Author Topic: New efforts!  (Read 7261977 times)

duane

• Elite Boss
Re: New efforts!
« Reply #9400 on: August 21, 2014, 08:23:33 PM »
As to not offend those in support of waffles.... bacon waffles

and those in support of pancakes .... bacon pancakes

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #9401 on: August 21, 2014, 08:25:25 PM »
One day the Phoenix will rise again.

Sinistar

• Elite Boss
« Reply #9402 on: August 21, 2014, 08:53:56 PM »
Here's a question for all:

Let's say the game does come back, but NCSOFT still has some involvement with the game.......would you still come back?

For me the answer would be dependent on just how involved they would be, since it was them that killed the game in the first place.  Also I tried Wildstar for 5 minutes until I remembered it was NCsoft's game

Hopefully if this goes through it will be a complete sale and NCsoft walks away with their cash.
In fearful COH-less days
In Raging COH-less nights
With Strong Hearts Full, we shall UNITE!
When all seems lost in the effort to bring CoH back to life,
Look to Cyberspace, where HOPE burns bright!

Power Gamer

• Elite Boss
  • Reaching troubled youth...one Hellion at a time!
« Reply #9403 on: August 21, 2014, 09:01:45 PM »

Let's say the game does come back, but NCSOFT still has some involvement with the game.......would you still come back?

For me the answer would be dependent on just how involved they would be, since it was them that killed the game in the first place.  Also I tried Wildstar for 5 minutes until I remembered it was NCsoft's game

Hopefully if this goes through it will be a complete sale and NCsoft walks away with their cash.

If NCsoft is involved, so be it.

I won't cut of my nose to spite my own face.

Ultimately I was enjoying the game while they were fully in charge, I guess I could enjoy the game if they are only partly in charge. Won't know 'til it happens, really.

;)
It takes a village to raise a child. And it takes a villain to explain the value of lunch money.

-Random CoHer: "Why does the sky turn green during Rikti invasions?"
-Me:"Rikti Monkey farts"
-Random CoHer: "I'm going to you for all my questions from now on!"

Des_Tructive

• Lieutenant
  • SLAP!
    • Meta - Superhuman Covert Ops (german)
« Reply #9404 on: August 21, 2014, 09:04:28 PM »

If they bring the game back, what reason would I have to still be mad at them? I was miffed about AA, DR and TR, but the only shutdown that really upset me was CoX. And if they brought it back, it'd be the closest thing to an apology they could give me.
CoX: @DeS Tructive
TSW: BloodyCarrie; HrFaust; TheContact

NegativeIQ

• Minion
« Reply #9405 on: August 21, 2014, 09:20:36 PM »
If they bring the game back, what reason would I have to still be mad at them? I was miffed about AA, DR and TR, but the only shutdown that really upset me was CoX. And if they brought it back, it'd be the closest thing to an apology they could give me.

I'm with you there. I have never really jumped on the bandwagon of hating them I just have never liked a game as much as I did CoH.

BadWolf

• Elite Boss
« Reply #9406 on: August 21, 2014, 09:21:04 PM »

I'd say that bringing back the game is a good-faith gesture on their part that they want to keep the game alive. :)

chuckv3

• Elite Boss
« Reply #9407 on: August 21, 2014, 09:27:35 PM »
As to not offend those in support of waffles.... bacon waffles

and those in support of pancakes .... bacon pancakes

Sorry, but VooDoo Doughnuts in Portland Oregon has something EVEN BETTER: Maple and Bacon doughnut. My wife enjoyed one of these on an RV trip down the Oregon coast a couple summers ago.

NegativeIQ

• Minion
« Reply #9408 on: August 21, 2014, 09:43:00 PM »

Thunder Glove

• Elite Boss
« Reply #9409 on: August 21, 2014, 09:53:09 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8APwHQUHwY  Well this was posted a week ago.
Meh. It has the "worst game ever" reputation, but it's not.  Far from it.  It could have stood a couple of weeks of extra polishing (as in this homebrew project, which makes the wells harder to fall into and adds a new game option), but it wasn't even the worst game on the Atari 2600 (compare anything by Mythicon, anything by Playaround, and, the game usually cited by actual Atari fans as the worst game for the console, Karate by Froggo), let alone ever.

