Author Topic: Favorite Controller combo  (Read 23980 times)

Relitner

• Boss
  • ree-LITE-ner
Re: Favorite Controller combo
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2014, 03:20:14 PM »
Earth/Kin was a beautiful thing  ;D
in nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti amen

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2014, 05:04:59 PM »
I know that this might be a dumb question, but how was ta on a controller? I had a ninja/ta while I loved ninja the ta really didn't mess well.
One day the Phoenix will rise again.

Burnt Toast

• Elite Boss
  • Tastes Good!
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2014, 06:20:59 PM »
I've tried A LOT of controller combos, but I actually never tried anything ***/TA on a troller. I think the reason why though is because one of my main toons was a TA/Archery defender..so I knew what TA did and didn't wanna pair it with anything on a controller.

Some of my favorite combos...aside form earth/kin are:

Illusion/Rad: I originally had this toon way back in Issue 4...and it's primary use was for the Pre Issue 9 Hami raids (Was a devoted member of the drop team). After Hami changes I discovered that this toon was a great TF toon. Me and 2 other Ill/Rads used to trio STF all the time...was a lot of fun.

Fire/Kin: This was my first farmer...like most people before AE :) I still used my fire/kin after AE to farm friends mainly who wanted to actually play their toons as they leveled up instead of sitting inside an AE entrance.

Mind/Emp: This was my support toon. I took the single target hold, aoe hold, levitate, and confuse...as well as the emp powers. I found the Mind powers to be a great addition at assisting teammates.

While I love trollers... my main AT I played was... Defenders and after Going Rogue.. Corruptors. I like Corruptors more, but always hated playing redside.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2014, 04:55:25 AM »
I love the whole controller AT.

The Paragon Avenger is an I'll/kin, the problem with him was sometimes I felt like a Speed-boost vending machine.

The Paragon Comptroller is the earth/rad I spoke of earlier.
Since I built him to solo he was a little disappointing on a team to me at least.

One of my problems, AT envy of the AT that I wasn't playing at the time.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 03:15:05 AM by Paragon Avenger »

HEATSTROKE

• Lovin' bein' an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2014, 04:09:48 AM »
 At the end I had a few controllers.. but the best I would have to say were

Ill/Rad, Grav/Time and Ill/Dark.. in fact Ill/Dark was ridiculous.. I also had an Ice/Storm which I liked and a Ice/Cold which was a great team Controller ( not so hot solo )..

I had an Earth/Thermal which was good.. but I rerolled as a Earth/Fire Dom which I liked much better..

Teikiatsu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2014, 03:36:27 AM »
I had an Ill/Rad first before I knew the power, then I leveled an Ill/Storm, Ill/TA, Ill/Poison and Ill/Therm

At the same time I was also a fan of the controllerish Dark Miasma from Defenders and leveled a Dark/Elec, Dark/Ice, Dark/Sonic, and Dark/Fire.

So when Dark Affinity came along I immediately had an Ill/Dark and loved it, then made an Earth/Dark and Fire/Dark.
Virtue Server - Main: Midnight Lightning Dark/Elec/Psi Defender

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfKUPgy_xH8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EitO6Wq_9A

primeknight

• Boss
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2014, 12:47:34 AM »
My mind/kin was my second 50 and my main.  I tried other combinations briefly, but he was the controller I always went back to and stuck with.  Mind was my all time favorite concept powerset.  And kin just melded so well with mind/ for both solo and team play.  He was created back in I3 so I might recreate him (if we don't characters back) with another secondary with one of the newer secondaries that might mesh better and just to play something a little different. 

I thought about trying the super popular/powerful combinations such as Ill/Rad or Fire/Kin, but I tried to use different powersets every time I made a new character and Rad was a little to slow for my tastes after a kin and an SR (although I never made it to AM)

Teikiatsu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2014, 03:45:22 AM »
I've tried A LOT of controller combos, but I actually never tried anything ***/TA on a troller. I think the reason why though is because one of my main toons was a TA/Archery defender..so I knew what TA did and didn't wanna pair it with anything on a controller.

I had a Plant/TA and Ill/TA that were terrain control beasts.  Not my favorites but they had their moments.
Virtue Server - Main: Midnight Lightning Dark/Elec/Psi Defender

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfKUPgy_xH8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EitO6Wq_9A

Waffles

• Elite Boss
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2015, 12:37:34 AM »
I would say Dark/dark for control.

I really didn't enjoy the lack of damage, though proc IOs mitigated this, but I could literally lock down an entire room with zero retaliation while my dog ripped people apart.

Illusion/rad for damage, it was the most unique, and fun set IMO.  Though, I could see Illusion/dark easily making it as my favorite if I ever get the chance to try it.

Solitaire

• Elite Boss
  • Badge Hunting
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2015, 09:26:38 AM »
Two Fire/Kin & a Granite Tank the three toons were called Larry, Curly & Mo, such a good team combo to watch, myself and two friends did most of the GM badges with just the three of us, the GMs didn't last very long. If I recall Adamastor lasted just over 2 minutes...