Author Topic: Dragon Con 2014  (Read 6449 times)

Graphite

• Lieutenant
Dragon Con 2014
« on: April 28, 2014, 02:00:21 PM »
Last night (4-27-2014) some on suggested that we do a CoX Meet up at Dragon Con 2014.  That's Aug 29 - Sept 1, same weekend as The Announcement.  I say we work to make it happen.

This is be an entirely social event due to the news in this thread:  http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,9675.0.html

I don't care if you don't have a ticket to the event.  GET THERE
I don't care if you don't have a room.  WE WILL FIND YOU ONE
I don't care if you don't have a costume.  YOU HAVE TIME TO MAKE ONE
I don't care if you don't know anyone.  YOU KNOW US

SHOW UP, BRING TORCHES, TAKE PICTURES

The purpose of this thread it to help organize these efforts.  If you are willing to offer support, please post what you have.  If you are willing to go, post what you need.

« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 05:47:22 AM by Aggelakis »

Graphite

• Lieutenant
Re: Call To Action: Dragon Con 2014
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2014, 02:01:19 PM »
Organizers:
?

Attending:
Lacklustre
Lacklustre's Dad
gothiclove
gothiclove's Son
Druid

Meet Up Events:
(Time/ Location)

Friday Lunch: Friday, Aug 29 2014 12:00 PM
Dragon Con Parade: Saturday, Aug 30 2014, 10:00 AM
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 03:55:56 PM by Graphite »

Graphite

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2014, 12:32:27 AM »
I am looking into reserving a Fan Table which should be free.  If you are interested in helping to man it, please post so.

http://www.dragoncon.org/?q=fan_application_form

Graphite

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2014, 05:31:14 PM »
Membership (4 day ticket price) Early Price ends May 16: http://store.dragoncon.org/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=26&products_id=781

As the forum just notified me, it has been over 10 days since anyone has posted.  If no one replies between now and the 16th, I'm cancelling the meet up... or at least not planning on going or helping to organize it.

TonyV

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • Paragon Wiki
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2014, 07:54:25 PM »
Have you posted messages on Facebook?  I know a lot of conversation goes on there, too.  Might catch some folks who are in the southeast region who plan to go.

Also, if you're thinking about going but wondering who famous will be there, here is the featured guest list.  (They'll probably book at least a few more folks leading up to the con, which is held over Labor Day weekend.)  I noticed that Richard Garriott is one of the features guests this year, I'd love to talk to him about the Ultima series and Tabula Rasa.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 08:15:24 PM by TonyV »

Dobosininja

• Underling
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2014, 02:35:02 PM »
I would be interested in dropping by as I will be there with my wife and we both played on triumph

Lacklustre

• Underling
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2014, 04:29:22 PM »
My dad and I have had tickets for Dragon*Con since last fall, we went last year hoping to find some kind of meet up for City- but all of the Facebook groups were radio quiet, I know that we'd both love to go to any kind of meet-up and chat about the good ol' days.
So I am in full support of a meet up of any kind!

I don't know if a fan table would be helpful or not though, it seems like there are very few people who would be truly interested in spending time at it with so much else going on in the convention. Man power might be hard to find because most people are in such go mode during the convention and they don't want to be held down at the table.
Plus since the "fandom" is so small, people might not even see or realize what the table is.

I suppose that being said, if someone was going to go through with the table and such, I'd be willing to devote a few hours durring the weekend to man it. (Working around the Indie Film Fest Track, it's one of the main reasons I attend the convention)
I can also work on a display for the table, or a banner or really anything else in that manner.

Perhaps the best idea would be to schedule an hour or two in the afternoon to meet somewhere in the hotels and chat, or maybe a meet-up for dinner/drinks somewhere (on Convention property) would be a better option.
We wouldn't have a 'hub' to meet at so to speak, but we could still see those who are interested in getting together.

Anyhow, what it boils down to is, I for one would absolutely love to see and meet other players and reminisce at Dragon*Con and anything I could do to make that happen, I am definitely game for. And the good news is, there is plenty of time to plan for it.

:D

gothiclove

• Underling
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2014, 01:24:33 PM »
My son is a non coher and he and I will be there on the outside showing our support with signs and torches

cygnata

• Minion
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2014, 05:15:37 AM »
Wish I could go, but no way to GET there. :P Plus that's the height of Back to School. :/

Graphite

• Lieutenant
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2014, 12:55:20 AM »
Less than 70 Days out.

Sorry to announce this folks, but I will not be able to make it to DragonCon, at least not this year.   I have a work engagement that I just won't be able to get away from.  This also means there will be no fan table.  I encourage everyone to still try to meet up.  I know members of the CohGuru will be there, though I don't know if they will attend any meet up.  My hope is that either Lacklustre or gothiclove will pick up the ball since they already stated they are going.  Having gone to NY Comic Con I suggest meeting up for lunch, say noon, on Friday and then go from there.  Another suggestion is to show up as a group at the Parade Line with Torches and Signs in hopes of seeing reactions.

Cheers and /em salute

Todogut

• Boss
    • Todogut on deviantART
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2014, 05:37:29 AM »

pogoman

• Vox Populi
  • Elite Boss
Re: Dragon Con 2014
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2014, 11:37:58 PM »
So, how was Dragon Con? I just found some stuff on youtube to watch. They have a bunch of interviews, some videos of the cosplayers, and they even have the entire costume parade to watch which I will try to do by tomorrow night some time. (Dragoncontv is the channel name on youtube.)

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2014, 09:11:15 PM »
Paragon Wiki's Twitter feed alerted me to this video of MWM's panel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmsNThG5JAE&feature=youtu.be
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

Todogut

• Boss
    • Todogut on deviantART
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2014, 09:35:21 PM »