Author Topic: Champions Online brings the Steel Crusade on September 4th  (Read 17560 times)

Brou

• Elite Boss
  • Inspector of Tasties
    • Blog
Champions Online brings the Steel Crusade on September 4th
« on: August 12, 2014, 06:52:25 PM »
Linked article:  http://massively.joystiq.com/2014/08/12/champions-online-brings-the-steel-crusade-on-september-4th/

Punchy!
If you've been sitting around in Champions Online and cooling your cape for a while, you'll be happy to know that a new update is dropping in September, and it's a big one. Partly because players will be facing off against Mechanon, and he's pretty large to begin with. But it's also an update that introduces several new areas, a new mission arc, and a new experience for players who have hit the level cap and want something new to do.

Steel Crusade is a two-part update that starts with players finding people bursting into flames across Millennium City in an adventure that leads inside the bodies of the victims to identify the source of this affliction. Ultimately, the arc culminates in a direct attack on Mechanon's orbital station... followed by an anniversary event that pits players against Mechanon himself in a world boss encounter. It also introduces something that City of Heroes veterans will find familiar in the form of the Reawakened Automaton: a new archetype available to experienced players with unique perks.

Like the Epic Archetypes of City of Heroes, the Reawakened Automaton is available to players who have already hit the maximum level on a character. Like other archetypes, it trades the increased flexibility of freeform character building for a more focused development path. Unlike other archetypes, it also has powers that you can't use on other freeform characters until you first hit the level cap on your Reawakened Automaton, including the celebrated Rocket Punch. Players who want all their character slots to contain freeform characters can take heart, as the unlocks earned while on the archetype are permanent even if you reach the level cap and then delete or remake the character.

Space, space, want to go to space, etc.
We had a chance to speak briefly with the developers regarding the update, and they revealed that the new story arc should take between 4-5 hours to play through the first time. It also includes daily repeatable content that leads players to unlocking other costume rewards and the like; a single clear of the arc won't reward everything that's available.

Introducing an archetype specifically as a reward for leveling (and an incentive for further leveling) is novel, and the developers would like to do more along these lines if the players respond well. It's largely a matter of whether or not players enjoy the approach and the gameplay that it leads to. There's also a definite desire to revisit Mechanon and other major lore characters in the future, with a push toward creating a more unified overall story for the game and a sense of forward motion.

We also took the opportunity to ask about Foundry integration for Champions Online and were informed that there is no official comment on it at this time. The team is aware of player demand, but it's difficult to integrate into the game's existing code.

Players can start taking part in the update's content on September 4th, barring any unexpected delays. If you've been waiting for a chance to take on a big robot and bring him down to size, you've got about a month left to wait.
Spess

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
Re: Champions Online brings the Steel Crusade on September 4th
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2014, 09:07:06 PM »
Woot!

That's good news for us CO players. :D

Nos482

• Elite Boss
  • We've gone and done the greatest crime...
    • My PSN profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2014, 04:03:01 AM »
There will be a whole lot of Nemesis clones running around ;D

On a semi related note... I'll still switch to CoT 8)
I'm bad and that's good.
I'll never be good and that's not bad.
There's no one I'd rather be than me.

...unless I could be Batman, of course. Everybody wants to be Batman.

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2014, 02:47:16 AM »
Still moving onto VO September 12th and not touching CO anymore.  Just to little to late, I knew that'd be the amount of content they were going to add though, predicted that from what some people told me.  Thats.....about the most they ever did last year and the most the ever did in any update in the earlier years.  I just cannot support em anymore, even less so if their timing is so bad like this, it's like they are doing it more to steal the spotlight from another mmorpg in development(and really suspect they are because VO is entering pre-alpha september 12th and plans to remain open until launch).
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2014, 05:32:53 PM »
Still moving onto VO September 12th and not touching CO anymore.  Just to little to late, I knew that'd be the amount of content they were going to add though, predicted that from what some people told me.  Thats.....about the most they ever did last year and the most the ever did in any update in the earlier years.  I just cannot support em anymore, even less so if their timing is so bad like this, it's like they are doing it more to steal the spotlight from another mmorpg in development(and really suspect they are because VO is entering pre-alpha september 12th and plans to remain open until launch).
I agree with this, it is far to short and it is far too late. I wanted to like this game and at first I loved it I even left cox for it and tried to get my globals to leave cox, in the Atari saw almost all of the deving co was going to get under pwe it was left to rot. I only log on just to spend my 500 c points
One day the Phoenix will rise again.

