Author Topic: melee numbers vs s/l numbers  (Read 4082 times)

ukaserex

• Elite Boss
melee numbers vs s/l numbers
« on: July 20, 2014, 03:04:50 AM »
Within Mids', as I slot this radiation/dark blaster I'm hoping to be able to create, I realize I have forgotten something. Let us say, that somehow, I remembered to build for some bonus set defense - I've got some Smashing/Lethal defense of, say 30%. But, I have melee defense of 15% and also ranged defense of only 15%.

How will the game handle this? Will I have 15% defense against a freak in melee doing s/l damage? or will I have 30% because of the type of damage the freak is dishing out? (or trying to and missing, hopefully)

I used to know this, but it seems I've forgotten. Getting older, I guess.
Those who have no idea what they are doing genuinely have no idea that they don't know what they're doing. - John Cleese

Thirty-Seven

• Elite Boss
  • Keeper of the Sacred Number
Re: melee numbers vs s/l numbers
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2014, 04:29:32 AM »
The game looks at all of the type of an attack and uses whichever defensive number is highest.

So, if an attack comes in that is Ranged Energy/Smashing, it will take your Smashing defense into account since it is double your Ranged def, and you don't have any for Energy damage.

ukaserex

• Elite Boss
Re: melee numbers vs s/l numbers
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2014, 04:55:59 AM »
Thank you kindly!
Those who have no idea what they are doing genuinely have no idea that they don't know what they're doing. - John Cleese