Author Topic: How old are you?  (Read 21460 times)

Lava-Lad

• Minion
Re: How old are you?
« Reply #60 on: September 01, 2014, 04:32:24 AM »
45 now and 35 when I started playing (I3... The hollows and khleds were new).  Had to make a second account for my daughter who loved all the dark powers and warshades.  We would sometimes team and play our own sound track of Joy Division, Peter Murphy, Siouxsie Sioux, etc.  Hopefully the game comes back and I can introduce my new grandson to it (and hopefully he won't be so dark)!

ukaserex

• Elite Boss
« Reply #61 on: September 01, 2014, 08:53:03 PM »
Are you guys all old hippies?

I'm older - but not yet old. I'm 47, but I'm going on 20. Honest, I ...suffer? from what you might call an arrested development. I got divorced at 27, so my therapist tells me that's why I like girls who are 20-30. I always thought it was because they were pretty.

Seriously, I'm no hippy. I'm ...probably considered by my friends to be so conservative, I'm uptight. I have had the same flattop haircut (Think Howie Long's haircut) since 1987. I shave every day. I would make my bed, but I use it every night, so despite my years in the military, I never picked up that habit.
I'm also one of the very few people I know that thought (and still thinks so) that Star Wars was one of the worst movies ever made, made even worse because so many people liked it - which made me wonder what was wrong with me that I disliked it so bad, I walked out in the middle. Yeah, talking about the one that came out in...1977, I think.

I am what some might generously call a passionate player. I played the market with great success. Ended up with over 100 billion inf. Would have had more, but I spent a lot of it building ridiculous second builds and donating to costume contests. I also yelled at people for messing up in my badge iTrials. But only because they were illiterate! I knew they couldn't read what I was saying, because if they could have, why did they run past me and blow up that bomb in the UGT? That's my story and I'm sticking to it....

However, now that the game is gone and I don't have anyone to yell at anymore...I kind of miss it, and regret some of my temper tantrums. Only some of them, though.

Most immature 47 year old ever, I'm sure! :gonk:
Those who have no idea what they are doing genuinely have no idea that they don't know what they're doing. - John Cleese

Brightfires

• Elite Boss
  • ... is *NOT* Groot
« Reply #62 on: September 02, 2014, 05:48:35 AM »
I'm more on the old hippie-chick end of things.  ;D

I'm 42, about as socially/politically liberal as the come, and sort-of one of those "earth mother" types. In a geekish, slightly neat-freak kind of way. 

I was more of a concept player than a power-gamer, and frankly... I was never all that good at the game. I was as much of a klutz in digital form as I am off-line. But I tried the best I could, and that was usually good enough. The City community was more forgiving of questionable players than most, and I do miss that.
Taker of screenshots. Player of bird-things.

JimGee

• Underling
« Reply #63 on: September 04, 2014, 07:04:07 PM »
<Not an old hippy... but here because of one>

I grew up with this game. I'm not kidding, this was the first (of too many) games I ever remember playing. My dad played once in a while, and one day I asked if I could try it. He went and found some white baddies, and told me which numbers to hit as I sat in his lap (I was about 3 years old). I died. Still, it's one of my most powerful memories to date.

I kept bugging him, and when I was 6, I had a little computer in my mom and dad's office (they worked at home) to play with. My dad allowed me to use my mother's account (she wasn't terrifically fond of the game, but enjoyed playing Defender a lot) if I asked. It wasn't until I was eight until I could play at my own free will.

Side note: I was level 12, and over 2 levels in debt. I was not very smart ingame, and once or twice I actually told some people that I was 8 years old. (I've learned my lesson since, but people were surprisingly nice about it).

By the time I was 10, I was obsessed. I constantly annoyed my dad about the game until he got me to shut up for a short while by giving me Half-Life and his steam account.

Another mistake on his part. Not only did I grow just as obsessed with that franchise, I lost interest in CoH. It wasn't until I heard it was going to be shut down that I started playing again, and I actually got my character from 24 to 38 (one of my regrets is never getting to 50).

I'm not able to, but my dad has been in the game since the beta (he actually has Prima's guide, holding it right now), and has thrown money at Missing Worlds, and does everything I wish I could do to help the game come back. He may not know it, but he's the reason I'm such a nerd.

(My dad's cooler than yours.)

JennSpace

• Lieutenant
« Reply #64 on: October 17, 2014, 07:30:14 PM »
I'm 25 and was 16 when I started playing Vilains! With the years I only improved, in all points! ;) I just hope it won't take until I'm 34 before we our game back... O.O
Missed in action in the Rikti War Zone, almost 2 years ago.

