Author Topic: Story time. (Write your funniest COH story.)  (Read 3084 times)

ZoeyLovecraft90

• Lieutenant
Story time. (Write your funniest COH story.)
« on: April 14, 2014, 11:13:42 PM »
This one is a bit of a funny story.
Back before I made Zoey Lovecraft on Virtue I was known as Abbey Nex on Protector.
I was a Dark Electric Defender. I think the year was 2007 or 2008.
I remember hitting level 20 and going into a place called Siren's Call
I soon learned what it meant to be Assassinated... A lot.. I left
I was so angered by my experience in Siren's Call that I swore to find a way to kill those little cowards without becoming one of them.
I had to get to level 50. It took me months back in those days.. Before AE.
I remember hitting 50 and using the respec I had saved.
I didn't have much Influence but I DID have a goal.
My mission was to go to Siren's Call again and teach those stupid Stalkers a lesson.
I put every penny I had into a fully slotted "Teleport Foe" build.
I had solid damage too. As good as it got back then. Great debuff and a paralyze.
I flew to Siren's. I remember it clearly.
I zoned in and got to the top of the hero hospital right next to the police drone.
There was a tank running around the street below me. I sent him a tell.
"Cookie4U if U bait stalker into my trap"
"I see no trap"
"Exactly"
">:D"
He gets it...
So he stand in the middle of the street acting afk, lets stalker after stalker Strike him. After every strike he put them in a daze. I think he was Energy Melee. I targeted the Stalker and teleported them right into the police drone and watched them fry.
It was so satisfying. I remember the guy who was baiting for me telling me he can barely breath because of laughter. And that he needed a break. I said
"ok just one more"
Next stalker
BOOM!
PUNCH!
DAZE!
FLASH!
ZIP!
ZAP!
FRY!
His dead body didn't disappear. He didn't go back to the hospital.
Instead hetold me how much of a Bleep! I am and hit a wakie..
Right in front of the police drone.
At this point I had my 3 friends behind me who got me hooked on this game. 40 year old men.
All laughing with each kill.
They saw him hit the wakie in front of the police drone.
once
twice
three times
and yes.. A forth time before finally going to the hospital.
I can imagine the Exp debt he got.. And the lost Influence..
He got what he deserved.. For being a stalker.

That's the only time I've ever truly enjoyed Pvp.
I ended up calling it "Fishing" and making jokes about it often.

As for stalkers. I think they were a perfect example of a broken class.
A class which lots of games are plagued with.
True story.

Night-Hawk07

• Elite Boss
Re: Story time. (Write your funniest COH story.)
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2014, 07:00:14 AM »
Let me see if I can find the story of when I forgot I was on a new character, and ninja jumped off a skyscraper.....

Ah, here we go.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 07:17:43 AM by Night-Hawk07 »

Minotaur

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2014, 05:27:22 PM »
I can only respond to your PvP story with one of my own. I didn't PvP much and was usually on a stone tank who could stand up to a stalker and pretty much AFK at the time before the changes, was in RV. Stalker brings a heavy, invisible troller sees what's happening and thinks there's some fun to be had. I'm not sure if they confused the stalker or the heavy but the fight abruptly ended when the stalker was shot in the back by his own heavy, much to the amusement of all 3 participants after the initial WTF from the stalker.

Reiraku

• Boss
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2014, 08:06:30 PM »

I can imagine the Exp debt he got.. And the lost Influence..
He got what he deserved.. For being a stalker.

None. Police drones don't give debt.

Reiraku

• Boss
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2014, 08:28:49 PM »
So I was in Siren's, and I see someone just standing in the zone. I port next to them, BU+AS+ET and down they go like clockwork. I shortly get a tell afterwards.

"OMG! Why u hide?"

"It's part of my secondary."

"I mean I can't even see u on /whoall"

"It's a good secondary."

Twisted Toon

• New Efforts # 13,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2014, 10:08:04 PM »
This isn't a story about me. A friend of mine had created a Stone Tank and was doing a mission in one of the PvP zones. Not that she normally participated in PvP. She had just come out of a mission and was figuring out where to go next, then headed off to her destination. Only to be TP'd back to the mission door and attacked by another player. She didn't really want to PvP, so she took off towards her next objective again. And was TP'd back to the mission door and attacked again. This went on a couple of more times when she finally got fed up and attacked the guy that was TPing her. He promptly fled, never to be seen again.

