Author Topic: New efforts!  (Read 7288655 times)

HEATSTROKE

• Lovin' bein' an
  • Elite Boss
Re: New efforts!
« Reply #7860 on: July 30, 2014, 12:59:31 AM »
I never made a Mind toon.. I wanted to.. just never got around to it.. This was one of my planned builds.. and it would have been AWESOME...

PermaHasten. PermaMindLink. Softcapped to Every position..

See the Longer you wait to give me the game back.. the longer I get to tinker..

Villain Plan by Mids' Villain Designer 1.96
http://www.cohplanner.com/

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Psicosis: Level 50 Natural Arachnos Widow
Primary Power Set: Fortunata Training
Secondary Power Set: Fortunata Teamwork
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Fighting

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Mental Blast -- Decim-Acc/Dmg(A), Decim-Dmg/EndRdx(3), Decim-Dmg/Rchg(3), Decim-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(15), Decim-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(29), HO:Nucle(29)
Level 1: Combat Training: Defensive -- DefBuff-I(A), DefBuff-I(43), DefBuff-I(43)
Level 2: Telekinetic Blast -- Decim-Acc/Dmg(A), Decim-Dmg/EndRdx(7), Decim-Dmg/Rchg(7), Decim-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(11), Decim-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(19), HO:Nucle(19)
Level 4: Subdue -- SDoArach-Acc/Dmg(A), SDoArach-Dmg/Rchg(11), SDoArach-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(21), SDoArach-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(21), SDoArach-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(23)
Level 6: Hover -- Flight-I(A)
Level 8: Psychic Scream -- Posi-Acc/Dmg(A), Posi-Dmg/EndRdx(9), Posi-Dmg/Rchg(9), Posi-Dmg/Rng(13), Posi-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(13), SDoArach-Rchg/DmgFear%(23)
Level 10: Indomitable Will -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 12: Dominate -- Decim-Acc/Dmg(A), Decim-Dmg/EndRdx(37), Decim-Dmg/Rchg(37), Decim-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(37), Decim-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), HO:Perox(48)
Level 14: Fly -- Flight-I(A)
Level 16: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(17), RechRdx-I(17)
Level 18: Psionic Tornado -- Posi-Acc/Dmg(A), Posi-Dmg/EndRdx(39), Posi-Dmg/Rchg(39), Posi-Dmg/Rng(40), Posi-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(46), Ragnrk-Knock%(46)
Level 20: Mask Presence -- LkGmblr-Def(A), LkGmblr-Rchg+(40), LkGmblr-Def/EndRdx(40)
Level 22: Foresight -- LkGmblr-Def(A), LkGmblr-Rchg+(46)
Level 24: Mind Link -- LkGmblr-Def/EndRdx(A), LkGmblr-Def/Rchg(25), LkGmblr-EndRdx/Rchg(25), LkGmblr-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(27), LkGmblr-Def(36), LkGmblr-Rchg+(36)
Level 26: Total Domination -- BasGaze-Acc/Hold(A), BasGaze-Acc/Rchg(27), BasGaze-Rchg/Hold(31), BasGaze-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(31), RechRdx-I(31), HO:Endo(34)
Level 28: Tactical Training: Maneuvers -- LkGmblr-Def(A), LkGmblr-Def/EndRdx(43), LkGmblr-Rchg+(45)
Level 30: Boxing -- Acc-I(A)
Level 32: Psychic Wail -- Oblit-Dmg(A), Oblit-Acc/Rchg(33), Oblit-Dmg/Rchg(33), Oblit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), Oblit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(34), HO:Nucle(34)
Level 35: Tough -- S'fstPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), S'fstPrt-ResKB(36)
Level 38: Weave -- LkGmblr-Def/EndRdx(A), LkGmblr-Def(48), LkGmblr-Rchg+(50), LkGmblr-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(50)
Level 41: Confuse -- CoPers-Conf(A), CoPers-Conf/Rchg(42), CoPers-Acc/Conf/Rchg(45), CoPers-Acc/Rchg(45), CoPers-Conf%(48)
Level 44: Aim -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 47: Tactical Training: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 49: Tactical Training: Leadership -- EndRdx-I(A), Rec'dRet-Pcptn(50)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Run-I(A)
Level 1: Conditioning
Level 2: Rest -- Heal-I(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run
Level 2: Swift -- Flight-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Numna-Regen/Rcvry+(A), Numna-Heal(15), Mrcl-Rcvry+(42)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- EndMod-I(A), EndMod-I(5), P'Shift-EndMod(5), P'Shift-End%(42)
Level 50: Spectral Total Radial Conversion
Level 50: Seers Total Core Improved Ally
Level 50: Rebirth Partial Radial Invocation
Level 50: Assault Radial Embodiment
Level 50: Agility Core Paragon
------------
------------
------------
Set Bonus Totals:
  • 11% DamageBuff(Smashing)
  • 11% DamageBuff(Lethal)
  • 11% DamageBuff(Fire)
  • 11% DamageBuff(Cold)
  • 11% DamageBuff(Energy)
  • 11% DamageBuff(Negative)
  • 11% DamageBuff(Toxic)
  • 11% DamageBuff(Psionic)
  • 3% Defense(Melee)
  • 3% Defense(Smashing)
  • 3% Defense(Lethal)
  • 3% Defense(Fire)
  • 3% Defense(Cold)
  • 5.5% Defense(Energy)
  • 5.5% Defense(Negative)
  • 3% Defense(Psionic)
  • 4.25% Defense(Ranged)
  • 3% Defense(AoE)
  • 6.75% Max End
  • 101.3% Enhancement(RechargeTime)
  • 60% Enhancement(Accuracy)
  • 4% Enhancement(Confused)
  • 5% SpeedFlying
  • 92.36 HP (8.62%) HitPoints
  • 5% JumpHeight
  • 5% SpeedJumping
  • Knockback (Mag -4)
  • Knockup (Mag -4)
  • MezResist(Held) 2.75%
  • MezResist(Immobilized) 8.25%
  • MezResist(Stunned) 2.2%
  • 20% PerceptionRadius
  • 12.5% (0.22 End/sec) Recovery
  • 62% (3.32 HP/sec) Regeneration
  • 3.15% Resistance(Fire)
  • 3.15% Resistance(Cold)
  • 3.13% Resistance(Psionic)
  • 5% SpeedRunning

