Author Topic: New efforts!  (Read 7272396 times)

skoogmik

• Minion
Re: New efforts!
« Reply #18840 on: July 31, 2015, 12:04:01 AM »
Hi All,
  During my years of playing COH, I've loved playing by tanks, scrappers, controllers and stalkers.  Due to my ignorance, I've never played Defenders much.  Now, after reading COH blogs, I've gained a new widened understanding of COH mechanics. When and if COH starts up again, my next creation will be a Dark/Rad Defender.

I was wondering if you guys have planned out any new and interesting arch-type combinations for the hopeful re-birth of our favorite game.

Shibboleth

• Boss
« Reply #18841 on: July 31, 2015, 01:36:32 AM »
I was wondering if you guys have planned out any new and interesting arch-type combinations for the hopeful re-birth of our favorite game.

I had a lot of characters and played most of the ATs by shutdown. My plan is to recreate a few of them and probably leave some others as fond memories.

My very first, post-beta character was a Rad/Electrical Defender. It is a great memory of theorycrafting perma-Haste back in the first month of game release and having it work out. Somewhere around my 4th or 5th character I did make a Dark/Rad Defender and he was a lot of fun.

By the end of things I had moved from primarily playing Defenders and Scrappers to Brutes and Corruptors.

brothermutant

• New Efforts # 14,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #18842 on: July 31, 2015, 07:08:01 AM »
Plans for first must-have toons? I guess I would go with my Street Justice/Ninjitsu stalker, and a fun troller and MasterMind ASAP. Probably go Grav/Time and Beast/Nature Affinity or Trick Arrow.

RGladden

• Boss
« Reply #18843 on: July 31, 2015, 01:07:19 PM »
If sands-of-mu is available I'll go with WP/dark melee for the first build.  Otherwise, I may go with DB/Fire brute.

Biz

• Boss
« Reply #18844 on: July 31, 2015, 02:05:04 PM »
Challenge to someone that's bored at work today and wants to be a hero and help out a fellow City-er.

I am trying to set up a home entertainment center. I've got a projector with no coaxial cable input, although it does have a slot for an HDMI input. I am trying to watch cable television from the cable box. So I am hoping someone knows of a device that can convert coaxial cable to HDMI. So there it is. Thanks!

Brigadine

• Elite Boss
« Reply #18845 on: July 31, 2015, 02:30:58 PM »
Challenge to someone that's bored at work today and wants to be a hero and help out a fellow City-er.

I am trying to set up a home entertainment center. I've got a projector with no coaxial cable input, although it does have a slot for an HDMI input. I am trying to watch cable television from the cable box. So I am hoping someone knows of a device that can convert coaxial cable to HDMI. So there it is. Thanks!
An adapter. Lots on amazon I think. Search Coaxial to HDMI.
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_5_4?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=coaxial+to+hdmi&sprefix=coax%2Caps%2C177

ivanhedgehog

• New Efforts # 25,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #18846 on: July 31, 2015, 02:36:25 PM »

there are a bunch out there

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&docId=1001185071

hurple

• Elite Boss
« Reply #18847 on: July 31, 2015, 02:54:55 PM »

I'll got even better than the two who already responded... First, you'll want this to convert the coax to SDI

http://www.amazon.com/Female-Male-Coax-Connector-Adapter/dp/B007Q8JGWM/ref=pd_bxgy_23_img_y

then this to convert to HDMI

http://www.amazon.com/Lenkeng-LKV368-Converter-Unlimited-Extender/dp/B00AYT76IQ/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1438353888&sr=8-10&keywords=coax+to+hdmi+adapter

Auroxis

• Boss
« Reply #18848 on: July 31, 2015, 03:43:30 PM »
Plans for first must-have toons? I guess I would go with my Street Justice/Ninjitsu stalker, and a fun troller and MasterMind ASAP. Probably go Grav/Time and Beast/Nature Affinity or Trick Arrow.

