Author Topic: New efforts!  (Read 7212149 times)

GenericHero05

• New Efforts # 7,000!
  • Boss
Re: New efforts!
« Reply #19780 on: October 07, 2015, 05:21:04 PM »
Just a reminder to all the sundry busy negotiating on our behalf:  I turned 62 yairs old today, so it would be a really nice, and appreciated, gesture if something really substantial were to take place in the CoH world....which we could all get word of here on these boards.  Just a small, subtle hint....maybe....please.

Happy B-day. I hope all your birthday wishes come true (especially this one).
If I was a Jedi, there's a 100% chance that I'd use The Force inappropriately.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #19781 on: October 07, 2015, 06:04:34 PM »
So it being your birthday doesn't count as something really substantial in the CoH world?

Have a happy one!

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #19782 on: October 07, 2015, 06:05:12 PM »
Just a reminder to all the sundry busy negotiating on our behalf:  I turned 62 yairs old today, so it would be a really nice, and appreciated, gesture if something really substantial were to take place in the CoH world....which we could all get word of here on these boards.  Just a small, subtle hint....maybe....please.

You want the reboot team to announce AARP discounts?

Zombie Hustler

• Elite Boss
« Reply #19783 on: October 07, 2015, 06:10:36 PM »
Jack-In-Irons had a farm,
Eo-Eo-Chai!

And on that farm he had some pumpkins,
Eo-Eo-Chai!

MegaWatt

• Boss
  • No i didnt call security bots......uh oh!
« Reply #19784 on: October 07, 2015, 06:19:46 PM »
Eeee-oh Chai, the most energizeing blend of Chi tea.
If we set it on fire it'll burn....but that'd leave evidence...I KNOW ! COMPLETE ATOMIZATION! WOOOO!

Zombie Hustler

• Elite Boss
« Reply #19785 on: October 07, 2015, 06:37:31 PM »
Eeee-oh Chai, the most energizeing blend of Chi tea.

That would have been great for an in-game ad! Pumpkin Eo-Chai!

Optimus Dex

• Boss
« Reply #19786 on: October 07, 2015, 06:48:18 PM »

Congratulations - young un. I turned 62 last month and wish NCSoft would get on with it.

RGladden

• Boss
« Reply #19787 on: October 07, 2015, 07:11:22 PM »
Thanks guys!   :D

Mistress Urd

• Elite Boss
« Reply #19788 on: October 07, 2015, 09:14:47 PM »
I miss hunting Eochai and Jack at this time of year.

That reminds me, I forget, how is Eochai pronounced?

One of my regular teammates called him Pumpkin Head or the Great Pumpkin.

hejtmane

• Elite Boss
« Reply #19789 on: October 07, 2015, 11:59:23 PM »
One of my regular teammates called him Pumpkin Head or the Great Pumpkin.

Sally Brown: I was robbed! I spent the whole night waiting for the Great Pumpkin when I could have been out for tricks or treats! Halloween is over and I missed it! You blockhead! You kept me up all night waiting for the Great Pumpkin and all that came was a beagle! I didn't get a chance to go out for tricks or treats! And it was all your fault! I'll sue! What a fool I was. And could have had candy apples and gum! And cookies and money and all sorts of things! But no, I had to listen to you! You blockhead. What a fool I was. Trick or treats come only once a year. And I miss it by sitting in a pumpkin patch with a blockhead. You owe me restitution!

Linus: You've heard about fury in a woman scorned, haven't you?

Charlie Brown: Yes, I guess I have.

Linus: Well, that's nothing compared to the fury of a woman who has been cheated out of tricks or treats.

Ok NCSoft get crackin and sell already  :P

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #19790 on: October 08, 2015, 12:04:13 AM »
In the gritty reboot Sally thanks Linus because the other kids got razor blades in their candy apples.

srmalloy

• Elite Boss
« Reply #19791 on: October 08, 2015, 01:28:32 AM »
I've always pronounced Eochai like "iyo kai". Hmm.

A proper pronunciation would be 'yo-KAI', with the 'ch/k' something like the Scots Gaelic 'ch' in 'loch'.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #19792 on: October 08, 2015, 02:17:31 AM »
If any of you are in the market for a VPN this is a ridiculously good deal. 2 days only though.

https://stacksocial.com/sales/proxpn-premium-lifetime

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #19793 on: October 08, 2015, 02:33:41 AM »
Noooooo... the best was the cheap motel in Peregrine Island.  Get 3 or 4 teams of 8 in there and the XP would be flying like it was hitting a fan!

Ah yes the "Motel of the Mysteries" (reference:  http://www.amazon.com/Motel-Mysteries-David-Macaulay/dp/0395284252 )

That was where I got a lot of XP from 45-50 on Vickie Scrapper.  And enough Halloween Salvage to fill three storage units.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #19794 on: October 08, 2015, 03:07:20 AM »
Ah yes the "Motel of the Mysteries" (reference:  http://www.amazon.com/Motel-Mysteries-David-Macaulay/dp/0395284252 )

Woah. I remember this being read to us in 4th grade.

If any of you are in the market for a VPN this is a ridiculously good deal. 2 days only though.

https://stacksocial.com/sales/proxpn-premium-lifetime

That does seem like a good deal. Is it worth it? I mean, clearly an object that's 90% off and is $39 compared to $375 is a good deal, but... do I need / want a VPN? Aren't there free ones out there? Should I buy it now, because I've contemplated using a VPN but never got started, and can now get a lifetime thing for cheap to use when I do want to get started?
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #19795 on: October 08, 2015, 03:18:46 AM »
Well the free ones typically limit your speed. The one I'd researched before and was going to get was $40 a year, which was the best price for one of the top level ones. This one's well reviewed, and $40 for lifetime. So yeah I'd say if you were planning to get one anyway.

I've just installed and it's extremely user friendly and works well. No loss of internet speed. Maybe 2 minutes max from download to working and done with. I've verified that my IP address is out of my real area now and even tested out their Netherlands server which made my homepage change to Dutch google :D Seems awesome.

Remaugen

• Elite Boss
  • Android Clan of One
« Reply #19796 on: October 09, 2015, 08:18:46 AM »
It's like someone farted here and everyone fled the room. . .
We're almost there!  ;D

The RNG hates me.

EsTrella

• Underling
    • S-Men Heroes' Biographies
« Reply #19797 on: October 09, 2015, 03:33:09 PM »

So true! XDXDXDXDXD
~Es

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #19798 on: October 09, 2015, 04:13:50 PM »
I've been busy with another game to be honest.  Terraria is just addictive that way :).  Something to do while I'm waiting for word on this game.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #19799 on: October 09, 2015, 10:21:30 PM »
I was really hoping I could sneak that one by everybody.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov