Author Topic: The Passing of a Hero  (Read 2243 times)

Rabgix

• Underling
The Passing of a Hero
« on: June 20, 2013, 05:25:41 AM »
I've just received news from some friends of mine, and confirmed it with others that we've lost another Hero today. Tre Chipman, known to many here as Ascendent from the Virtue server, has passed away today. I do not know the details of what happened, but it seems to have been from illness. May he rest in peace. Let the world know that a Hero has passed today.

Pheonyx

• Underling
Re: The Passing of a Hero
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2013, 05:31:14 AM »
I am... literally torn up about this news. He was a part of not just Virtue, but of City of Heroes. The devs gave a nod to him from his famous "pay phone monologues" in that NPCs would be on their phone and go "Ascendant who? You must have the wrong number". He was also the person who came up with the tagline for the Cape Radio of "You're not super, until you put on The Cape". He was a force in trying to save City of Heroes when the shutdown announcement came.

He will be sorely and deeply missed.

/e holdtorch

Ashes to ashes,
Pheonyx

downix

• Phoenix Project Technical Lead
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2013, 05:35:58 AM »
His service will be held next week at the Holy Cross Episcopal Church in Pensacola Florida. Once the date is known, I know I am sending my condolences.

toton

• Underling
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2013, 05:38:25 AM »
He was also the person who came up with the tagline for the Cape Radio of "You're not super, until you put on The Cape".
That's a neat bit of trivia, that's one of my favorite slogans of anywhere and I had no idea. He was a great writer and I hope his favorite nephew carries the torch.

Zekiran

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2013, 05:39:46 AM »
Yeah I just saw that on fb :(

/e holdtorch

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2013, 06:16:00 AM »
http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,8630.0.html

Official sticky. God speed, Ascendant.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal