Author Topic: New efforts!  (Read 7210097 times)

Sinistar

• Elite Boss
Re: New efforts!
« Reply #18540 on: July 05, 2015, 01:06:28 AM »
I am the LAW !! (Dredd)

No it's  "Yo, Adrian! I am the law!"   :)
In fearful COH-less days
In Raging COH-less nights
With Strong Hearts Full, we shall UNITE!
When all seems lost in the effort to bring CoH back to life,
Look to Cyberspace, where HOPE burns bright!

Twi

• Connoisseur of Fine Imports
  • Lieutenant
  • Defender
« Reply #18541 on: July 05, 2015, 04:34:13 AM »
Hope you never saw Highlander 5: The Source, it was worse then Highlander 2

Why in God's name would you keep watching the Highlander series after 2.
I am a defender and so can you.

Valtyr

• Finder of Lost CatGrrls
  • Boss
  • Not From Around Here
« Reply #18542 on: July 05, 2015, 04:45:27 AM »
I'm glad no one is disputing the greatness that was Demolition Man. That movie really licked ass.

Sinistar

• Elite Boss
« Reply #18543 on: July 05, 2015, 05:15:33 AM »
Why in God's name would you keep watching the Highlander series after 2.

The TV series was fun, it retconned the first movie so that Connor still took out Kurgan but it wasn't the final gathering. It ignored movies 2 and 3 (three was basically a remake of 1 and meant to negate 2 from continuity). Highlander 4 endgame serves as series epilogue and Highlander 5 serves as garbage.  :)
In fearful COH-less days

Sinistar

• Elite Boss
« Reply #18544 on: July 05, 2015, 05:16:07 AM »
I'm glad no one is disputing the greatness that was Demolition Man. That movie really licked ass.

Demolition Man was indeed fun.  A very humorous look at the future that rivals Back to the Future 2's look at the future.
In fearful COH-less days

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #18545 on: July 05, 2015, 05:43:38 AM »
That movie really licked ass.
Um. I am not sure whether you actually mean licked, but it changes the entire meaning of your post... ;)
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #18546 on: July 05, 2015, 05:44:11 AM »

Valtyr, you are fined five credits for violation of the verbal morality statute

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #18547 on: July 05, 2015, 05:45:07 AM »
Um. I am not sure whether you actually mean licked, but it changes the entire meaning of your post... ;)

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #18548 on: July 05, 2015, 05:46:13 AM »
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Twisted Toon

• New Efforts # 13,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #18550 on: July 05, 2015, 06:11:35 AM »

Looks like someone has matched their meat (or was that meet?)

You do seem to inspire joy-joy feeling in those that read your posts Arcana.

Be well.  :)
Hope never abandons you, you abandon it. - George Weinberg

Hope ... is not a feeling; it is something you do. - Katherine Paterson

Nobody really cares if you're miserable, so you might as well be happy. - Cynthia Nelms

Ohioknight

• Celebrating Columbus Day
  • Elite Boss
  • 65 years old
« Reply #18551 on: July 05, 2015, 08:40:37 PM »
The TV series was fun, it retconned the first movie so that Connor still took out Kurgan but it wasn't the final gathering. It ignored movies 2 and 3 (three was basically a remake of 1 and meant to negate 2 from continuity). Highlander 4 endgame serves as series epilogue and Highlander 5 serves as garbage.  :)

Seasons 4 and 5 of the Highlander TV series were by far the best things ever associated with the concept -- I would recommend watching them even if you don't want to do the rest of the series.  Season six totally sucks.  How they went from that good to that bad is extraordinary.
"Wow, a fat, sarcastic, Star Trek fan, you must be a devil with the ladies"

Sinistar

• Elite Boss
« Reply #18552 on: July 05, 2015, 09:03:34 PM »
Seasons 4 and 5 of the Highlander TV series were by far the best things ever associated with the concept -- I would recommend watching them even if you don't want to do the rest of the series.  Season six totally sucks.  How they went from that good to that bad is extraordinary.

