Author Topic: Where Should I Put the Client_Demos Folder  (Read 3158 times)

Fescu

• Minion
Where Should I Put the Client_Demos Folder
« on: August 06, 2014, 04:12:23 AM »
Hello everyone. I'm not incredibly knowledgeable with computers or computer games, but I'm trying to learn. Right now I hope to try my hand at making custom zones, but to do so I need a Client_Demos folder. The problem, as the title suggests, is that I have no idea where to put it. I'm using the typical Titan Icon with the i24 update. Thanks everyone!
Speech is given, silence is earned.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
Re: Where Should I Put the Client_Demos Folder
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2014, 04:18:47 AM »
In your main City of Heroes folder. Depending on how you have Icon installed, it would be in the same place as icon.exe is by default. So it would look something like so:

C:\path\to\City of Heroes\client_demos\

(note the lack of capitalization)
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Fescu

• Minion
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2014, 01:38:04 AM »
In your main City of Heroes folder. Depending on how you have Icon installed, it would be in the same place as icon.exe is by default. So it would look something like so:

C:\path\to\City of Heroes\client_demos\

(note the lack of capitalization)

Thanks a lot. I write stories, so with any luck I'll be able to add some pretty interesting screenshots to them.

Fescu

• Minion
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2014, 02:51:46 AM »
Could someone send me a .cohdemo file? I have Windows 8 and can't make .cohdemo files using notepad on my own anymore, as I can't seem to change them from .mnu files to .cohdemos. And how do I run the demo once I've made the map?

Sorry to keep asking all these questions; I haven't had much of an opportunity to learn these types of things.

The Fifth Horseman

• Elite Boss
  • Outside known realities.
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2014, 09:14:30 AM »
.MNU's are popmenus, completely different stuff.

And get Notepad++, it's awesome. :)
We were heroes. We were villains. At the end of the world we all fought as one. It's what we did that defines us.
The end occurred pretty much as we predicted: all servers redlining until midnight... and then no servers to go around.

Somewhere beyond time and space, if you look hard you might find a flash of silver trailing crimson: a lone lost Spartan on his way home.

Fescu

• Minion
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2014, 06:13:20 PM »
.MNU's are popmenus, completely different stuff.

And get Notepad++, it's awesome. :)

I downloaded it and you were right, it is awesome. I think I'll be using it a lot. It took some experimenting, but I managed to save the files as .cohdemos. So how do you play the demo once you have the files made?

This is the page I'm using to learn about the actual map making process. I don't know if that helps at all, but thanks either way.