Community > Roleplaying

We are the noobs

(1/10) > >>

Paragon Avenger:
Yes, finally a topic for the rest of us.
For the purpose of this topic the word noob means a newbee.  It doesn't mean a fool who won't listen and learn.
Maybe it's because I'm using an android phone to post, but I can't seem to change my username.  So my posts are under an email address.  Also, I can't find a place to ask for help.  I'm such a noob. :D

Paragon Avenger:
Woowhoo.
I got 2 bars.
I'm like one of them experts.
Ask me anything about forums.
I know it all

The Fifth Horseman:

--- Quote from: johng736@gmail.com on July 11, 2014, 04:02:14 AM ---For the purpose of this topic the word noob means a newbee.  It doesn't mean a fool who won't listen and learn.
--- End quote ---
The difference between newbie and a noob is like between the sharp and blunt end of a knife. The former deserves being helped. The latter deserves judicious application of  LART.

--- Quote ---Maybe it's because I'm using an android phone to post, but I can't seem to change my username.  So my posts are under an email address.  Also, I can't find a place to ask for help.  I'm such a noob. :D
--- End quote ---
The global can be set in your Titan account settings: http://www.cohtitan.com/manage
You cannot make a post under a different handle than your global.

Relitner:

--- Quote from: johng736@gmail.com on July 21, 2014, 02:42:16 AM ---Woowhoo.
I got 2 bars.
I'm like one of them experts.
Ask me anything about forums.
I know it all

--- End quote ---

...except how to change your display name  :P
... just sayin'

Super Firebug:

--- Quote from: The Fifth Horseman on July 22, 2014, 01:07:06 PM ---The difference between newbie and a noob is like between the sharp and blunt end of a knife. The former deserves being helped. The latter deserves judicious application of  LART.The global can be set in your Titan account settings: http://www.cohtitan.com/manage
You cannot make a post under a different handle than your global.

--- End quote ---

Hmm - weird; maybe my account's broken. I clicked the link and logged in. Neither the "email" nor "global handle" line says "Super Firebug", so I'm posting under a name different from my global. In fact, "Super Firebug" doesn't appear anywhere on the page. :/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version