Another story (this one about me) is back during the CoV beta event, just before it's release. There was a huge mass of players duking it out in Siren's Call. I was playing an Ice controller with fly. My self appointed goal was to invite as many stalkers that wanted to AS me to join the melee battle going on far below. I had stacked so much +Perception that I'd see the Stalker (in hide) fly up to me and start his attack. Then, I'd hit him with a -fly wrapped in a hold or immobilize. I don't think they lasted too long once they hit the ground.
Hope never abandons you, you abandon it. - George Weinberg

Hope ... is not a feeling; it is something you do. - Katherine Paterson

Nobody really cares if you're miserable, so you might as well be happy. - Cynthia Nelms

Black Pebble

• Paragon
  • Minion
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2014, 10:39:21 PM »
When we were demoing Going Rogue to press, I found that I'd keep getting one-shot every hour or so. I couldn't figure it out. I'd be standing still running through the tutorial and then boom, I'd die. I figured it was a bug, and was annoyed that the dev team still didn't fix it after almost a month!

Then I realized that you could put Self-Destruction on auto-cast.

Kriiden

• Lieutenant
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2014, 12:09:24 AM »
When we were demoing Going Rogue to press, I found that I'd keep getting one-shot every hour or so. I couldn't figure it out. I'd be standing still running through the tutorial and then boom, I'd die. I figured it was a bug, and was annoyed that the dev team still didn't fix it after almost a month!

I remember meeting you guys at some sort of event. I'm not sure if I showed you or someone else, but we were running a pretty early alpha of the new tutorial for the starting zones. When we finally made it out and into a broken (test environment) version of Atlas, I figured I'd see if the devs had disabled the GM commands for Alpha version.

They didn't. I proceeded to run around at level one in the middle of an empty Atlas Park with Granite armor. Pretty amusing, at least to myself.

*Sigh* Good times.

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2014, 04:32:18 PM »
Since this started with a PvP story, I'll share one. I was on my fire blaster in Siren's, with the old version of Defiance (the lower your health, the more damage you do). This was a pretty sweet thing with Blaze, since I was a little squishy, and it had some nice damage numbers. Anyways, there were times when I got a little desperate, and used flight->fall->defiance boost! to take out some villains (I got pretty good at aiming where I was falling, too). Anyways, I tried this to get my bounty, who was in a pack of villains. So I fly above them, untoggle fly, and fall, preparing to mash blaze and take out at least one bad guy.

Unfortunately, they had placed caltrops on the ground.

So my 1 HP was immediately gone, and one of the villains said one of the funniest things I've seen in game: "What is this zone coming to? Now we've got dead blasters falling from the sky."
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

Eoraptor

• Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2014, 06:36:30 PM »
Since this started with a PvP story, I'll share one. I was on my fire blaster in Siren's, with the old version of Defiance (the lower your health, the more damage you do). This was a pretty sweet thing with Blaze, since I was a little squishy, and it had some nice damage numbers. Anyways, there were times when I got a little desperate, and used flight->fall->defiance boost! to take out some villains (I got pretty good at aiming where I was falling, too). Anyways, I tried this to get my bounty, who was in a pack of villains. So I fly above them, untoggle fly, and fall, preparing to mash blaze and take out at least one bad guy.

Unfortunately, they had placed caltrops on the ground.

So my 1 HP was immediately gone, and one of the villains said one of the funniest things I've seen in game: "What is this zone coming to? Now we've got dead blasters falling from the sky."
Okay, that one is golden, and worthy of any cartoon villain.
"Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story, while others can read the back of a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe!"
-Lex Luthor

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
  • CoH global: @Kristoff von Gelmini
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2014, 08:19:52 PM »

ROFL!
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

MaskedShrike

• Underling
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2014, 04:32:29 AM »
CoH was my first MMO. As an old-school gamer and pen-and-paper roleplayer, I spent a lot of time crafting my character concept, designing her look, and writing out her biography. Luckily I met up with some great RPers early on, and I started to tag along with them.

One evening I was running some missions with these folks, and before long, someone announced they needed a quick bio break. Soon someone else said the same thing, and all evening different people were regularly calling a halt to take bio breaks.

I remember feeling so inadequate, thinking, "Wow, I am so out of my depth. These people REALLY take their character biographies seriously--they are updating them after every mission!"

It wasn't until some time later that I found out what a 'bio break' actually was.