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2014, 04:52:41 PM »
I only log on just to spend my 500 c points

I'm happy to help anyone out with this.
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2014, 04:59:37 PM »
I'm happy to help anyone out with this.
Thank you, so far I got the archer costume and bow with 2 of the ninja swords and got a new shadow blood sword

Brou

• Elite Boss
  • Inspector of Tasties
    • Blog
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2014, 08:40:32 PM »
A portion of the content is on PTS for testing.

Access character transfer from your account page on arcgames, or http://www.arcgames.com/en/my/character/copy/co

Quote from: trailturtle
Part of our Steel Crusade update is on PTS, heroes. If you've got a subscription, go try it out!

(Note: What's on PTS right now covers the first mission. When Steel Crusade goes live, all of the mission chain will be released at once, we're only cutting it up like this for PTS testing. When it goes live on September 4th, it'll be all of the Steel Crusade mission chain, followed later in the month by the anniversary content with Mechanon villains. )

Quote from: radioscience
This build is scheduled to hit PTS at 11:30am, 8/15/2014

Release Notes for FC.31.20140602.27:

Preview:

We're releasing the Steel Crusade storyline to PTS in three parts. This is part one. We expect to release part two to PTS early next week, with part three to follow soon after.

This content is still in development, while we do some final polish and tuning. In particular, sound and music are missing in many places, a few of the art assets aren't finalized, and there may be bugs. With your help, we can get them stomped!

Note that this PTS update does NOT include:

The Reawakened Automoton Archetype
    Champions 5th Anniversary Update
    Recognition Rewards for the Mechanon Coalition token

These will be added in a later PTS update.

In this update, the daily missions which will normally have 20 hour repeat timers have been set to repeat immediately.

Please format any bugs you find in the following format:
Bug
Where it happens
What happens

Please stay on topic in this PTS thread. We use bug reports from this thread to decide whether a PTS build is ready to go live, and so we need to make sure we're seeing everything in it. Please do discuss the changes, but if you find yourself writing about something that isn't specific to what's on PTS, then that should probably go elsewhere.

In particular, do not report bugs from the live game in this thread, unless they are impacted by changes in the PTS build.
Spess

Relitner

• Boss
  • ree-LITE-ner
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2014, 01:29:36 PM »
four to five hours of new content is not going to lure me back, unfortunately. The're going to have to pry a few more nails out of the coffin...
in nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti amen

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2014, 01:59:12 PM »
I like pie.
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2014, 03:53:16 PM »
four to five hours of new content is not going to lure me back, unfortunately. The're going to have to pry a few more nails out of the coffin...
I know how you feel, this content should have been put in 2 years ago. This seems too little too late, I am truly happy for the Co fans like Brou an xev :). But for me it is not enough I will still login to spend my points

Brou

• Elite Boss
  • Inspector of Tasties
    • Blog
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2014, 05:26:51 PM »
Space station GATEWAY and the cislunar base have appeared on PTS for testing.
Spess

Brou

• Elite Boss
  • Inspector of Tasties
    • Blog
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2014, 05:57:38 AM »
The 9/4 release has been delayed for quality to 9/10.

Another patch today:

Quote from: lordgar
This build is scheduled to hit PTS at 3:40pm Pacific Time, 9/3/2014

You can find release notes for previous unreleased PTS patches by using the link(s) below:

FC.31.20140828.1

Release Notes for FC.31.20140828.5:

Steel Crusade

The ADIS platforms in UNTIL HQ and GATEWAY Station now have more interesting geometry.
    The Cislunar Mechanon mission is now repeatable. The repeat time is 0 for PTS testing.

