Perhaps between negotiation sessions they go into the Angry Dome?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiCZP09F6FQ
In fearful COH-less days
In Raging COH-less nights
With Strong Hearts Full, we shall UNITE!
When all seems lost in the effort to bring CoH back to life,
Look to Cyberspace, where HOPE burns bright!

darkgob

• Elite Boss
« Reply #20586 on: November 24, 2015, 10:55:33 PM »
Is it really that time of the month the doom and gloom? Dang and no one told me :(

more like that time of the hour

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #20587 on: November 24, 2015, 11:36:05 PM »
It is kind of cyclic.  I just have not figured out the intervals yet.   ;) ;D 8)

Should be pretty easy to predict it after 1000+ pages. though by 'pretty easy' i really mean 'pretty easy assuming you want to skim through 1000+ pages counting the distances between d00m posts and plotting out the curve.' If Abraxus isn't already hard at work on this then I gladly volunteer Not Me for the task.

Abraxus

• Elite Boss
  • Brax on Discord. Play on Homecoming/Torchbearer
« Reply #20588 on: November 25, 2015, 01:18:38 AM »
Should be pretty easy to predict it after 1000+ pages. though by 'pretty easy' i really mean 'pretty easy assuming you want to skim through 1000+ pages counting the distances between d00m posts and plotting out the curve.' If Abraxus isn't already hard at work on this then I gladly volunteer Not Me for the task.

I began thinking about doing just that.  Then I realized that I did not care all that much. Final thought:  Have faith, hold on, and at the end...I will see you in Atlas Park!
What was no more, is now reborn!

Joshex

• [citation needed]
  • Elite Boss
    • my talk page
« Reply #20589 on: November 25, 2015, 12:02:08 PM »
Well back out of china, finally can get on here, shame virgin media is doing nazi censoring here in the UK, https? nope not supported.

oh well, anything interesting about the deal get released yet or hinted at?
There is always another way. But it might not work exactly like you may desire.

A wise old rabbit once told me "Never give-up!, Trust your instincts!" granted the advice at the time led me on a tripped-out voyage out of an asteroid belt, but hey it was more impressive than a bunch of rocks and space monkies.

Surelle

« Reply #20590 on: November 25, 2015, 12:59:47 PM »
Well back out of china, finally can get on here, shame virgin media is doing nazi censoring here in the UK, https? nope not supported.

oh well, anything interesting about the deal get released yet or hinted at?

Nothing at all; boy, that "wake me when something finally happens" thread with the email alert is closing in on a year old now!

Keldian

• Minion
« Reply #20591 on: November 25, 2015, 04:55:23 PM »
I wonder how helpful it would be to have a second locked sticky thread that does nothing more than give a monthly report. It could say nothing more than "still working on it. no news" every month.

I'm afraid that still wouldn't do much though.

Twisted Toon

• New Efforts # 13,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #20592 on: November 25, 2015, 05:24:19 PM »
I wonder how helpful it would be to have a second locked sticky thread that does nothing more than give a monthly report. It could say nothing more than "still working on it. no news" every month.

I'm afraid that still wouldn't do much though.

Of course not. People need to feel the joy of asking, "Are we there yet?" every week, or day...or even hour.

So, are we there yet?  :P
Hope never abandons you, you abandon it. - George Weinberg

Hope ... is not a feeling; it is something you do. - Katherine Paterson

Nobody really cares if you're miserable, so you might as well be happy. - Cynthia Nelms

Biz

• Boss
« Reply #20593 on: November 25, 2015, 05:49:45 PM »
In other news, Spiderman has not been spotted in the first Civil War trailer.

hurple

• Elite Boss
« Reply #20594 on: November 25, 2015, 08:47:23 PM »
Of course not. People need to feel the joy of asking, "Are we there yet?" every week, or day...or even hour.

So, are we there yet?  :P

Don't make me stop this thread.  I can turn it around and head right back to the start, we are not too far away yet.

Sinistar

• Elite Boss
« Reply #20595 on: November 25, 2015, 10:04:00 PM »
In other news, Spiderman has not been spotted in the first Civil War trailer.

He must've made another deal with the devil
In fearful COH-less days
In Raging COH-less nights
With Strong Hearts Full, we shall UNITE!
When all seems lost in the effort to bring CoH back to life,
Look to Cyberspace, where HOPE burns bright!

Taceus Jiwede

• Time Traveler
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #20596 on: November 25, 2015, 10:44:11 PM »
Meh.  I agree that the people doing the negotiating should be respectful.

But as for me, NCSoft shut down my all-time favorite video game in the history of video games.  They could have just called I24 their final update and put it into maintenance mode, because it was still making them money and I24 was a huge thing that everyone was looking forward to, but instead they decided to cancel the update, shut the game down (apparently just to spite someone on the development team) and refuse to sell it to the studio that wanted it (for the same reason) or to anyone else at the time.

And then they want my respect?  No.  No, sir.

I am still angry at them.  I haven't found a game that has even 1% of all the things I loved about CoH (even when I think I've found a replacement, I get bored with it after a month or two), and certainly nothing NCSoft has available is going to scratch that itch.

So I'll respect them after they sell it.  Once I'm back on the streets of Paragon City, I'll say "Okay, NCSoft, you did good."  I'll forgive.  I won't forget.

Until then, they're just the jerks took my favorite game away because of a childish tantrum against someone at Paragon Studios.

I don't think the game was shut down out of spite.  The deal for paragon studios feel through because of some personal problem.  They aren't going to shutdown a whole game because they are upset at somebody.  However, it doesn't mean they will fight for them when the time comes though.  Which can make a big difference.

ivanhedgehog

• New Efforts # 25,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #20597 on: November 26, 2015, 01:11:27 AM »
I don't think the game was shut down out of spite.  The deal for paragon studios feel through because of some personal problem.  They aren't going to shutdown a whole game because they are upset at somebody.  However, it doesn't mean they will fight for them when the time comes though.  Which can make a big difference.

the only thing that counts is that I am not leveling my stone,inv, or fire tanks tonight...that is a bad thing

MM3squints

• Elite Boss
« Reply #20598 on: November 26, 2015, 02:03:37 AM »
the only thing that counts is that I am not leveling my stone,inv, or fire tanks tonight...that is a bad thing

I could be farming for prestige to build bases :( Current situation

GenericHero05

• New Efforts # 7,000!
  • Boss
« Reply #20599 on: November 26, 2015, 02:09:52 AM »
Don't make me stop this thread.  I can turn it around and head right back to the start, we are not too far away yet.

Pull over somewhere... I gotta pee!
If I was a Jedi, there's a 100% chance that I'd use The Force inappropriately.