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2014, 04:56:10 AM »
I remember feeling so inadequate, thinking, "Wow, I am so out of my depth. These people REALLY take their character biographies seriously--they are updating them after every mission!"

It wasn't until some time later that I found out what a 'bio break' actually was.

That's awesome! I love it ;D

Eoraptor

• Elite Boss
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2014, 04:58:57 AM »
Don't feel bad, I did much the same thing :D
"Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story, while others can read the back of a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe!"
-Lex Luthor

Minotaur

• Elite Boss
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2014, 07:04:44 AM »
Could be worse, a biologist friend set his global up as @Bio boy and there were a number of jokes that went a long way over his head for a while till he cottoned on to the other meaning.

JKPhage

• Lieutenant
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2014, 02:13:24 AM »
My favorite poetic moment in COH happened near the start of my career. I was a member of a super group that a good friend of mine had formed and we were the only ones online out of our little group. We decided we wanted to run a Posi TF for the badge + xp, but found ourselves lacking in people, so we asked around steel for any volunteers, even pointing out that they didn't have to stay, just join long enough for us to start the TF and then they could bounce. We got two volunteers, start the mission, and the first one drops. Second one tells us she's on her way, and we're cool with that, though a little worried about the sheer ridiculous numbers that will be thrown at us, as this was Posi back before the revamp, a.k.a. the "Do You Want to Die Fast or Faster?" TF. That point aside, she's a defender so we're thinking "Sweet, some buffs and maybe a heal now and then!" as we were a scrapper and blaster ourselves. We get to the mission and pop inside to check things out, waiting for her to show up. As we sat there voice chatting on skype and waiting for this mysterious helper, we see this garish blaze of pastel pink, yellow and green go whizzing past us trailing sparkles only to realize that it's our pick-up team mate.

We're wearing matching SG costumes, looking ready to whoop some villains in style, and she is a "The Easter Bunny threw up on me" badly proportioned, 4-foot-something chick with blue fairy wings and full body heavy sparkles aura. Basically she looks like a joke toon that somebody made for lulz. Whatever, we chuckle about it and say hi in-game, then proceed to charge on in. We made it through the first mission just bulldozing and nothing was out of the ordinary. Cue mission two. The mission from hell. The business office packed so full of ghosts that you can die in two seconds flat from the sheer force of twenty ghosts shrieking at you, not to mention the fifty extra mages and demons. She apparently decided at this point that she was a tank and charged ahead of both of us into the mob. I play blapper-style, so I'm well-equipped to handle drops and debt, I come with a full tray of wakies, this girl is literally charging in on a force field defender and dropping instantly, plus alerting the entire map to our presence so WE drop as well. This went on for the rest of the mission despite continued gentle suggestions (which eventually became flat out warnings) that she needed to let me pull, let the scrapper lead into the mob, and to not charge out into rooms and pull seven mobs at once.

We finally (after an HOUR!!!) finished the second mission, and without a second thought, kicked the offensive-looking fairy from our team with not a word to her. As we were on our way to the third mission, she broadcasts to the entirety of Steel Canyon: "What happen?!"

True to our nerdiness, about sixteen people simultaneously responded in broadcast "SOMEONE SET UP US THE BOMB!" Took us another ten minutes to get to our mission after we recovered from the fit of hysterics we collapsed into. I love this community.

Chance Jackson

• Lieutenant
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2014, 03:03:01 AM »
CoH was my first MMO. As an old-school gamer and pen-and-paper roleplayer, I spent a lot of time crafting my character concept, designing her look, and writing out her biography. Luckily I met up with some great RPers early on, and I started to tag along with them.

One evening I was running some missions with these folks, and before long, someone announced they needed a quick bio break. Soon someone else said the same thing, and all evening different people were regularly calling a halt to take bio breaks.

Win
Chance Jackson was my Global, I mostly played on Triumph Toons: LIEGE CHEETATRON X - Bots/Traps/Mu lvl 50 +3; DOWN RIGHT FIERCE - SJ/Fire/Soul Brute lvl 50 +3; FIGHT OF YOUR LIFE -KM/Nin/Fire Stalker lvl 50 +3; TIME MAY CHANGE ME - Time/Sonic/Dark; INFERNAL SAMURAI - DB/Fire/Fire lvl 50 +3 replaced by "NITORYU" - DB/WP probably a brute; THUNDEROUS BRUTE - Elec/Shield Scrapper; And Many More!