... also, the game sold 1.5 million copies (making it one of the best-selling games on the Atari 2600, which still wasn't enough to make up for the licensing and production costs), not 500,000 copies like Yatzee said.

Just a peeve of mine.

Golden Girl

• One Liners and Winky Faces
  • Elite Boss
    • Heroes and Villains
« Reply #9410 on: August 21, 2014, 10:00:17 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8APwHQUHwY  Well this was posted a week ago.

I'd always assumed that Champions Online was a stand alone game, rather than spiritual successor to an earlier one.
"Heroes and Villains" website - http://www.heroes-and-villains.com
"Heroes and Villains" on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/HeroesAndVillainsMMORPG
"Heroes and Villains" on Twitter - https://twitter.com/Plan_Z_Studios
"Heroes and Villains" teaser trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnjKqNPfFv8
Artwork - http://goldengirlcoh.deviantart.com

azazel005

• Minion
« Reply #9411 on: August 21, 2014, 10:11:47 PM »

I love the game too much to hold a grudge against a company that, while acted in a way that upset me, was (should it be the case) also aiding in the games return.

DragonCommando

• Minion
« Reply #9412 on: August 21, 2014, 10:27:52 PM »

No problem at all.

Dareon Kale

• Minion
« Reply #9413 on: August 21, 2014, 10:28:16 PM »
All the talk of positive vibes makes me think of the anime version of Soul Eater when Maka's father is sending her positive energy, so she'll do well on her exams. Also, seeing the bacon maple doughnut has inspired my gym workout for today because I really want to eat that(or something similar), but would rather not assume the inevitable weight gain that would result. Lastly, hooray for continuing efforts to revive CoH from suspended animation.

Luna Eclypse

• New Efforts # 9,000!
  • Boss
  • Follow my on Twitter @LunaEclypse
    • Luna Eclypse on VirtueVerse
« Reply #9414 on: August 21, 2014, 10:31:19 PM »
The continual return to the topic of food is a real test of my willpower right now since I'm on a diet. THANKS GUYS, THANKS!  >:(  :gonk: ;D  ;)
"The Remarkable Dazzling"
Luna Eclypse

Shifter

• Boss
« Reply #9415 on: August 21, 2014, 10:31:49 PM »

Yes.
Stone Tank
Freedom Server

Dal

• Minion
« Reply #9416 on: August 21, 2014, 10:33:54 PM »
Well, they delayed development for two years and dismantled Paragon Studios, so it's still a pretty big deal in my opinion. But then, without NCSoft there wouldn't have been a Paragon Studios at all, so it's a mixed sort of feeling. I would come back either way, but fearing that it could happen again. I am really hoping for a responsible and competent team to take the reins and attempt to maintain the quality we had previously though, the devs were fantastic.

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #9417 on: August 21, 2014, 10:34:36 PM »
All the talk of positive vibes makes me think of the anime version of Soul Eater when Maka's father is sending her positive energy, so she'll do well on her exams. Also, seeing the bacon maple doughnut has inspired my gym workout for today because I really want to eat that(or something similar), but would rather not assume the inevitable weight gain that would result. Lastly, hooray for continuing efforts to revive CoH from suspended animation.

No speaking of anime here, to....much...anime....everywhere...on...the...nexus...network......

*goes back to trying to find non-anime mods for new vegas and skyrim that aren't lore breaking*.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Shifter

• Boss
« Reply #9418 on: August 21, 2014, 10:38:21 PM »
The continual return to the topic of food is a real test of my willpower right now since I'm on a diet. THANKS GUYS, THANKS!  >:(  :gonk: ;D  ;)

I swear, we could start a support group... "Hi, my name is Shifter and I gained 10 pounds reading the New Efforts thread."
Stone Tank
Freedom Server

Luna Eclypse

• New Efforts # 9,000!
  • Boss
  • Follow my on Twitter @LunaEclypse
    • Luna Eclypse on VirtueVerse
« Reply #9419 on: August 21, 2014, 10:46:18 PM »
I swear, we could start a support group... "Hi, my name is Shifter and I gained 10 pounds reading the New Efforts thread."

Right? I can't be expected to fit into my hero suit if I have any extra flab hanging around.  ;)
"The Remarkable Dazzling"
Luna Eclypse