There are no must-have toons really. But the one which help teams the most can vary depending on your team. So I'd like to have 3 mains:

1. A Buff+Debuff support character. I'm thinking a Thermal/Sonic Defender. Build thread
2. A Tank able to hold its ground against anything without support and dish out decent damage. I'm thinking an Elec/Titan Tanker. Build thread
3. A DPS+Buff character if the above roles are filled. I'm thinking Ice/Kin Corruptor. Build Thread

If I get them finished (they're pretty affordable), I could then aim for an expensive jack of all trades build like a DP/Time Corruptor. Builld thread

Brigadine

• Elite Boss
« Reply #18849 on: July 31, 2015, 06:57:25 PM »
I'll got even better than the two who already responded... First, you'll want this to convert the coax to SDI

http://www.amazon.com/Female-Male-Coax-Connector-Adapter/dp/B007Q8JGWM/ref=pd_bxgy_23_img_y

http://www.amazon.com/Lenkeng-LKV368-Converter-Unlimited-Extender/dp/B00AYT76IQ/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1438353888&sr=8-10&keywords=coax+to+hdmi+adapter
Plug this into this to get this then plug this into this to get what you wanted ;)

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #18850 on: July 31, 2015, 07:46:27 PM »

If you have a cable box without an hdmi out you need to call and have your cable provider bring you one that was made in the last 15 years.

Eskreema

• Lieutenant
« Reply #18851 on: July 31, 2015, 07:50:00 PM »
Depends on what options are available to make a new hero/villain.  Rebuilding my scrappers, brutes and tanks.  Then new melee options, then other more ranged and support types.... Ah the options....  :roll: :roll: :roll:
Global: Iron Smoke.  Boards: Kractis Sky. Server:  Champion.  Main:  Eskreema

I don't always get sucked into a jet engine and live to talk about it, but when I do I use the new ICD-10 V97.33XD code.  Because things like that need to be trended by your insurance company and your money!

Twisted Toon

• New Efforts # 13,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #18852 on: July 31, 2015, 08:14:06 PM »

An adapter. Lots on amazon I think. Search Coaxial to HDMI.
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_5_4?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=coaxial+to+hdmi&sprefix=coax%2Caps%2C177
there are a bunch out there

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&docId=1001185071

I'm sure that your local Hydra supply depot would carry them as well.

If they don't...well, they did have a few issues with S.H.I.E.L.D after all.
Hope never abandons you, you abandon it. - George Weinberg

Hope ... is not a feeling; it is something you do. - Katherine Paterson

Nobody really cares if you're miserable, so you might as well be happy. - Cynthia Nelms

kierthos

• Lieutenant
« Reply #18853 on: July 31, 2015, 11:14:45 PM »

The first character I'd remake is my Rad/Rad Defender.
Depending on exactly what powersets are available from I24, I'd also remake my Dual Pistols Blaster.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #18854 on: July 31, 2015, 11:27:57 PM »
I really want to make a grav/dark troller and i can't believe it never occurred to me to make one when the game was live.

pinballdave

• Elite Boss
  • I am the player formerly known as Psylenz
« Reply #18855 on: August 01, 2015, 01:13:38 AM »
The first character I'd remake is my Rad/Rad Defender.
Depending on exactly what powersets are available from I24, I'd also remake my Dual Pistols Blaster.

I will remake my Storm/water blast defender first.

I will remake my Robots/Nature Affinity second.

I will likely make my Demon Summoning/sonic third. This combo was surprisingly so potent.

If I get around to it, I really liked my Illusion/Time manipulation controller a lot.

Rejolt

• Elite Boss
  • Infinity Server 2005-2012
« Reply #18856 on: August 01, 2015, 05:16:46 AM »
Main, a durable toon, a control toon, a farming toon, a support toon and a bunch of name savers.

Prolific use of the word Jolt in names... And if you guys steal all my names (listed in that names thread) I will not care and will make new ones.

CoH is about customization, gameplay and socializing. There is no need for a name, or carrot, past that.
Rejolt Industries LLC is now a thing. Woo!

brothermutant

• New Efforts # 14,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #18857 on: August 01, 2015, 07:59:51 AM »
I really want to make a grav/dark troller and i can't believe it never occurred to me to make one when the game was live.
A Grav/Dark would be a mean toon to contend with. Dark set as a secondary has a lot of controller-feel to it anyways and that lil fluffy pet is pretty awesome. I saw someone mention above an Illusion/Time troller and that does sound super promising.

pinballdave

• Elite Boss
  • I am the player formerly known as Psylenz
« Reply #18858 on: August 01, 2015, 03:40:30 PM »
A Grav/Dark would be a mean toon to contend with. Dark set as a secondary has a lot of controller-feel to it anyways and that lil fluffy pet is pretty awesome. I saw someone mention above an Illusion/Time troller and that does sound super promising.

Perma-hasten is very nice. Approaching perma-phantom army is absolutely gorgeous.

Auroxis

• Boss
« Reply #18859 on: August 01, 2015, 04:42:13 PM »
You can do that with /Dark as well, though it takes quite a bit of investment.