Author Topic: Age of Wonders 3  (Read 1302 times)

silvers1

• Boss
Age of Wonders 3
« on: July 31, 2014, 11:26:37 AM »
Anyone tried this game out?  I've tried starting out about 8 times, with zero success.
  I'm playing with level 1-2 troops and the enemy rolls in with level 3s and crushes me every time. ( on easy mode )
Is there something I'm missing?   Never had this many problems with a strategy game...

--- Hercules - Freedom Server ---

DBadger

• Lieutenant
Re: Age of Wonders 3
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2014, 11:38:38 AM »
I never found that issue honestly, seemed to be pretty straightforward playing the campaign

Technerdoc

• Lieutenant
Re: Age of Wonders 3
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2014, 09:14:22 PM »
Maybe you really do something wrong, it isn't that hard. I have finnished the elf campain and now I'm playing the other side. The first two maps aren't such a big problem, but later it can be a little bit tricky. I try to give some hints:

- It can be hard at the beginning. Try to get more citys, don't stay at one point and wait for higher units. More citys = more money, or build them with settlers in good places.

- Protect them with a wall and archers. When there is no one in, then they are easy to get for the computer with a single unit. Not good.

- Do the battles on your own. Most times you lose to much units when you hit the auto-battle button and the units are much better when they level up. For example, you can defend a city much better with the manual battle, even when it look like you didn't have a chance.

- Concentrate the spells research on the units and the mana. Most of the spells aren't totally crap, but the computer disband most of the spells anyway in battle. Spells are good when you have a directly effekt, like healing or damage. Any other spells are nice to have, but not important at the beginning.

- When you have the highest unity, only build this one for you main army, but most times you are close to win anyway then.

- And don't play it like Heroes of Might & Magic. You have more heroes and units, so build and use them.