Author Topic: Every Hero, Every Villain  (Read 3094 times)

wei yau

• Boss
Every Hero, Every Villain
« on: July 16, 2014, 12:04:10 AM »
I had a lot of alts in this game.  A lot.  I never got around to playing all of them, but I did play each of them at least once.  My home server was Virtue, which held the most of my alts.  But, I had at least 12 alts in each of the other servers.  Each server held a team or two of my alts, typically six heroes and six villains.  Each team was usually themed.  Each character had a back story. 

After the shut down, I started a project of creating a demo for each of my teams.  This was very slow going, as I had created each demo file by hand.  The purpose of the demo file was just to get every one of my characters into a cool screenshot.  I didn't get as much done as I wanted before I lost steam. 

And then came Icon.  It made it so much easier to get my characters into a screenshot.  So, I decided to get Every Hero and Every Villain into a massive screenshot.  I'm so glad I could do this with Icon, as it relieved a lot of self-inflicted pressure to preserve my characters in some way.

I still intend to create demos for each of my teams, as demo editing allows for many more options in posing, powers and the file can be saved for future editing.

But, for now, I wanted to share this with you all...the best gaming community there ever was.

Every Hero

Every Villain

Power Gamer

• Elite Boss
  • Reaching troubled youth...one Hellion at a time!
Re: Every Hero, Every Villain
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2014, 12:33:51 AM »
I had a lot of alts in this game.  A lot.  I never got around to playing all of them, but I did play each of them at least once.  My home server was Virtue, which held the most of my alts.  But, I had at least 12 alts in each of the other servers.  Each server held a team or two of my alts, typically six heroes and six villains.  Each team was usually themed.  Each character had a back story. 

After the shut down, I started a project of creating a demo for each of my teams.  This was very slow going, as I had created each demo file by hand.  The purpose of the demo file was just to get every one of my characters into a cool screenshot.  I didn't get as much done as I wanted before I lost steam. 

And then came Icon.  It made it so much easier to get my characters into a screenshot.  So, I decided to get Every Hero and Every Villain into a massive screenshot.  I'm so glad I could do this with Icon, as it relieved a lot of self-inflicted pressure to preserve my characters in some way.

I still intend to create demos for each of my teams, as demo editing allows for many more options in posing, powers and the file can be saved for future editing.

But, for now, I wanted to share this with you all...the best gaming community there ever was.

You, Sir, are outrageous.  DO IT AGAIN!
It takes a village to raise a child. And it takes a villain to explain the value of lunch money.

-Random CoHer: "Why does the sky turn green during Rikti invasions?"
-Me:"Rikti Monkey farts"
-Random CoHer: "I'm going to you for all my questions from now on!"

Eoraptor

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2014, 02:38:08 AM »
"My name is Eor, and I'm an altoholic"

"Hi Eor"

"But nothing compared to this guy!" *thumbs at Yau*
"Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story, while others can read the back of a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe!"
-Lex Luthor

Power Gamer

• Elite Boss
  • Reaching troubled youth...one Hellion at a time!
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2014, 03:34:14 AM »
The ability to create unique toons is one of the most powerful loyalty tools CoH possessed.
It takes a village to raise a child. And it takes a villain to explain the value of lunch money.

-Random CoHer: "Why does the sky turn green during Rikti invasions?"
-Me:"Rikti Monkey farts"
-Random CoHer: "I'm going to you for all my questions from now on!"