Author Topic: RIP: FirePlug (Chris H.) originator of the "Kill Skuls" meme  (Read 9444 times)

Garble

• Boss
  • Shy Weirdo
My partner's best friend, Chris just passed away about half an hour ago after nearly a year of fighting esophageal cancer. He had been surviving quite well under chemo, until about 3 weeks ago when he found out it had spread to his liver.

I only met Chris twice. Once at his wedding, where my partner was the best man. And once after traveling to visit him during the start of his chemo.

He was a crazy smart guy with a huge heart and took great care to give his wife and stepkids the best life he could muster.

My partner frequently talked about how much Chris and I were alike in our love of nerdom. When I mentioned how much I loved City of Heroes he very casually commented how he had been the one that posted the "Kill Skuls" comment. He had no idea it would become legend: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Kill_Skuls that would become urban slang: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=kill%20skuls and inspire a badge: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Kill_Skuls_Badge

No one lives forever, but sometimes immortality comes in small and strange ways. To those who knew him directly they will remember what a wonderful guy he was. To anyone who loved City of Heroes, they will remember that one time he got invited by an illiterate leech.

[[EDIT: Fixing links to point to ParagonWiki. Wikia is full of ads and malware. ~Agge]]
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 04:12:54 AM by Aggelakis »

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
Re: RIP: FirePlug (Chris H.) originator of the "Kill Skuls" meme
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2014, 02:41:04 AM »
Fare thee well, FirePlug.  You may be gone, but you will never be forgotten.

The post, saved from the purge
One of my secondaries (or tertiaries, or quarternaries, or whatever) reached level 9 yesterday. He's an Illusion controller, and I gave him the AE blind power.

I REALLY wanted to try this in a group, but nobody from my SG was on, so I took the chance of clicking the "seek team" button.

I was invited by someone, and immediately saw the group msg "Kill Skuls". I took off across the zone to find the 5b4 team leader, when I saw someone else enter the team, and the leader again said "Kill Skuls".

He was all the way across the zone, so it took me a minute to get to him. I found him in a secluded lot, pressed up against the wall, just standing there.

I stood behind him for about three minutes. While I waited, I checked the missions, he had two "skul" missions, and seemed to be just standing there watching the numbers drop on them.

When I finally figured out that he had no intention of doing ANYTING himself, I did a "/G I should go kill skulls for YOUR missions while you sit in the middle of a lot with you thumb up your *^&%?", and quit the team

Why would anyone even bother to play this game if this is how they are going to do it?

The con men and the conned. I don't understand either one...

FirePlug

--------------------
Fire-Plug
Level 30 INV/SS Tank
Protector

Kill Skuls!

Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

LadyVamp

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2014, 02:49:43 AM »
Sorry to hear that man.  We'll all team up again someday.
No Surrender!

Phaetan

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2014, 04:37:25 AM »
How sad to hear.  My condolences to his friends and family.

Nyx Nought Nothing

• New Efforts # 11,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • Ha!
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2014, 05:39:32 AM »
My partner's best friend, Chris just passed away about half an hour ago after nearly a year of fighting esophageal cancer. He had been surviving quite well under chemo, until about 3 weeks ago when he found out it had spread to his liver.

I only met Chris twice. Once at his wedding, where my partner was the best man. And once after traveling to visit him during the start of his chemo.

He was a crazy smart guy with a huge heart and took great care to give his wife and stepkids the best life he could muster.

My partner frequently talked about how much Chris and I were alike in our love of nerdom. When I mentioned how much I loved City of Heroes he very casually commented how he had been the one that posted the "Kill Skuls" comment. He had no idea it would become legend: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Kill_Skuls that would become urban slang: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=kill%20skuls and inspire a badge: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Kill_Skuls_Badge

No one lives forever, but sometimes immortality comes in small and strange ways. To those who knew him directly they will remember what a wonderful guy he was. To anyone who loved City of Heroes, they will remember that one time he got invited by an illiterate leech.

[[EDIT: Fixing links to point to ParagonWiki. Wikia is full of ads and malware. ~Agge]]
That sucks. Sorry to hear that. :'( It is an odd sort of immortality to be sure.
So far so good. Onward and upward!

Pheonyx

• Underling
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2014, 06:35:05 PM »
He will be mentioned at the end of my show this Saturday on The Cape Radio in memory of all those we have lost.

/e holdtorch

Ashes to ashes,
Pheonyx

MaidMercury

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2014, 06:40:23 AM »
I feel for your loss. Reading things like this always reminds me we're all human and limited.
I hope your friend is in CoH, perhaps King Row, if I remember correctly. God Bless.  :-*

pogoman

• Vox Populi
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2014, 06:52:29 PM »
I hate hearing about the community losing members.. We will mention this on my show tonight. :(  RIP, good sir.

Graphite

• Lieutenant
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2014, 07:38:40 PM »
Go. Hunt. Kill Skuls.

/em Holdtorch

RIP FirePlug

:'(

hejtmane

• Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2014, 07:39:57 PM »
RIP Fireplug and when the game come back on line I will go Kill Skulls in your honor

Until that time Rest

mrultimate

• Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2014, 08:06:13 PM »
RIP Fireplug.

Blackout

• "That guy"
  • Boss
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2014, 09:23:04 PM »
RIP Fireplug, may the community of city of heroes remember you for as long as it exists  :)

Anhurtorrez

• Underling
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2014, 10:07:01 PM »
I think I recognize that name too, not sure what server it was on because I played on every server, mainly on Justice, Freedom, and Defiant, but even it is still a tragedy happens to one from our community.
I am just a Cuddly Demon

Stormy Weathermaker

• Minion
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2014, 11:39:52 PM »
RIP fellow hero.  My deepest condolences go out to his family and friends.  You're in my thoughts and prayers.

beveri8469

• Boss
  • still inside atlas park hospital waiting to leave
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2014, 03:41:14 AM »
Go. Hunt. Kill Skuls.
next year in paragon.
R.I.P. fellow hero.
@Eternal Twilight
Now in Paragon

Atlantea

• Elite Boss
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2014, 05:46:00 AM »
Aw man...  :'(

We'll all Go Hunt, Kill Skuls in his honor someday.

Hyperstrike

• Elite Boss
  • SaveCoH!
    • So Super It Hurts
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2014, 06:13:10 AM »
Fireplug?

Man!  The next Skull I see...*POW!*  RIGHT IN THE KISSER!

blue storm

• Boss
  • #savecoh
    • Freedom Academy
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2014, 08:37:56 AM »

Another fallen hero. Sad...

--

energizingion

• Minion
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2014, 07:25:17 PM »
Go. Hunt. Kill Skuls.

/em Holdtorch

RIP FirePlug

:'(

This.

My condolences and prayers to him and the family/friends.

MWRuger

• New Efforts # 1,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • The Devil is in the details! Quick! Get him out!
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2014, 08:11:12 PM »
RIP Fireplug and when the game come back on line I will go Kill Skulls in your honor

Until that time Rest

This is a fine idea and well keeping in the tradition of what make CoH the game it was and will be again. I knew him not, but I will gladly "arrest" some for him.
AKA TheDevilYouKnow
Return of CoH - Oh My God! It looks like it can happen!