Author Topic: New House Update.  (Read 3501 times)

Twisted Toon

• New Efforts # 13,000!
  • Elite Boss
New House Update.
« on: May 22, 2014, 02:24:38 AM »
We've got FLOORS!

...in the kitchen.

Tomorrow, they'll start on the bedrooms, and I still have to paint my room. Hoping I can get that done while they're working on other rooms, so I won't have to bother with a floor covering while I paint.

We're making some progress (as opposed to congress) on the house.  :)
Hope never abandons you, you abandon it. - George Weinberg

Hope ... is not a feeling; it is something you do. - Katherine Paterson

Nobody really cares if you're miserable, so you might as well be happy. - Cynthia Nelms

Solitaire

• Elite Boss
  • Badge Hunting
Re: New House Update.
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2014, 06:22:56 AM »
Good work, now have you got a moving date for us all to move in yet?  :P

beveri8469

• Boss
  • still inside atlas park hospital waiting to leave
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2014, 03:45:20 AM »
and will u have plenty of bacon for us
@Eternal Twilight
Now in Paragon

Twisted Toon

• New Efforts # 13,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2014, 03:50:38 AM »
Ummm...

Ok. The floors are in, and my room is painted.

Unfortunately, all the remaining rooms are all spoken for. No more vacancies.  :(

We still don't have a kitchen with cabinets and appliances, yet. They will be installed (hopefully) in a couple of weeks. Then we get to wait a couple of more weeks for the counter tops. If what I've been told was correct. Fortunately, with the floors in and the walls painted, I can start unpacking all my stuff.

Nobody really cares if you're miserable, so you might as well be happy. - Cynthia Nelms

Solitaire

• Elite Boss
  • Badge Hunting
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2014, 08:27:40 AM »
Ummm...

Ok. The floors are in, and my room is painted.

Unfortunately, all the remaining rooms are all spoken for. No more vacancies.  :(

We still don't have a kitchen with cabinets and appliances, yet. They will be installed (hopefully) in a couple of weeks. Then we get to wait a couple of more weeks for the counter tops. If what I've been told was correct. Fortunately, with the floors in and the walls painted, I can start unpacking all my stuff.

Sounds like things are going well, hopefully you should be up and running for when CoH makes a return  ;)

Twisted Toon

• New Efforts # 13,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2014, 04:32:43 PM »
The biggest hang-up was the floors. We really couldn't do anything without them. Other than close up some doorways and hang drywall.

And paint, of course.

WE had a few things that we had to get done before the floors could be put in though. Like clean the concrete were the floors were going to be of all the mortar and adhesive stuff so they would be "level" and be relatively smooth-ish. That was mainly for the tile that went into the kitchen and powder room.

microc

• Boss
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2014, 11:21:30 PM »
twisted before you move in in...call the local power and gas comp have them do a free energy audit. after they do look at there rebate and your local state for energy grants and loans. if your home is an older home they have grants and rebates for insulation and window replacements.
there also rebates and grants for heating and cooling. also fanny and fredi have energy loans and grants for home owners.

Twisted Toon

• New Efforts # 13,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2014, 05:07:56 AM »
We've been living in the (almost) house for over a month already.

Finally, things are looking like progress rather than a stalled demolition mess, though.

The powder room ( a half bath for those who didn't know ) is finished, except for the molding around the walls along the floor.

Once the kitchen cabinets get installed, we can unpack about half the boxes taking up residence in the living room.

The house is coming along. But, I'll be much happier when it's done. I don't like painting, installing toilets, or installing vanities.

Twisted Toon

• New Efforts # 13,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2014, 05:10:21 AM »
Ok, we finally have drywall up in the kitchen, and the inspector will come by tomorrow and (hopefully) give us the green-light on the drywall installation so we can start painting the walls in the kitchen. Then, Wednesday, the cabinets will be delivered. After the cabinets are installed (however long that will take and take goodness I won't have to do it) we can actually unpack the multitude of boxes that contain all of our dishes and other kitchen stuff and open up about half of rhe living room space for use.

I don't like Red Tape... :-\

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2014, 01:17:46 AM »
So when is Huge Laurie moving in?  Did Wilson die?  Wait, what?  Oh not House, M.D.  Sorry 'bout that.

Twisted Toon

• New Efforts # 13,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2014, 10:07:34 PM »
Good news everyone!

We have a fully functional kitchen as of yesterday afternoon. We even had our inaugural kitchen christening dinner to celebrate. there are a few cosmetic touches that still need to be done, like a back splash and things like that. But, after three months, we can finally cook real food in the kitchen.

One room down, several more to go.  :o

beveri8469

• Boss
  • still inside atlas park hospital waiting to leave
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2014, 01:09:39 AM »
congratulations. im glad things are starting to look up for ya with the house.
@Eternal Twilight
Now in Paragon

microc

• Boss
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2014, 08:09:22 AM »
can we get photos of you when you paint yourself into a corner... :)

Twisted Toon

• New Efforts # 13,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2014, 08:24:49 PM »
can we get photos of you when you paint yourself into a corner... :)
What, and let everyone know my secret Identity?

I have mopped myself into a corner a couple of times. Fortunately, one of my super powers is being able to sneak across a freshly mopped floor and leave very little evidence I was there. Once we get the back splash in, I'll link to a picture of the new kitchen for everyone to see.

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2014, 12:22:02 PM »
one of my super powers is being able to sneak across a freshly mopped floor and leave very little evidence I was there.

*tries to visualize*

Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

Twisted Toon

• New Efforts # 13,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2014, 02:18:48 AM »
Boggles the mind, doesn't it?  :o

Twisted Toon

• New Efforts # 13,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2014, 09:43:12 AM »
Update time.

The Kitchen is 99% complete. Just need the back splash installed.

We have had several home cooked meals made in that kitchen already.

In addition, we completed the entryway as well.

We had a bit of an unexpected start of a remodel in one of the bathrooms though. Seems that the hard water finally got the better of the faucet in the bathtub, and the darned thing started running almost full blast. So, we shut the water off at the main and installed cut-off valves on the lines to the tub. Then, since we already had a new tub waiting in the garage, we pulled out the old one, along with most of the walls around it, and dropped in the new one, with new shower paneling. We have managed to get the drain installed, next, we need to hook up the new faucet and shower-head, and put up some tile where the paneling doesn't cover the hole in the wall.

Sorry, no pics of the (halfway) new bathroom...yet.

Also, in the news. I lost my puppy.  :'( She managed to slip out of the house a few days ago and went exploring before anyone in the house noticed. We all miss her very much and still have hopes that she'll return to us soon. We've contacted several of the animal shelters around town and let them know about the situation, as well as some services that will help get the word out and let people know that there's a lost puppy looking for its home.

I miss my puppy.  :gonk:

microc

• Boss
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2014, 11:31:23 PM »
did you micro chip the puppy...helps if you did when someone finds the poor puppy. also dont forget to micro chip your kids...helps people return them to you :)

Twisted Toon

• New Efforts # 13,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2014, 03:37:30 AM »
did you micro chip the puppy...helps if you did when someone finds the poor puppy. also dont forget to micro chip your kids...helps people return them to you :)
She was a rescue was was chipped as soon as she was rescued. Of course, the chip will only help if someone actually takes the puppy to a shelter or Vet. I'm still hopeful that she'll come back. I'm even wearing my Blue Lantern shirt instead of the Green Lantern shirt.  :roll: