Author Topic: Been too long but need to ask...  (Read 5522 times)

Spadra

• Underling
Been too long but need to ask...
« on: April 24, 2014, 03:59:10 PM »
Hello Heroes!

Much like everyone else over the last 2 years I have recently hit the CoX withdrawal wall... Again. To counter this me and a few guys from my old SG decided to use Icon and Mids to show off the characters we had wanted to role but never did. My CoX install with Icon are on my Mac and my friend swears up and down there use to be a Mac port of Mid's. I have yet to find it but thought I would ask for clarity.

Thanks for reading and keep the hope alive!

Best
- Spadra

EDIT:

Okay, so what I should be asking is IF anyone has successfully created a Wine ports for Mid's. I am currently trying to port the 1.960 setup. The issue I am experiencing is figuring out WHERE to install once the Mid's installer launches. I have tried the Applications folder in both the D and Z drives that show up but at which point I get a  Wine error log. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 07:57:30 PM by Spadra »

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
Re: Been too long but need to ask...
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2014, 02:55:38 AM »
There has never been a Mac Mids. I have no idea how to do any porting.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Spadra

• Underling
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2014, 11:02:49 AM »
Thanks for the reply! I figured as much, luckily I have a boot camp win7 partition so it's just a matter of rebooting. I am sure I am not the first to ask about a wine port.IF I have any luck I will let everyone know.

chuckv3

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2014, 05:35:34 PM »
WINE is also not the only way to run Windows programs. For certain things, like Flash development, I actually run VirtualBox, which acts as a virtual PC (running inside a virtual hardware within your current O/S, but you can map through things like USB and you can map network drives back to the real HDD). What I do with that, for example, is run Ubuntu, and have one of the 4 desktop spaces running Win7, so I can move back and forth between Ubuntu and Windows at will, all on one machine. Of course with Windows and Mac OS you need a valid license/key in order to install it into the virtual machine.

Sgt_Liberty

• Underling
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2014, 03:51:42 PM »
Isn't Mids .NET?  If so, it probably wouldn't be TOO bad to port it to Mono.

Spadra

• Underling
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2014, 12:43:32 AM »
Isn't Mids .NET?  If so, it probably wouldn't be TOO bad to port it to Mono.

Mono? I'm all ears lol