Author Topic: A Discussion on Force Fields  (Read 6539 times)

Charged Mastermind

• Lieutenant
  • I was 10 when I made this name i know it is dumb
A Discussion on Force Fields
« on: July 21, 2014, 03:56:56 AM »
The idea of Force Fields intrigues me, but the set is all over the place. Should it be revamped like Poison was for MM's, or should they keep it the same?

SpectaPhantom

• Minion
  • Ghost of Living Past
Re: A Discussion on Force Fields
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2014, 04:34:21 AM »
I had a ff/psy defender. I think it barely hit level 30. It was my third oldest charater I had. It was boring as crap. Specially after IOs.

I say a revamp would be cool. Just dunno how.
Triumph Search and Rescue - TSAR Deputy Chief
"Heroes Helping Heroes"

Thirty-Seven

• Elite Boss
  • Keeper of the Sacred Number
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2014, 06:37:01 AM »
I disagree.  I had a Thugs/FF and a Grav/FF both at 50 that were essentially my mains.  I ran them through all the iTrials, and had my Troller as my main badging character with around 1300 badges (I can't recall exactly).  I loved them both.  And especially love FF.

If you took powers like Detention Field, and Force Bubble you really had a lot of tools at your disposal.  Yes, FF is not the most clicky set around, but it was a viable tool to increase survivability.  PFF also could be used almost like Stealth since very little could hit you when it was up.

My only suggestion would be to add a measure of +Absorb to  Dispersion Bubble that refreshes occasionally as well as to both of the ally bubbles to diversify the protection a bit in Incarnate and postIO content since the set really only filled one niche... But man did it fill it well.

Richpur

• Underling
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2014, 11:30:44 PM »
Back when you had to buff every ally individually the set was a little monotonous and you could easily be spending most of your endurance on rebuffing; after they went AoE the only people I heard complaining the set was boring weren't even using half of it. FF has five powers that are active mitigation/damage or positioning/area denial, don't forget them.
Note To Self : Toggles.

Charged Mastermind

• Lieutenant
  • I was 10 when I made this name i know it is dumb
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2014, 06:02:42 PM »
Back when you had to buff every ally individually the set was a little monotonous and you could easily be spending most of your endurance on rebuffing; after they went AoE the only people I heard complaining the set was boring weren't even using half of it. FF has five powers that are active mitigation/damage or positioning/area denial, don't forget them.

Force Bubble didn't seem that good because it seemed to be Anti-Tank because the tank could aggro, make a big ball, and if I pop Force bubble they get blown back

Burnt Toast

• Elite Boss
  • Tastes Good!
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2014, 06:36:55 PM »
I always wanted to see Force Bubble replaced with something that affected foes.. like an AoE Debuff (-regen or - defense even...or both) like Disruption Field in the Sonic set but Targeted AoE Foe.

Thirty-Seven

• Elite Boss
  • Keeper of the Sacred Number
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2014, 08:02:44 AM »
Force Bubble didn't seem that good because it seemed to be Anti-Tank because the tank could aggro, make a big ball, and if I pop Force bubble they get blown back
Admittedly, Force Bubble had limited utility in a lot of situations, and it's gigantic size also posed some problems.  But, there were some instances in which it was useful... namely anytime you have an enemy, like a AV, who would basically ignore it because it resist Repel, but had minions that did not.  It would then insure that you only had to deal with the AV.  Unfortunately, since it was your attack, it would force the minions to all want to maim, kill and destroy the user.

But, even I, a staunch FF lover, thought that power should be re-thought a bit.  At the least, it should have been made a bit smaller so that it could be more easily managed like those in Storm Summoning.