Author Topic: Touch-Based HTML build planner  (Read 5497 times)

AlienOne

• HumanZero
  • Elite Boss
  • Resident Kheldian
Touch-Based HTML build planner
« on: July 08, 2014, 04:31:38 PM »
Hello,

Because of the recent excitement about a possible comeback of City of Heroes, I've been motivated to experiment with more builds on Mid's Hero Designer. However, most of the time I'm on a Mac during the day, and I own Mac products (iPad & iPhone). I also have an older ASUS TF101 tablet with Android on it (really slow!).

I did a search for any topics created for mobile support of this incredibly amazing app, and came across this:

Development on this has actually begun. We're still doing some feasibility checks, but the technologies at our disposal (both HTML and on our side) are performing well above our expectations.

Registering as an Apple iStore developer costs $99.
Registering as a Google Android Market developer costs $25.

Our current plans DO NOT require either of those expenditures.
(Of course, you're still free to donate anyway ;))

My questions are... Did this go any farther? Were there any roadblocks you guys couldn't get past? Any help you needed in certain areas? Would development get picked back up should the game get restarted, or has any idea of this been scrapped for "we can't do this" reasons?
"What COH did was to show [developers of other] MMOs what they could be like if they gave up on controlling everything in the game, and just made it something great to play."  - Johnny Joy Bringer

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
Re: Touch-Based HTML build planner
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 04:41:28 PM »
It fell by the wayside. No one that I know of is actively developing it. Poking at the admin subforums, I don't think it even got very far to begin with. (The actual development board I don't have access to since I am not a coder.)
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

AlienOne

• HumanZero
  • Elite Boss
  • Resident Kheldian
Re: Touch-Based HTML build planner
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2014, 04:43:16 PM »
It fell by the wayside. No one that I know of is actively developing it. Poking at the admin subforums, I don't think it even got very far to begin with. (The actual development board I don't have access to since I am not a coder.)

Thanks for the update... Perhaps it will renew if/when the game returns!
"What COH did was to show [developers of other] MMOs what they could be like if they gave up on controlling everything in the game, and just made it something great to play."  - Johnny Joy Bringer