Author Topic: So... what are you toons doing while waiting for the rebirth of Paragon City..  (Read 47645 times)

kaaduu1280

• Minion
I treated the shutdown as an abandoning of the city by everything that populated it. Most of my characters have moved on; Some tried to find other places to be and failed pretty bad, others have simply returned home, others simply find they can't leave.

Yimira still lives in her home near the top of the Eden spire, training down below alone, Darkstar Kaaduu and Jane Takina both are making sure that Pocket D remains intact, and Jason Takina, her brother, continues to learn more about magic and train, making sure he doesn't slip back to laziness, each one of them waiting for the word that the cities are up and running again.
"Do not attribute to Malice what can instead be attributed to Stupidity." -NakaTeleeli

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
I treated the shutdown as an abandoning of the city by everything that populated it. Most of my characters have moved on; Some tried to find other places to be and failed pretty bad, others have simply returned home, others simply find they can't leave.

Yimira still lives in her home near the top of the Eden spire, training down below alone, Darkstar Kaaduu and Jane Takina both are making sure that Pocket D remains intact, and Jason Takina, her brother, continues to learn more about magic and train, making sure he doesn't slip back to laziness, each one of them waiting for the word that the cities are up and running again.

The way I treat it, is the dimention is in a time freeze, everything is frozen while the servers are shut down and no one is running it in universe, so my characters are elsewhere.  Some get ticked off at me for that(as some nay-saying buttheads that generally seem to be HAPPY the game shut down try to roleplay it as being destroyed, and I end up reading it as they are talking as if it's a GOOD thing as they act completely heartless, at least, thats how I get it from one CO player that left a sour taste to me), others understand me.  Thing is I feel the game couldn't remain shut down forever, in fact I know it couldn't as it was to popular to really be shut down.

So my characters, when I'm roleplaying them, they just say the dimention is time frozen, wherever they are.  My toons currently fly the cities of metropolis and Gotham city(I don't roleplay there though), as I was left very bored of CO and CO's numerous problems and signs of decay repeatedly burn me(even more since I used to really like that game).
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Luna Eclypse

• New Efforts # 9,000!
  • Boss
  • Follow my on Twitter @LunaEclypse
    • Luna Eclypse on VirtueVerse
The way I treat it, is the dimention is in a time freeze, everything is frozen while the servers are shut down and no one is running it in universe, so my characters are elsewhere.  Some get ticked off at me for that(as some nay-saying buttheads that generally seem to be HAPPY the game shut down try to roleplay it as being destroyed, and I end up reading it as they are talking as if it's a GOOD thing as they act completely heartless, at least, thats how I get it from one CO player that left a sour taste to me), others understand me.  Thing is I feel the game couldn't remain shut down forever, in fact I know it couldn't as it was to popular to really be shut down.

So my characters, when I'm roleplaying them, they just say the dimention is time frozen, wherever they are.  My toons currently fly the cities of metropolis and Gotham city(I don't roleplay there though), as I was left very bored of CO and CO's numerous problems and signs of decay repeatedly burn me(even more since I used to really like that game).

Aww, don't be down on everyone that considered the city destroyed. My idea of it's annihilation wasn't complete destruction, just total evacuation with lots of property damage. If we get the game back, The Menders of Ouroboros fixed everything. ;)

And if I apply a bit of your outlook to it, it could be like the total span of land that makes up Paragon is inside of it's own time-space where, inside of it, time is moving forward normally for those left behind but, from the outside looking in, it appears frozen.
"The Remarkable Dazzling"
Luna Eclypse

katycat737

• Underling
First post  8) on this site

I know this sounds a bit grim,  but my character (name was Raider  with a random ' somewhere) died.