Superratz

• Underling
« Reply #7861 on: July 30, 2014, 01:05:57 AM »
I would just like to say - please keep the thoughts positive about the purchase of the game. It is sort of freaking out the Devs seeing themselves being picked apart based on speculation.

If you can't keep things positive it will drastically reduce what information I will be getting. Facebook..........yes I am looking at you! Complete speculation on where the game is going when they don't have the game yet - is not wise.

I have tried to treat everyone like adults and give you what I can. There is a lot of pressure on these folks and they are feeling it. To ponder on what ifs and then act as if those what ifs are the truth - is silly.

Let me try and clear all the speculation up:
1. A team is trying to get the game.
2. They are getting closer.
3. They want to get the old game running if it is at all possible with Issue 24.
4. They want to move forward with CoH2 as well.

That is in a nutshell what we have. It is wonderful to think about the future - but we don't have a future - yet. Please pass this on - especially you Facebook folks!
I am Sorry how do we know if any of this is true, for all we know you could be just a Dirty troll trying to make people lives a living how.

HEATSTROKE

• Lovin' bein' an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #7862 on: July 30, 2014, 01:09:33 AM »
I am Sorry how do we know if any of this is true, for all we know you could be just a Dirty troll trying to make people lives a living how.

Your a bit late on the troll watch.. Its been verified by other sources that there is definitely an attempt to purchase the game from NC Soft.. now whether it is successful remains to be seen..

Ohioknight

• Celebrating Columbus Day
  • Elite Boss
  • 65 years old
« Reply #7863 on: July 30, 2014, 01:11:34 AM »

If you just read a few pages of the very thread that you are posting in, both Tony V and CodeWalker have effectively confirmed this just today for, like, the 50th time

Tony V runs Titan

Codewalker made ICON

Who WOULD you believe?
"Wow, a fat, sarcastic, Star Trek fan, you must be a devil with the ladies"

drmanbot

• Minion
« Reply #7864 on: July 30, 2014, 01:11:57 AM »
400 pages in and people still view IW posts as some kind of malicious stunt. I a never dissapointed in the abyss that is the interwebs.

