Author Topic: New efforts!  (Read 7289251 times)

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
Re: New efforts!
« Reply #7200 on: July 23, 2014, 07:59:27 AM »
So am I.  Man, I love the flight animation and banking... We had that once, too... In Issue 8 beta... it got pulled and then forgotten about. :(

Something else for the CoH2 wishlist!

They are getting league bases I heard, I'm left with the "yeah, this will be one of the games I still play even if CoX comes back, or City of titans" repeatedly with DCUO usually, it just has a few annoying things here and there.  I don't tend to team in it though, the mere fact it's a trinity turns me away from that in a heartbeat.

Edit: To clarify, as in playing on the side.  I'd play CoX/city of titans/valiance online alot more than DCUO easily.  It'd be a game I play once in a while.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Perplexite

• New Efforts # 6,000!
  • Minion
« Reply #7201 on: July 23, 2014, 08:35:36 AM »
Too much donuts in this thread lately, I counter with Swedish cinamon buns. They are probably the equivalent to donuts here  :D except we never eat them as breakfast. Only at coffee breaks.

...how can you compare cinnamon rolls with donuts?! XD (is also swedish) though they -are- good.
@.Q on Union Server

Taliseian

• Minion
« Reply #7202 on: July 23, 2014, 08:46:17 AM »
Curious...

What is the consensus for Superhero gaming until CoX is back?

I've read conflicting reports about CO (that's it's more pay-to-win, that there is no real depth) and about DCUO (much more action oriented, better graphics).

Which do you play and why?

T

Serpine

• Biting Commentarian
  • Boss
  • Telegram force and ready
« Reply #7203 on: July 23, 2014, 09:01:35 AM »
CO for the costume editor and regular costume contest community. These are almost my entire focus there. I frequently tell people (only slightly joking) that I consider that game to just be a costume contest engine with an action mini-game attached. I don't bother expecting the deeper play experience / setting CoH provided to be available there, so the weaknesses it has in that area don't phase me.
Guns don't kill people, meerkats do.

Thirty-Seven

• Elite Boss
  • Keeper of the Sacred Number
« Reply #7204 on: July 23, 2014, 09:06:51 AM »
There needs to be some obnoxiously hard to get, time consuming badge in CoH2 named "Are we there yet?"
You mean original Empath?

The Fifth Horseman

• Elite Boss
  • Outside known realities.
« Reply #7205 on: July 23, 2014, 09:14:21 AM »
Tried playing CO twice so far. The costume creator is extensive, but at the same time lacks a lot of the flexibility CoH had. The game itself... somehow the overall look and feel just violently repels me. Too flashy, too stylized.
We were heroes. We were villains. At the end of the world we all fought as one. It's what we did that defines us.
The end occurred pretty much as we predicted: all servers redlining until midnight... and then no servers to go around.

Somewhere beyond time and space, if you look hard you might find a flash of silver trailing crimson: a lone lost Spartan on his way home.

Everfreefire

• Boss
« Reply #7206 on: July 23, 2014, 09:15:57 AM »
You mean original Empath?

I was thinking maybe using the Walk ability and walk along every single street in the game.
/em raises a glass. "Next year in the Ski Chalet!"
"Scrappers might not exist any more, but scrapperlock is forever."   -Kaiser Tarantula

Shadowe

• Boss
  • Just don't tell Manticore...
« Reply #7207 on: July 23, 2014, 09:46:21 AM »
I once walked from the Kings Row train station to the Pocket D entrance, no jumping allowed. That's 15 minutes of my life I can't get back.
The wisdom of Shadowe: Ghostraptor: The Shadowe is wise ...; FFM: Shadowe is no longer wise. ; Techbot_Alpha: Also, what Shadowe said. It seems he is still somewhat wise ; Bull Throttle: Shadowe was unwise in this instance...; Rock_Powerfist: in this instance Shadowe is wise.; Techbot_Alpha: Shadowe is very wise *nods*; Zortel: *Quotable line about Shadowe being wise goes here.* FFM: I think you're mostly wise in this instance, apart from one part.

FloatingFatMan

• An Offal
  • Elite Boss
  • Kheldian's Forever!
« Reply #7208 on: July 23, 2014, 09:53:22 AM »
I once walked from the Kings Row train station to the Pocket D entrance, no jumping allowed. That's 15 minutes of my life I can't get back.

Pfft! I once set it to walk down one of the reeeeaaallly long roads in Skyway, whilst I cooked dinner.

Was still going half an hour later. ;)

Darkwave

• Underling
« Reply #7209 on: July 23, 2014, 10:03:03 AM »
Pfft! I once set it to walk down one of the reeeeaaallly long roads in Skyway, whilst I cooked dinner.

Was still going half an hour later. ;)

Haha! I'm getting flashbacks to setting auto run while hovering to get over the Hollows back in the old days!  :o

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #7210 on: July 23, 2014, 10:22:06 AM »
Curious...

What is the consensus for Superhero gaming until CoX is back?

I've read conflicting reports about CO (that's it's more pay-to-win, that there is no real depth) and about DCUO (much more action oriented, better graphics).

T

Up untill recently, CO, but the no real depth is my main gripe and what I say all the time about it.  Others call it more pay to win, but the mobs are intentionally made to be to easy.