Season 6: Adrian Paul was feeling the pain more and more from the stunts and sword fights and was looking to move on.

They used the other female characters as test characters for the spin off that ultimately went to Amanda and man did that spin off series stink.  I was also amused how Amanda acted like she could barely sword fight in the main series then is basically supreme swords woman in the spin off, ah plot armor....

How Richie was removed from the series I never did like, though last two episodes were a nice epiphany for Duncan about how he has indeed helped people over the years. 
In fearful COH-less days

Hemipowered

• Minion
« Reply #18553 on: July 05, 2015, 11:04:11 PM »
           Back to Dredd -both movies had their merits and drawbacks-the biggest problem with both is they missed the 'essence of Dredd'  which is this-everyone in the judge dredd world is a straightman to dredd's punchline.  IE perp "it's not my fault judge. I'm a product of my environment" Dredd "you got a new environment now creep-2 years ISO cube, move em out!" and sometimes its social commentary- Law abiding citizen "what about freedom of speech?"  Dredd "freedom of speech is available. to those who can afford it." etc until a director figures this out the movies will be limited in impact IMO.

AlphaFerret

• Boss
« Reply #18554 on: July 06, 2015, 12:31:29 AM »

I remember when the series started, I threw a fit...there can be only one after all.
Of course, I now own all six seasons and typically associate Duncan as the Highlander.

Sinistar

• Elite Boss
« Reply #18555 on: July 06, 2015, 01:55:56 AM »
           Back to Dredd -both movies had their merits and drawbacks-the biggest problem with both is they missed the 'essence of Dredd'  which is this-everyone in the judge dredd world is a straightman to dredd's punchline.  IE perp "it's not my fault judge. I'm a product of my environment" Dredd "you got a new environment now creep-2 years ISO cube, move em out!" and sometimes its social commentary- Law abiding citizen "what about freedom of speech?"  Dredd "freedom of speech is available. to those who can afford it." etc until a director figures this out the movies will be limited in impact IMO.

I liked one story where the villain at the end was fatally wounded and going to die, Dredd had already sentenced him to life in the ISO cubes, so Dredd has the villain put in suspension until medical science can revive and heal him so that he can THEN serve life in the ISO cubes.   "No one escapes the law!"
In fearful COH-less days

Sinistar

• Elite Boss
« Reply #18556 on: July 06, 2015, 01:57:42 AM »
I remember when the series started, I threw a fit...there can be only one after all.
Of course, I now own all six seasons and typically associate Duncan as the Highlander.

Adrian Paul/Duncan did a better job overall then Lambert/Connor.  Nothing against the Connor character but Duncan had more screen time and was able to do a better job at showing and dealing with the pathos of being immortal and outliving everyone he knows.  Connor, especially in Endgame was in dire need of a vat full of prozac.
In fearful COH-less days

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #18557 on: July 06, 2015, 04:07:32 AM »

I actually though three was the best season. But really if you start with the last episode of 1 and watch til the next to last episode of 5, you miss most of the facepalm, though there are throwaway episodes.

Sinistar

• Elite Boss
« Reply #18558 on: July 06, 2015, 05:48:06 AM »
I actually though three was the best season. But really if you start with the last episode of 1 and watch til the next to last episode of 5, you miss most of the facepalm, though there are throwaway episodes.

Season 1 got better when Darius was introduced, too bad the actor's death forced some rewrites as Darius was never meant to be killed by the Renegade Watchers.

Season 3 gave us the origin of his katana and why he uses it as well as the villain Kalas and how they had their final fight on the Eiffel Tower, the world's biggest lightning rod :)

Season 4: Dark quickening and the Watchers putting Joe on trial

Season 5: the Four Horsemen and revelations about Methos.
In fearful COH-less days

GenericHero05

• New Efforts # 7,000!
  • Boss
« Reply #18559 on: July 06, 2015, 06:10:03 AM »

I thought one would use the three seashells.
If I was a Jedi, there's a 100% chance that I'd use The Force inappropriately.