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #7865 on: July 30, 2014, 01:24:30 AM »
Let's not cry doom over Synapse contacting Wolf and The Team.

I'm not going into specifics, but believe me, he's not going to be part of the negotiations. Take my word for it.

No, that would be silly. Developers weren't part of the original negotiations (for good reason) and wouldn't be in the future.

The main concern is that after the game of telephone it ends up on facebook as "All the Paragon devs are getting back together to buy out the game! I read it on the Interwebs it must be true! Woohoo!". While it's unlikely such rampant misinformation gets back to someone who cares enough, even an annoyance hurts your bargaining position.

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #7866 on: July 30, 2014, 01:25:19 AM »

How do I know that YOU are who you claim to be? Hmmmmmmm?!  What have you done with the real Super Ratz?

Everfreefire

• Boss
« Reply #7867 on: July 30, 2014, 01:32:21 AM »

Where did you start reading that the first post you decided to respond to was the 4875th one and *not* read through the other 3000 or so posts?

Or, you know...Quote the first post?
/em raises a glass. "Next year in the Ski Chalet!"
"Scrappers might not exist any more, but scrapperlock is forever."   -Kaiser Tarantula

Fanta

• New Efforts # 2,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #7868 on: July 30, 2014, 01:35:43 AM »

If you had bothered to read even the first ten posts made by Ironwolf you'd probably not have bothered. He's not just here for us, it's personal. He wants it not for himself as much as his grand daughter. Maybe both? And us too.

Edit: Lets hope she has a big smile when the game comes back :)
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 01:44:16 AM by Fanta »
I am an ass, but don't we all love a good ass!

Taceus Jiwede

• Time Traveler
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #7869 on: July 30, 2014, 01:37:17 AM »

ALRIGHT, ALRIGHT!  I admit it!  My real name is Lord Nemesis.  Iron wolf is merely an automation I created shortly after the shutdown which I (Nemesis) made happen.  Much like something you would hear from an old sci-fi movie my CoH character began to gain a mind of its own, an existence of its own.  Being forced into doing the same missions over and over again every day, (because I can't be in the real world and CoH at the same time)  I had to close the game so I could slowly begin to takeover/shut down the real world!  I just hopped by using Iron Wolf as an automation I could slowly build my Nemesis army up.  So what do you say minions?!(thats you guys)  Shall we conquer the world?

None of that makes sense and seems unrelated you say?  Duhhh!! Nemesis plot

Fanta

• New Efforts # 2,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #7870 on: July 30, 2014, 01:53:20 AM »
Speaking of children. Does anyone remember the "What my 6 year old learned from CoX" thread? One of my favs. Sister Flame right?
I am an ass, but don't we all love a good ass!

Ironwolf

• Stubborn as a
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #7871 on: July 30, 2014, 01:55:22 AM »
Wow, that was a good one - I am a Nemesis plot and never even knew it!

Well played Nemesis, well played.

gypsyav

• Boss
« Reply #7872 on: July 30, 2014, 01:59:26 AM »
None of that makes sense and seems unrelated you say?  Duhhh!! Nemesis plot

But not everything is a Nemesis plot.

I still get a kick out of the first time I saw "Everything is a Nemesis Plot" in the tips and the very next one was "Not everything is a Nemesis Plot."

Yeah, I'm easily amused.
Imagination is the seed of intelligence. Nourish it and watch it grow.

Cymmetri

• Underling
« Reply #7873 on: July 30, 2014, 02:10:59 AM »
Understood - I don't know which camel broke the straws back and all that. I will send such folks through quietly. Yeah Synapse didn't say he wanted a job or anything he was just excited to hear someone was trying to get the game up and running and wanted to contact them.

Still VERY NIFTY.  :D

Mistress Urd

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7874 on: July 30, 2014, 02:15:26 AM »
400 pages in and people still view IW posts as some kind of malicious stunt. I a never dissapointed in the abyss that is the interwebs.