So I'd been playing DCUO recently as, yeah, it's more action oriented, and can pull some things to keep you on your toes imo.  Still a trinity game, but not as problematic as CO had become and it gets new stuff regularly.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Minotaur

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7211 on: July 23, 2014, 10:22:28 AM »
Enough torturing us diabetics with donuts.

Perplexite

• New Efforts # 6,000!
  • Minion
« Reply #7212 on: July 23, 2014, 10:50:41 AM »
Enough torturing us diabetics with donuts.

How about fruit salad?

@.Q on Union Server

FloatingFatMan

• An Offal
  • Elite Boss
  • Kheldian's Forever!
« Reply #7213 on: July 23, 2014, 10:56:35 AM »
How about fruit salad?

There's probably more sugar in that than there is in the donuts! :p

Cailyn Alaynn

• Elite Boss
  • Never give in.
« Reply #7214 on: July 23, 2014, 11:24:38 AM »
I found CO to be more..."Pay to have Fun". The game isn't fun for with just the lame freebie ATs...
"Let's get dangerous..."
Lead Developer and Master of Mischief - Revival Project.
Revival website: APR.Pc-Logix.com

hejtmane

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7215 on: July 23, 2014, 11:47:45 AM »
Pointless argument is pointless.  Ironwolf has already said, many many times, that the focus is on getting i24 back online and in maintenance mode (which means NO new development), and then start work on CoH2.

So anyone arguing for new powersets might as well be peeing into the wind.  All that gets you is wet legs.

Or you buddy next to you wet ;D

AlienOne

• HumanZero
  • Elite Boss
  • Resident Kheldian
« Reply #7216 on: July 23, 2014, 11:47:53 AM »
Wow, your character names sure are... ummm... one-dimensional?

Well, there's a story reason for that, and it had to do with the fact that most (not all) of my heroes were results of experiments by a company named CorpsOne whose sole purpose was to replicate Hero One after he died at the hands of the Rikti. So, all the heroes I created that fit that little "universe" (sort of like a Marvel universe of heroes) had "One" at the end of the name, due to the fact that they were (failed) attempts at re-creating Hero One.

From my Peacebringer's bio:
"After the supposed 'death' of Hero One, a top secret biogenetics organization, known only to the most privileged heroes as "CorpsOne", was formed. Their goal was to re-create the original Hero One from his mapped DNA strand. After 3 years of planning & research & 2 years of lab work, their first experiment (aptly code-named "One") died 10 minutes after birth, deeming CorpsOne's first attempt at Hero One's recreation an absolute and total failure. The second attempt at Hero One's recreation returned very interesting results: this time, they tried combining the life-force from a willing Kheldian being with the same DNA strand as before. The resulting creation was both an awe-inspiring success and utter disappointment for CorpsOne. The creation remained alive, but because of the strength of the Kheldian being's life-force, this new creation maintained more Kheldian characteristics and powers than human. CorpsOne began experiments again..."

From my Warshade's bio:
"AlienOne is CorpsOne's third attempt at Hero One's recreation. CorpsOne, building on the partial success of their Kheldian experiments with LuminOne, once again tried their luck by combining the power of Nictus with the DNA of Hero One. The result was a more powerful creature than what LuminOne had become, yet also an even more terrifying example of a Kheldian's ability to completely--and in this particular case violently--consume another life form. These results were still not satisfying to CorpOne's end goal (to clone Hero One), so they continued their experimentations..."

I even had a series of AE missions that told the story of CorpsOne and how they decided to clone Hero One.

Trust me, after creating that whole comic book universe, it was a HUGE deal for me to actually meet the REAL "Hero One" at Comic-Con in 2009...

P.S.
It also wound up having an unintended (but useful) side effect... It didn't matter which character I happened to be playing on, people still knew it was me when I would join a PuG. :)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 12:00:30 PM by AlienOne »
"What COH did was to show [developers of other] MMOs what they could be like if they gave up on controlling everything in the game, and just made it something great to play."  - Johnny Joy Bringer

Perplexite

• New Efforts # 6,000!
  • Minion
« Reply #7217 on: July 23, 2014, 11:49:54 AM »
There's probably more sugar in that than there is in the donuts! :p

Fruit sugars is superior to donut sugars I am sure!
@.Q on Union Server

Goddangit

• Daisy Duke's
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #7218 on: July 23, 2014, 11:59:13 AM »
Fruit sugars is superior to donut sugars I am sure!

I can't eat too many things that are good for me all at once.  The shock to my system would probably be too much.

ukaserex

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7219 on: July 23, 2014, 12:03:28 PM »
Sadly, sugar is sugar. For a diabetic, what's significant is how fast or slow that sugar is absorbed into the blood stream. (Depending on what type of diabetes they have, of course.) For the folks that need insulin after heavy sugar intake, foods with a low glycemic index are best. Fruits have great nutritional benefits, to be sure. Much better than a donut, nutritionally.

But, sometimes taste is what matters. The sad part is...unless you're making your own dough and frying the donut yourself, there are just too many preservatives, polysyllabic chemicals and other mysterious ingredients to really benefit in any way from eating a donut, except calorically.

Damn, I want an apple fritter in the worst way....
Those who have no idea what they are doing genuinely have no idea that they don't know what they're doing. - John Cleese