Release Notes for FC.31.20140828.3:

Steel Crusade

"Project Clockwork" mission: Sgt-Major Naran now has an indicator when you are looking for her.

GATEWAY Station:

The teleporter cutscenes no longer move everyone on the map.
    Removed an annoying sound from the hologram in the Project Clockwork room.

Cislunar Mechanon:

The zero-gravity environment no longer keeps characters stuck in combat.
    Collision has been added in various places to prevent you from getting stuck in geometry.
    During the Mechanon Mk 41 and Radiation stages of the boss fight, inner and outer doors lock players in or out of the fight. Mechanon will not pursue players into the corridor, even if you drag him over before the inner door closes.
    Fixed a problem where players could get stuck in the exploding factory.
    Fixed a problem where players could sometimes get outside the map.
    Added more "grip" areas around pipes and wall features to help you stop your movement.
    Added a "Stabilization Belt" device that has a short self-root. You can use this to more easily use powers that interrupt on movement. Get a belt from the supply crate at the beginning of the mission. (It is not currently available from the locker on GATEWAY.)

Reawakened Automaton:

Binding Shot was not scaling with rank. Fixed!

Bug
Where it happens
What happens

Please stay on topic in this PTS thread. We use bug reports from this thread to decide whether a PTS build is ready to go live, and so we need to make sure we're seeing everything in it. Please do discuss the changes, but if you find yourself writing about something that isn't specific to what's on PTS, then that should probably go elsewhere.

In particular, do not report bugs from the live game in this thread, unless they are impacted by changes in the PTS build.
Spess

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2014, 10:39:54 AM »
I was looking forward to Steel Crusade beginning this weekend, but I'd rather have it right than rushed.

Brou

• Elite Boss
  • Inspector of Tasties
    • Blog
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2014, 10:31:51 PM »
Spess

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2014, 10:46:50 PM »
So...

Free stuff.

Thanks for posting that, Brou.

I'm assuming the vehicle shows up on whatever character you log on with first?

Brou

• Elite Boss
  • Inspector of Tasties
    • Blog
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2014, 11:49:38 PM »
It's expected that the first character you log in on will get it, but the unlock and vehicle will be account wide.
Spess

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2014, 08:46:46 PM »
<sigh> Fine. I'm updating my "ARCLaunch" and client in preparation for this...

:D
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2014, 03:20:35 AM »
I guess it's too late already but jfyi you don't have to use Arc. I use a shortcut to \Cryptic Studios\Champions Online.exe. I never had a positive experience using Arc.
Some Faves:

Brou

• Elite Boss
  • Inspector of Tasties
    • Blog
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2014, 03:00:53 PM »
Spess

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2014, 04:43:54 PM »
1. So, I have to log on with one of my 40s in order to "unlock" the Reawakened Automaton archetype. My impression: I have to prove to the system that I have a 40 by logging one on? Shoddy system.

2. I have to play the archetype and get an Automaton to 40 before I can use any of its individual powers in a freeform toon. My impression: I've been LTS since pre-launch, and I'm required to play an AT and EARN the right to use those powers in freeform?

I want to go home. (checking train and airline schedules to see if anyone has restored service to Paragon City yet)
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2014, 02:10:33 AM »
I've been so preoccupied with other stuff lately that I haven't followed things in-game as closely as I normally would. When I went to log on just now, I realized, hrrrm, I dunno how this new powerset thing is supposed to work. I mean, I had an idea but I didn't know exactly.

Anyway, thanks Firebug. That is exactly the info I just realized I didn't know.

Think I'm gonna delete my Marksman, roll up this new AT, and then see if I can get inspired on my latest and unexpected FF slot. I really like how the my last guy, Deeps, is turning out and I just don't have the concentration time lately to give virtual birth again so soon either. I'm one of those people that make rolling up a new toon kinda like taking a math final.