Drop dead. Even I don't know how he died  :'(

He was Dual Pistol/Thermal because I loved playing healer and when DP came out, it looked smooth and was a great experience compared to my REALLY old mental dominator. (who is also dead)

I can start fresh (if CoX comes back). I finally have a way to name my characters without sounding ridiculously idiotic. It's my first name + random common name. Or one of my real life friend's name. I used to play the original (and still do!) Guild Wars and used the same naming convention but thought it was really lame since I was young so I made up "cooler" names (which I think are lame now that I'm older).

Allondro

• Underling
Rachel Goldstein graduated from Nukem High and went to Harvard, where she obtained a degree in Corporate Law, which she uses to file cease and desist orders against Crey Industries. She also uses her Plant Controller abilities to grow organic vegetables.

icecigal

• Underling
I'd be thrilled to just start fresh with all of my characters. If I do happen to get them all back then I guess I'll figure out things then.

Power Gamer

• Elite Boss
  • Reaching troubled youth...one Hellion at a time!
My toons are as they were b4 shutdown.

On the top of Atlas, facing the sunrise. Looking for injustice where ever it may be found, in all corners of Paragon.

In the halls of the hospitals, healing and treating the sick, maimed and broken-hearted.

Skulking around the sewers, cleaning out the denizens of evil.

Wherever faith must be restored, that is where they are. *salutes*
It takes a village to raise a child. And it takes a villain to explain the value of lunch money.

-Random CoHer: "Why does the sky turn green during Rikti invasions?"
-Me:"Rikti Monkey farts"
-Random CoHer: "I'm going to you for all my questions from now on!"

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
My main leapt into a portal, only to find herself in the Champions Universe. Only to find herself surrounded by other Paragon heroes and villains waiting for the Portal to go back home to open. She found new Champions Universe willing to leap through to go to Paragon. Most of my character jumped through as well by was caught by the keeper of time and are frozen. Four of my character are holding the line against the Rikti, and a few have been working with  Portal Corp and Tina McIntire to fix the portals.
In the aftermath of Doomsday the Portal Corp, is in ruins as is the rest of the world. The Hamidon has gone dormant, the forces for Praetoria has been decimated with most of the old guard leaders dead or missing, and its Hamidon is rampaging across the planet.
One day the Phoenix will rise again.

Wammo

• Lieutenant
Meryl is sitting on the the porch back home in Louisiana eating collard greens and polk salad seasoned with just the right amount of bacon and pepper sauce. Of course cornbread and buttermilk are given with such a feast for a main course. He is relaxing, waiting and reminiscing. Oh, he knows the day will come when it is time to use his claws again on some misguided, against all odds battle of the ages for the hope of all mankind. But until then mama's sweet potato pie and the sweet sound of the wind chimes will give him all the rest he needs to meet tomorrow's opportunity to be the hero again.

Thunder Glove

• Elite Boss
Non-evil alternate dimensional counterparts of a couple of my villains showed up in CO, but they were explicitly different characters (who just happened to have the same names, similar appearances, similar backgrounds, and weirdly reversed backstories).

In my mind, my CoH heroes and villains were right where they always were, doing what they were doing.  I'm just not able to log in and experience it with them.

ivanhedgehog

• New Efforts # 25,000!
  • Elite Boss
In my mind, my characters have been busy volunteering their services rebuilding ravaged areas while protecting the citizens.

the beaches of cozumel needed to be protected.....really...

Blackshear

• Lieutenant
Realistically?  Living quiet lives in the XML files that SentinalPlus deposited onto my hard drive.  Copies of them are leading an equally peaceful existence backed up on my second drive and on a couple of flash drives.  Of course, those versions of them may never live again.  Their costumes are still lovingly saved in my never-deleted CoH folder, so if they must be reborn at level 1 their appearances will not change.

Most of my initial toons were takes on various Champions tabletop characters of mine, all of whom still exist whenever somebody busts out the six siders and the mapboard, so if CoH never returns they will live on.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 02:25:25 AM by Mike D »

Nealix

• Lieutenant
Major Opposition is training in street fighting waiting for his return.  He plans to forget martial arts entirely.