Yep, its the internets! Scary how bad it can be.

houtex

• Elite Boss
  • I was the turkey all along! MEE!
« Reply #7875 on: July 30, 2014, 02:37:12 AM »
Ahh, I see.  As to what Codewalker said, I think he may be right in regards to this.  It may be that it'd be to early or anything.  Heck it's probably good to keep quiet until, well, we know where we are after everything is done.

A bit late for that now, dont'cha think?  :D

houtex

• Elite Boss
  • I was the turkey all along! MEE!
« Reply #7876 on: July 30, 2014, 02:38:59 AM »
Several things. First, despite popular opinion, all business are not driven purely to maximize profit. The people in charge, especially if they founded the company or have been with it for a long time, can have personal motivations and attachments that influence their decisions. They are not always in complete agreement with each other, either.

Second, there are cultural differences. Those are somewhat difficult to bring up around here without being accused of racism or other silly things, but they exist and should not be ignored when considering a business deal. Here's a few key ones that seem to apply. I'm extrapolating a little from other cultures in the region, so there may be local differences in South Korea -- if someone has more experience with Korean business culture please correct me if they're not accurate:
  • Once your name is attached to something, especially a creative work that you had a hand in producing (even indirectly), it is forever associated with you. People will remember that NCSoft once produced City of Heroes, so if they sell it and it gets neglected or turned into something people hate, it will reflect very badly on them. That happens whether or not the logo is on it, but since they know it will happen anyway, they want the logo to stay, much as Cryptic's does.

• It's considered better to exit gracefully on your own terms than to let something die a slow, lingering death. While the shutdown wasn't handled in a way most of us would consider 'graceful', to them it's still better than the alternative.

• When I talk about their image, I don't mean with us. Yes, most ex-COH players have a very low image of the company. We are not who they're concerned about. We are a small and rabid fanbase and there is very little they could do that would make a difference there. Even their image among MMO players is secondary, as many of them (especially in Korea) are young and not necessarily the same social standing. What they are concerned about is their reputation among their peers -- other game companies, publishers, businesses, and appearance in the media.

That reputation did take a minor hit among western studios. I say minor because a couple of developers made some remarks at conferences, but people are still doing business with them, the reviewers are still covering their games and only occasionally making comments, but ones that are easily glossed over and not the focus of the review. That's a small segment of their market in any event.

Selling a game that they closed, effectively admitting that they were wrong, could make them look bad to their business partners at home, which is a much bigger deal. The fact that they're even considering it at all is a minor miracle. The only way such a deal can happen is if it's handled carefully in a way that allows them to save face on the sale.
This probably won't make sense to the majority of westerners who were raised with a different value system and have different social rules and expectations. But it's also very, very important to anyone who wants to try to complete a deal such as this one. You can't expect to walk in with a wad of cash and get whatever you want just because you have money. Things like respect are valued far higher. When someone else holds all the cards, sometimes you have to play by their rules to have a chance at getting what you want.

That was very excellent.  Makes more sense to me now.  Much obliged and appreciative of this, CW.

Taceus Jiwede

• Time Traveler
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #7877 on: July 30, 2014, 03:41:19 AM »
Wow, that was a good one - I am a Nemesis plot and never even knew it!

Well played Nemesis, well played.

Thank you.  My many, MANY failures have led to my perfection.

Everfreefire

• Boss
« Reply #7878 on: July 30, 2014, 04:43:11 AM »
Thank you.  My many, MANY failures have led to my perfection.

You aren't the real Nemesis! Nemesis has no failures!
/em raises a glass. "Next year in the Ski Chalet!"
"Scrappers might not exist any more, but scrapperlock is forever."   -Kaiser Tarantula

Acanous

• Beef Ingot
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #7879 on: July 30, 2014, 04:58:01 AM »
Guys
guys
I need help
I can't find "Hooray for Cometshooter!" anywhere. Someone have that saved?

Edit: Found it.
http://s75.photobucket.com/user/arcsalvo/media/9r528m.jpg.html
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 05:05:02 AM by Acanous »