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
  • CoH global: @Kristoff von Gelmini
« Reply #65 on: September 30, 2015, 01:55:36 AM »
I recently celebrated 55!  So I am now letting it be known that I regard myself now as being officially middle-aged, in that while if I have to live beyond 110, okay, but Quality over Quantity, baby!

PS. I am not quite old enough to be a hippie but am friends with many; they were the (much) cooler (think: kewler) older brothers and sisters of my childhood peers.   I still think it's groovy!  Peace.   :)
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #66 on: September 30, 2015, 02:19:26 AM »
I'm this many (holds up three fingers).

Nyghtshade

• HERC Advisor
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #67 on: October 01, 2015, 03:06:46 PM »

Lord Nightmare

• Minion
« Reply #68 on: October 01, 2015, 03:11:45 PM »
Pffft.. look at all these dinosaurs. How can you defend your city when you require a walker and an oatmeal breakfast?

The Nightmare is in the very virile age of his 20s with many years of evil ahead of me! Don't be disheartened though, I shall pity you and not perform acts of darkness after 6pm. Seniors require their rest after all, MWAHAHAHAHAHA!

Nyghtshade

• HERC Advisor
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #69 on: October 01, 2015, 04:48:35 PM »
Pffft.. look at all these dinosaurs. How can you defend your city when you require a walker and an oatmeal breakfast?

The Nightmare is in the very virile age of his 20s with many years of evil ahead of me! Don't be disheartened though, I shall pity you and not perform acts of darkness after 6pm. Seniors require their rest after all, MWAHAHAHAHAHA!
I don't know, Vitruvius kicked some butt with his walker. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBtEDBnUQkQ

So OK, yes, he also died.  But he came back.   :)

RGladden

• Boss
« Reply #70 on: October 01, 2015, 11:17:36 PM »
I started playing in 2005 at the age of 52.  One of my sons got the game for Christmas...a gift from his brother.  I had never played an MMO, being largely uninterested in the types of games they usually played....but I was intrigued by CoH because I'm a comic book geek from my earliest days.  Now....I'm 62 yairs of age, and pining for the only MMO I ever really got hooked on.  <sigh>

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #71 on: October 02, 2015, 04:17:10 AM »
I'm this many, now (holds up four fingers).

Flamazing Sally

• Minion
« Reply #72 on: October 05, 2015, 03:02:16 PM »
I am 70.  I continue to hold onto the hope that I will fly in my City again.  Please...Please.. I just want to fly before I forget what a 'mouse' is.  :o

chuckv3

• Elite Boss
« Reply #73 on: October 05, 2015, 03:31:43 PM »
I thought I had already replied to this, but I cannot find it.

I'm 52, and obviously my mind is already starting to slip (like thinking I posted somewhere when apparently I didn't).

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #74 on: October 06, 2015, 01:47:07 AM »
I am 70.  I continue to hold onto the hope that I will fly in my City again.  Please...Please.. I just want to fly before I forget what a 'mouse' is.  :o

One can fly in Paragon Chat.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #75 on: December 24, 2015, 09:29:49 PM »
Who cares how old one might be?
As long as you're above ground, it's a good day.
(That's why I bought a mausoleum.)

Adipup

• Underling
  • interests include: dying and being dead
« Reply #76 on: December 24, 2015, 10:39:59 PM »
i'm 18, but turning 19 in less than a month :P

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
« Reply #77 on: December 25, 2015, 01:50:28 AM »
*stomps hoof 67 times....allows you to stay on my lawn*
Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #78 on: December 26, 2015, 04:50:36 AM »
old enough to complain about "kids these days"
not quite old enough to say "get off my lawn!!!"
just shy oof old enough to say "....back in my days!!!!"

:p

ricodah

• Boss
« Reply #79 on: December 26, 2015, 11:12:47 AM »
42 going on dead. 
Old enough I don't call my knees the left and right anymore, they're called the good knee and the bum knee. 
So old that when I cough, I throw out my back and then my hip and shoulder follow simultaneously. 
Getting close to the age where the cost of the birthday candles is more than the cake. 
Old enough that the photos my dad does not recall posing for are actually pictures of me. 
I'm so old that I remember watching the Simpsons... When it was on The Tracy Ullman Show.
Finger cramps up when scrolling for my birth year on a website that requires an age verification check.
So old that I think Gears of War is a rip off of Contra (Up, up, down, down, left, right, left right, B, A!)
I'm so old that some of my favorite songs are played in elevators.
So old that I'm not at loud parties, I'm the grumpy neighbor calling the police.
My definition of happy hour is a one hour nap.
Your secrets are safe with me because I won't remember them.
My joints are more accurate than meteorologists.