Deep Dive is planning for forget Poison and go with Sonic or some other secondary that might make sense for a water themed corrupter.

Steelguard

• Underling
Steelguard is standing on a rooftop with his arms crossed, staring at the skyline.

Crazyleo

• Minion
Simika (aka Tek) (various toons covering a wide spectrum of ATs) has been deactivated due to some zone wide calaterial damage while taking out AI based threats. Her mentor died in one such incident. (Never got to make him, but he would have been a DP/MM blaster)

The-Pendragon

• Underling
SWORD-WRAITH is making appearances in various cities around the country..once again make Evil know fear...mainly in the Pacific Northwest...dealing with some of the worst that the alternate earth he is on has to offer.  His continued thwarting of the group calling itself VIPER has drew the attention of several high powered individuals of both good and evil nature.  His most spectacular battle was with a villain known as HELL RIDER and his pack of Malcontents.  The Rider discovered that though his power to summon a weapon at will..it did not prevent it from being broken by Swords masterful sword fighting skills.

NYGHTMARE has gone into seclusion with his latest Grimoire..aspiring to take his new world by force of magic.  It is also rumored that GHOST WIDOW has somehow pierced the veil between his world and Paragon in an attempt to steal said Grimoire for her own needs.

The rest....give me some time :)

Ryo Kinsaru

• Lieutenant
     The Kinsaru family is hiding out in Cap and not-so-randomly venturing out to pillage the weakened city at their leisure. Their horde of looted goods can only be described as monumental, and their absolute control over what remains is very satisfying but somehow hollow. Ryo patrols at night, doing things to the remaining Rikti that would make a surgeon vomit into their little white mask. Their screams, sounds of tearing and thrashing, and his throaty laughter fill the night sky of the Rogue Isles. He resents their arrogance, as he resents anyone arrogant enough to think they have the right to be more arrogant than him.
     Shinji spends the daylight hours stealthing around the city at hyper-velocity looking for those few invaders that remain and making things go quickly and silently black for them. Being the quiet introvert that he is, he is more at peace with himself and what has happened than the others. He understands that the universe is not random, and that the reason for everything that happens will reveal itself if you stop talking long enough to listen.
     Akira stays in the hideout most of the time, her crossed swords never out of reach. She waits for a call from one of the family that there is a worthwhile reason to venture out. She is above her brothers' vengeful anger and simply awaits her inevitable return to action. With their grandfather gone she seems to have lost focus but her skills are intact and somehow as sharp and deadly as ever. She's waiting for something, and waiting to find out what it is.
I can't think of anything clever to place here as I am currently over-caffeinated on very little sleep. All the cool people have a signature, so I will drop random text here trying to fit in.

Shifter

• Boss
Shifter gained great powers in a freak accident and immediately started utilizing them. He has been stumbling on new abilities over time, but never once did he actually stop to focus on learning the extent of these powers. "Am I at my full potential, or am I simply running on instinct?" This has been really bothering him, so much so, that he has decided to leave everything behind in order to focus on finding the true extent of his powers. He packed his bags, and left for an unknown location/time.
Stone Tank
Freedom Server

Ankhammon

• Elite Boss
I'm not exactly sure what the characters have been doing but I've been feverishly trying to come up with a back story for a Nature Affinity/Dual Pistols char that I will create on day 1.

More importantly, a back story and look for ultra bloomy Nature Affinity and "you make me feel like dancing" Dual Pistols that is not depressingly Disney in origin. :)
Cogito, Ergo... eh?

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
I'm not exactly sure what the characters have been doing but I've been feverishly trying to come up with a back story for a Nature Affinity/Dual Pistols char that I will create on day 1.

More importantly, a back story and look for ultra bloomy Nature Affinity and "you make me feel like dancing" Dual Pistols that is not depressingly Disney in origin. :)
could do a story like your Na/Dp started out as a cop or something like that, chased a villain and fell into a unknown experiment where he gained the power of nature :)
One day the Phoenix will rise again.