Author Topic: New efforts!  (Read 7288716 times)

Twisted Toon

• New Efforts # 13,000!
  • Elite Boss
Re: New efforts!
« Reply #24160 on: April 30, 2016, 03:28:00 PM »
Ill be having my mid life crisis in 17 years :(

I'm planning on havig my mid-life crisis in another 40 years or 50 years. That way, I'll live to be 180 or so. Plenty of time for some CoH play time.
Hope never abandons you, you abandon it. - George Weinberg

Hope ... is not a feeling; it is something you do. - Katherine Paterson

Nobody really cares if you're miserable, so you might as well be happy. - Cynthia Nelms

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Noyjitat

• Elite Boss
  • Guess who cares?
« Reply #24162 on: April 30, 2016, 11:32:48 PM »
DCUO just now launched on xbox one JUST NOW. Despite having been live all these years they're still investing in it have have ported it over to another consold. Now making dcuo available on two consoles and the pc.

WTF is ncsoft doing? Tons of superhero movies, several superhero live action tv series and we can't get what is still to this day the best superhero mmo of all time re-release or a big fat YES to get this damn deal done already?

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #24163 on: April 30, 2016, 11:49:56 PM »
Ill be having my mid life crisis in 17 years :(

Have a quarter life crisis now, get it over with :p
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

Tubbius

• Fun Title
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #24164 on: May 01, 2016, 12:13:21 AM »
DCUO just now launched on xbox one JUST NOW. Despite having been live all these years they're still investing in it have have ported it over to another consold. Now making dcuo available on two consoles and the pc.

WTF is ncsoft doing? Tons of superhero movies, several superhero live action tv series and we can't get what is still to this day the best superhero mmo of all time re-release or a big fat YES to get this damn deal done already?

None of what is happening over here matters if it doesn't affect them over there.  Does Korean culture, or do Asian cultures in general, "get" superheroes?

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #24165 on: May 01, 2016, 01:21:21 AM »
i had my midlife crisis at 22. at least that's what i'm blaming for grad school.

Captain Electric

• Elite Boss
  • Crime doesn't pay, evildoers!
    • CoH Faces Profile
« Reply #24166 on: May 01, 2016, 11:24:39 AM »
I'm frequently firing up titles like Ultima IV and V

Damn, Tony. Cool points awarded. Only game franchise that's had as big of an impact on my life as City of Heroes.

Brigadine

• Elite Boss
« Reply #24167 on: May 01, 2016, 04:19:18 PM »
Have a quarter life crisis now, get it over with :p
Problem is I had one senior year of high school :(

pinballdave

• Elite Boss
  • I am the player formerly known as Psylenz
« Reply #24168 on: May 01, 2016, 06:52:36 PM »
Problem is I had one senior year of high school :(

Misdiagnosed, that was senioritis. It's common in 12th graders and 4th year students in college

Azrael

• Elite Boss
« Reply #24169 on: May 01, 2016, 07:42:01 PM »

In a nutsell?  Trying to crack the USA market again.  Given your post.  Ironic.

Azrael.

LadyVamp

• Elite Boss
« Reply #24170 on: May 01, 2016, 09:25:26 PM »
In a nutsell?  Trying to crack the USA market again.  Given your post.  Ironic.

Azrael.

Then tell them to stop being chivalrous or sporting and pull out the ultimate, super-weapon aka CoH and be done with it.  Nothing will crack the hero market like the original hero mmo.

I guess they forgot the 1st rule of selling.  Offer the customer what they want.

Guess they won't do that since their current strategy is working so well.

• GuildWars - flop
  • GuildWars2 - flop
  • Aeon - flop
  • Weststar - flop
  • Lineage - flop
  • Lineage 2 - flop

Seeing a pattern here.  nah.  can't be.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 09:32:16 PM by LadyVamp »
No Surrender!

LadyVamp

• Elite Boss
« Reply #24171 on: May 01, 2016, 09:38:12 PM »
not coincidentally resident on resident assaults and murders will increase exponentially.

Nah.  just death matches on the "screen"
No Surrender!

Azrael

• Elite Boss
« Reply #24172 on: May 01, 2016, 10:12:06 PM »
Then tell them to stop being chivalrous or sporting and pull out the ultimate, super-weapon aka CoH and be done with it.  Nothing will crack the hero market like the original hero mmo.