So far the thing I like best about my newest is his costume which nice surprisingly just kinda made itself but I've been floundering around on everything else.
Some Faves:

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2014, 04:39:17 AM »
I have to agree with not liking to have to level an Automation before gaining access to the powerset btw.

It does seem like pointless leetism and a cheap way to make people farm xp/play and I also think it was a lil lame that they used CoH's name to advertise their AT by saying it was similar to how CoH did things with the Epic Archetypes. That advertising failed doubly to me due to CoH Epic AT's being uninteresting to me.

I don't really mind dumping my Marksman and leveling an Automation, but, for some people they will feel like being forced to do something they really don't want to do. Because they will be. Some people think AT's are completely pointless and/or don't like to play them, for example. I won't be real happy either if the build ends up sucking more than my Marksman who is decent but not overly thrilling but I expect it to be a decent build and I want to steal my Marksman's costume and give it to my Soldier anyway : )
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 04:49:35 AM by Xev »
Some Faves:

Relitner

• Boss
  • ree-LITE-ner
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2014, 01:09:03 PM »
So, I logged in to the level 40 FF I rolled up during Beta (my namesake), and played through a couple missions of the new content. I like the little "hospital" area idea, but the mission to "cool off" a few citizens with a can of aerosol freezy-mist had me rolling my eyes. Fine, I played along and cooled off a few toons. I'll admit that it was kind of disturbing to see NPC's screaming and bursting into flames around me while I saved one lucky pixel person. Still, the mission kind of felt contrived and recycled, like the infected wolves in Canada or the infected rats on Monster Island.
I talked to Dr Silverback, (who, along with Microman, has managed to somehow be in both Reniassance Center and the mobile hospital at the same time) then shrunk down to invade the brains of a couple hapless citizens. The new map is icky fun, but unfortunately, the play is no different than any other instance in CO; kill x bad guys and defeat a stronger enemy at the end (and destroy a few objects). Rinse, repeat ...this time with a stronger villain at the end. That's where I logged off.
I am glad that CO is finally doing something to ease the drought of new content, but I don't see this as a "major release" or an expansion. It's just a couple missions and a new map. Hopefully they'll prove me wrong and I'll end up eating my words.

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2014, 06:29:45 PM »
So, I logged in to the level 40 FF I rolled up during Beta (my namesake), and played through a couple missions of the new content. I like the little "hospital" area idea, but the mission to "cool off" a few citizens with a can of aerosol freezy-mist had me rolling my eyes. Fine, I played along and cooled off a few toons. I'll admit that it was kind of disturbing to see NPC's screaming and bursting into flames around me while I saved one lucky pixel person. Still, the mission kind of felt contrived and recycled, like the infected wolves in Canada or the infected rats on Monster Island.
I talked to Dr Silverback, (who, along with Microman, has managed to somehow be in both Reniassance Center and the mobile hospital at the same time) then shrunk down to invade the brains of a couple hapless citizens. The new map is icky fun, but unfortunately, the play is no different than any other instance in CO; kill x bad guys and defeat a stronger enemy at the end (and destroy a few objects). Rinse, repeat ...this time with a stronger villain at the end. That's where I logged off.
I am glad that CO is finally doing something to ease the drought of new content, but I don't see this as a "major release" or an expansion. It's just a couple missions and a new map. Hopefully they'll prove me wrong and I'll end up eating my words.
I hear you, but I think it will be a long time before Champions sees another update.

Brou

• Elite Boss
  • Inspector of Tasties
    • Blog
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2014, 07:01:16 PM »
The new map is icky fun, but unfortunately, the play is no different than any other instance in CO; kill x bad guys and defeat a stronger enemy at the end (and destroy a few objects). Rinse, repeat ...this time with a stronger villain at the end. That's where I logged off.
Before finishing the arc?

Okay...

I hear you, but I think it will be a long time before Champions sees another update.

