Author Topic: Favorite Controller combo  (Read 23981 times)

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
Favorite Controller combo
« on: July 13, 2014, 12:54:53 AM »
My favorite controller combo was/is grav/rad, with grav/storm a close 2nd.
One day the Phoenix will rise again.

Steelhelm

• Lieutenant
Re: Favorite Controller combo
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2014, 01:50:26 AM »
I leveled an Illusion/Time controller to 50, and he was amazing. Nothing ever touched him because it was either held, sleeping, confused, terrorized, or being beaten the crap out of by my pets (Phantom Army is incredible once you get it permanent). Plus, Time Manipulation with all its buffs, heals, debuffs, and crowd control was a great powerset for both soloing and definitely great for teaming.

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2014, 10:16:58 PM »
I leveled an Illusion/Time controller to 50, and he was amazing. Nothing ever touched him because it was either held, sleeping, confused, terrorized, or being beaten the crap out of by my pets (Phantom Army is incredible once you get it permanent). Plus, Time Manipulation with all its buffs, heals, debuffs, and crowd control was a great powerset for both soloing and definitely great for teaming.
I tried time before my account lapsed and only got to level 8, did time get better with leveling?

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2014, 10:23:16 PM »
I loved Illusion/Kin so much that I took three toons to 50 with that combo ... two of which were the same character so I could play him on two different servers. :D

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2014, 10:48:06 PM »
I loved Illusion/Kin so much that I took three toons to 50 with that combo ... two of which were the same character so I could play him on two different servers. :D
Nice :), I had a friend that had ill/rad it was pretty cool to watch.

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2014, 10:54:12 PM »
Nice :), I had a friend that had ill/rad it was pretty cool to watch.

I had a couple of Fire/Kins too, but I never got around to making a Fire/Rad or an IL/Rad.

(I sort of got turned off playing my Fire/Kin on Infinity because after I first made her to 50 it seemed like I got PL requests every time I logged onto her.)

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2014, 11:01:17 PM »
I had an ill/arrow that was kind of sickening. All that debuffing deliciousness plus the "king of unkillable" primary? Yeah, buddy!
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2014, 11:11:02 PM »
I had an ill/arrow that was kind of sickening. All that debuffing deliciousness plus the "king of unkillable" primary? Yeah, buddy!
I had a ice/storm that was slow leveling, while ice did offer better controls :)

houtex

• Elite Boss
  • I was the turkey all along! MEE!
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2014, 11:58:18 PM »
Mind/Emp.

Although I really liked Mind/Kin too.

'Course the two of these were two of the Sisters Dawn. Ruby and Rose, repesectively.

Cerise was a a bad bad girl, and a Mind/Psi dom. 

The Mind powers were fun to lock the bad guys down and then pick them off one by one.

Steelhelm

• Lieutenant
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2014, 12:10:25 AM »
I tried time before my account lapsed and only got to level 8, did time get better with leveling?

IMHO, I think it did. Time's Junction(level 4), which was a -DMG, -Speed, and -ToHit toggle, combined with Disortion Field(level 16), which was a -Speed, -Recharge Placed AoE, worked almost perfectly together, and made my character almost untouchable. These 2 powers practically rendered any mob who used only melee, useless. For the ranged mobs, all you had to do was confuse, hold, and such to stop them. Which is why I think Illusion was a perfect match for Time. Also, Time also got Time Stop at level 20, which helped me even more. By the time I was in my 30's with my Illusion/Time, my character was practically a god. It got even better once you got to even higher levels.

Burnt Toast

• Elite Boss
  • Tastes Good!
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2014, 09:49:11 PM »
My favorite combo is/was Earth/Kin. I could do everything on my earth/kin/earth troller...team..solo...trials.. you name it :)

I have been messing around in mids though and wanted to come up with a combo I never tried on live.... and found one I am excite to try once the game comes back:

Mind/Dark/Mace... now unlike my earth/kin though... this is more of a team build, but I am excited to try it out.

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2014, 10:10:21 PM »
My favorite combo is/was Earth/Kin. I could do everything on my earth/kin/earth troller...team..solo...trials.. you name it :)

I have been messing around in mids though and wanted to come up with a combo I never tried on live.... and found one I am excite to try once the game comes back:

Mind/Dark/Mace... now unlike my earth/kin though... this is more of a team build, but I am excited to try it out.
mind/dark sounds interesting, for me I want to try dark/dark/psi :)

chuckv3

• Elite Boss
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2014, 10:42:30 PM »
The only one I got past 30 was Mind/Kin, so I guess that would be my favorite!

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2014, 12:28:24 AM »
I had an earth/rad that if I could only play one toon, it might be he.
Before they had the 5+2 thing, I soloed him to 50 on the second hardest difficulty setting.
He only needed help with the A/V's.  He didn't have enough dps.
One of the problems though, he could steal agro from the tank.

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2014, 12:40:31 AM »
I had an earth/rad that if I could only play one toon, it might be he.
Before they had the 5+2 thing, I soloed him to 50 on the second hardest difficulty setting.
He only needed help with the A/V's.  He didn't have enough dps.
One of the problems though, he could steal agro from the tank.
nice, was it me or did the earth pet seem to have more resistance than the other controller pets?

blacksly

• Elite Boss
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2014, 12:58:25 AM »
nice, was it me or did the earth pet seem to have more resistance than the other controller pets?

The Earth pet has 40% Smash, 50% Lethal, and 60% everything else. That's way more than other pets, and it has Taunt effect on its attacks, too. It's a true pocket tanker.

A sekrit combo is Earth/Thermal. With two pet Resistance IOs you push Animate Stone's Smash Resist to 60%. Now add in the Thermal shields, and it's just over 80% (everything else is capped at 85%). Now it can tank AVs (and it's helped by Thermal's ranged Heal and its -Damage debuff). Add in -Resist and -Regen, and it's probably the cheapest easy AV-soloer in the game. It's not the fastest, because it can't push to really high damage like some other combos, but there are very few other builds that can solo AVs with 2 IOs and otherwise just SOs.

Solitaire

• Elite Boss
  • Badge Hunting
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2014, 10:50:44 AM »
Personally liked Ice / Storm followed by Fire / Kin

SpectaPhantom

• Minion
  • Ghost of Living Past
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2014, 04:31:29 AM »
I had the most time played on my ill/emp. It wasn't perfect but I enjoyed the support aspect of it. Once I got PA perma it was loads better.

If given the chance I want to reroll time. I like the time set and like what's posted above me, it seems like it completes illusion.

I love dark/ animations. Wish I had more time to play with it before shut down.
Triumph Search and Rescue - TSAR Deputy Chief
"Heroes Helping Heroes"

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2014, 04:51:09 AM »
I had the most time played on my ill/emp. It wasn't perfect but I enjoyed the support aspect of it. Once I got PA perma it was loads better.

If given the chance I want to reroll time. I like the time set and like what's posted above me, it seems like it completes illusion.

I love dark/ animations. Wish I had more time to play with it before shut down.
I can understand rerolling, for me I want to reroll my ice/storm into something else. I like /rad, dark primary might be a good combo with rad.

Richpur

• Underling
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2014, 11:21:26 AM »

I had one of these I loved. Pointed Delusion; she was the daughter of a gadgeteer who found out and took up the mantle after his deathduring an incident with Crey. She absolutely sucked at anything mechanical; but, since there was nobody to tell her she was doing anything wrong and she believed so strongly in following in her father's footsteps, all the mishmashed botch jobs she stuck to her arrows worked.

Except the healing arrows.
Note To Self : Toggles.