Author Topic: How to Create Custom Maps  (Read 1526 times)

Fescu

• Minion
How to Create Custom Maps
« on: August 05, 2014, 04:25:28 AM »
Hello all. I've been doing some writing, and want to start taking screenshots for some stories which I plan to publish on the forums if I ever get them finished. However, to do so I need to create some custom maps, but I'm not that computer savvy and I have literally no idea what to do. If someone could walk me through the process, I'd be very grateful.

Below are some pictures which are similar to what I want to do, taken from the Big Giant Icon Thread.

As time passes, nature reclaims our abandoned city.

Even the dance clubs are not free from nature.

Or uh, from cars?

Hold on, what's going on here?

Oh.

Ohhhhhhh.

Pocket D's sky sure looks ominous when stuck into a normal city.

And the Rogue Isles are much safer now that they've started erecting warwalls.

But here's something that seems busted in Atlas Park on it's own:

There's these patches of dirt that seem to be alligned to the wrong plane- presumably these are supposed to be on the ground above where I am here, not on the same level as the tunnel.  The parking lot in the area above this is suspiciously clean for the dirtier buildings that are around it, so I think someone made a mistake when putting this section together.

Anyway- this is super cool, so thanks for the update!  Hopefully there'll be more than just an empty city to run around in alone one of these days, though I doubt that sort of thing would be part of an offline mode hack.  ;)

Edit: I found a page that teaches people how to make custom maps.

http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,7551.0.html

Now I just need to interpret the pigg files and run demoedit, and those are two things I still don't know how to do. Any help would be appreciated.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 06:18:37 PM by Fescu »
Speech is given, silence is earned.