Not true at all. Stay tuned.
Spess

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2014, 07:12:46 PM »
So I hit the Reawakened Automaton link I got in e-mail and read this:

The Reawakened Archetypes are a new system designed for players who've already reached Level 40 (edit: and we want to keep them busy so we're throwing this at them) and want more power choices for their freeform characters. If you've already leveled up a character to 40, you'll be able to create a new character in one of the Reawakened archetypes, starting with the Reawakened Automaton.

"Starting with"? Does this mean I have to level more toons I'm uninterested in leveling just so I can unlock more powers I may be interested in?

The phrase 'time sink' keeps echoing louder since this update started..

I'm glad they're doing an update and I'm glad there's new powers to try and I have nothing but best wishes for CO but they can leave out the cheese. It's going to make people unhappy and resentful and for a dubious reward. It's easy to level a toon in CO. It doesn't take much skill. It just takes time (sink sink sink..).

>>

The new mishes so far are ok to me. I'd rate them over Fatal Err0r to this point and FE was ok. I didn't do many FE runs and I don't see doing more than 1 or two of this new arc either. *shrug* Unless I end up having to farm those new Mechanon recs for some reason.

It's not life or game changing stuff but it's entertaining and inventive enough for me to this point that I have only praise. They didn't run me around or rat-in-a-maze me too much which are pluses.

Some memorable moments were.. the first time I jumped into a brainblood stream and saw the red spray. Wasn't expecting that. Veiny brain caves.. The Purple Gang guy kinda whining then bursting into flames made me burst into a laugh for some reason.. I got a lot of presents, too, which was a nice bonus.

Anyway, thankies Cryptic.

Still think the having to level AT(s?) to get access to powers I might not even like is bad mojo.

« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 02:23:12 AM by Xev »
Some Faves:

Relitner

• Boss
  • ree-LITE-ner
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2014, 02:58:50 AM »
"Starting with"? Does this mean I have to level more toons I'm uninterested in leveling just so I can unlock more powers I may be interested in?

Taking a closer look, this new archetype really just has three new powers: Rocket Punch, Binding Shot, and Aspect of the Machine. All other powers in the build are recycled. Meh...

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2014, 04:47:08 AM »
I think I'm actually going to pass. Out of those 3 powers the only interesting looking one is Rocket Punch.

Maybe when I get in Power Armor mode, someday.

The AT build looks decent but why in the world would I want to make an AT when I can make a FF? I had a lot of fun leveling my Soldier recently but it didn't inspire me to start rolling up more AT's.

I've never seen this CO ad: "Subscribe and go AT".

There's no prestige involved either it just shows that you bowed to their timesink to get the powers.

What in the world were they thinking. If they want to claim stealing good ideas from CoH, then steal a GOOD one..  : ) Rather than borrowing a not overly impressive one and making it even less impressive.

If Silvers don't have to buy the new AT then I guess it would make the game more interesting for some newcoming Silvers  *shrug* I'm reaching.
Some Faves:

Relitner

• Boss
  • ree-LITE-ner
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2014, 12:56:14 PM »
I think I'm actually going to pass. Out of those 3 powers the only interesting looking one is Rocket Punch.

Agreed. I'm sure this is rubbing salt in the wound for some, but I'll keep spending time in STO until there is something significant to see in CO. I understand completely that it isn't CO's (and maybe even Cryptic's) fault, but when there is nothing interesting happening, well... I guess I get bored easily.

What would bring me back? For starters, bring back the old crafting. It wasn't fantastic, but it was better than the miserable excuse for crafting we have now.

Depth - Give us a story. Invest us in the outcome. Draw us in.

Compelling gameplay - Give us more options and different ways to meaningfully enhance our abilities, learn new powers, or go on quests to become more powerful. Unlock skill trees for each power. The power replacers were a really good start to that, but they're sadly gone now. So many ideas they could expand upon...

Mini games - I look at the Duty Officer system in STO and I am impressed. The new crafting is deep and compelling. Sure it takes forever, but in my opinion ...I guess it should. The Bridge Officer system is brilliant.