I guess they forgot the 1st rule of selling.  Offer the customer what they want.

• GuildWars - flop
  • GuildWars2 - flop
  • Aeon - flop
  • Weststar - flop
  • Lineage - flop
  • Lineage 2 - flop

Aye.  You're telling me. ;)

Hero movies are going a roaring trade and NC Soft are tone deaf to what's going on.  There's a large untapped seam of gold for a game like CoH.  Old or not.

It's got everything an MMO needs.  I think it's unique amongst MMOs I've played.

It's combat can't be touched.

Yes.  Give us what we want.  I found their interview about cracking the western market very ironic given CoH's closure...BY THEM!

What do we want?!  It's CoH!

Azrael.

Brigadine

• Elite Boss
« Reply #24173 on: May 01, 2016, 10:38:37 PM »
Misdiagnosed, that was senioritis. It's common in 12th graders and 4th year students in college
I am a 3rd year college dude and have it bad.

Brigadine

• Elite Boss
« Reply #24174 on: May 01, 2016, 10:40:29 PM »

• GuildWars - flop
  • GuildWars2 - flop
  • Aeon - flop
  • Weststar - flop
  • Lineage - flop
  • Lineage 2 - flop

I mostly agree with you except Lineage 1, 2 and guildwars 2 are not flops. Both lineage games had very good runs before P2W updates and GW2 had its own unique success.

darkgob

• Elite Boss
« Reply #24175 on: May 01, 2016, 11:13:05 PM »
Hero movies are going a roaring trade and NC Soft are tone deaf to what's going on.  There's a large untapped seam of gold for a game like CoH.  Old or not.

Too little too late, I think.  Superhero movies will stick around for a long time of course, but I think the gold rush is winding down at this point.

pinballdave

• Elite Boss
« Reply #24176 on: May 02, 2016, 12:11:09 AM »
I don't dispute that City of Heroes has the superhero theme and all, but it was MORE. If you want to dress up a witch with arcane powers, you could make a nice witch. If you wanted a medieval warrior, roman-era barbarian, 20th century soldier, spaceman, you got the action figures covered. The flexibility of the costume creator, power customization and different animations made it all things to all role players -- at least it did to me. I loved my tribute to Silent Running with my astronaut and his robots in the forest of the greenhouse on the top of the building in Atlas.

Optimus Dex

• Boss
« Reply #24177 on: May 02, 2016, 12:25:06 AM »
I don't dispute that City of Heroes has the superhero theme and all, but it was MORE. If you want to dress up a witch with arcane powers, you could make a nice witch. If you wanted a medieval warrior, roman-era barbarian, 20th century soldier, spaceman, you got the action figures covered. The flexibility of the costume creator, power customization and different animations made it all things to all role players -- at least it did to me. I loved my tribute to Silent Running with my astronaut and his robots in the forest of the greenhouse on the top of the building in Atlas.

Silent Running in the green house in Atlas is brilliant. I also had Pulp hero types , time travelers and elementals. The game worked well in so many ways. It needs to come back and quickly - sadly only former players seem to feel this way.

pinballdave

• Elite Boss
« Reply #24178 on: May 02, 2016, 12:56:50 AM »

Silent Running in the green house in Atlas is brilliant. I also had Pulp hero types , time travelers and elementals. The game worked well in so many ways. It needs to come back and quickly - sadly only former players seem to feel this way.

I was convinced less than 1% of the CoH players knew what Silent Running was but even so I named my character Quiet Sprinting!

LadyVamp

• Elite Boss
« Reply #24179 on: May 02, 2016, 01:23:20 AM »
I mostly agree with you except Lineage 1, 2 and guildwars 2 are not flops. Both lineage games had very good runs before P2W updates and GW2 had its own unique success.

I will admit Linage 1 was around for quite a while and had a bit of a following so I'll take it off the list.  Can't speak about Lineage 2 so I'll give it a reprieve , but I've been playing gw2 since it was started.  It just doesn't have as many players at it did when it was started.  Add to that, ncsoft decided to make us pay for the major update at full price but gave away the content that was already existing for free to new sign ups.  ticked of a lot of players.  I refused to update with the new content just for that reason.

honestly, I'm about to drop out of that game too.  IMO, it flopped too.  Got to admit though glad I did find the engineer and played it seriously.  Something about dropping turrets and pulling mobs into them is fun.
No Surrender!