Fix bugs- Demonflame for example. As it stands, the Demon Key gets stuck 9 times out of 10 and the arc cannot be completed.

I want to like CO ...but I just can't.

Brou

• Elite Boss
  • Inspector of Tasties
    • Blog
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2014, 04:31:50 PM »
A Double XP weekend starts today.
http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/champions-online/news/detail/7001663-bonus-xp-weekend!

Part II next week.
http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/champions-online/news/detail/7004463-preview%3A-steel-crusade-part-2

We're also launching the new GATEWAY space station, a brand-new hub area for missions in outer space. Currently this is the only mission based out of GATEWAY, but we've got some future plans that'll require space suits, so keep an eye open for that.
Spess

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2014, 06:44:08 PM »
Brou, is the new AT available to Silvers or do we have to buy it? I'm in no hurry to roll one up but if I know I have to buy it I can stop thinking about it altogether.

Relitner, I have to say I dunno what you expected from this update. It's a fairly significant one that is still ongoing. It's even a little bit game changing with the Space Station thing and even though I think it was a bad bad bad idea the way they introduced 2 new powers (1 of the '3' is just a reskin..), they did introduce 2 new powers and a whole new AT with a better than average looking build.

For me this update is all gravy. I was already having fun playing and then they threw this free stuff at me that I didn't even expect. Yeah the leveling up an AT to get powers for your FF is really dumb ("subscribe and go AT..."  wha..?), but, whatever. Hopefully they learn from the mistake and don't continue/expand on it..

Maybe they played this update up to be a lot bigger than it is and I just missed that. It doesn't appear to be huge, but, it's probly the biggest update since I started playing a couple years ago.

I think they can't do many updates they advertise as being major without addressing the Foundry, finally, either. Every time they say a major update is coming this is the question they get nailed with - "do we finally get the Foundry?".

So I would say hang in there and GL on finding something fun in the meanwhile.. I wanna try APB Reloaded... The write-up I got in e-mail awhile back was really good.
Some Faves:

Brou

• Elite Boss
  • Inspector of Tasties
    • Blog
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2014, 07:35:55 PM »
The AT is free. Simply log in with a level 40 character or turn level 40 on a character.
Spess

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2014, 08:12:53 PM »
Couldn't speak on CO's forums, due to buggy login interfaces, but...

...That free vehicle/costume vender was pulled down right off the bat, due to a rather damaging bug.  :S  I cannot describe the levels of disappointment and anger i'm feeling towards Cryptic North for messing up so royally when I have other things to do that will probably keep me from ever claiming it when they do put it back up.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2014, 11:14:38 PM »
See now that is a good thing that they kept the AT free. New Silvers and completionists are the ones who will get the most out of it. I remember clearly how thrilled I was to play my Unleashed AT when I had no FF's and I think it's great that any Silver starting today can have this added content.

I'm looking forward to the space station thing. I don't have any expectations - just curious how it works out and how it will work out as it gets more attention.

Hey Alex if the Vendor is screwed up I would imagine that they'll extend the offer somehow. Deep breaths partner  : )
Some Faves:

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2014, 12:54:23 AM »
Vendor is working right now.

The vehicle just happens to be a silver version of the only vehicle I have already, the Smilodon. In appearance at least.
Some Faves:

Relitner

• Boss
  • ree-LITE-ner
« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2014, 01:06:10 AM »
Relitner, I have to say I dunno what you expected from this update. It's a fairly significant one that is still ongoing. It's even a little bit game changing with the Space Station thing and even though I think it was a bad bad bad idea the way they introduced 2 new powers (1 of the '3' is just a reskin..), they did introduce 2 new powers and a whole new AT with a better than average looking build.

Admittedly, I did a pretty poor job of managing my own expectations with this update. I was really hoping for more ...meat. Still, it is movement, and better than standing dead still.

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2014, 02:13:39 AM »
Vendor is working right now.

The vehicle just happens to be a silver version of the only vehicle I have already, the Smilodon. In appearance at least.

It seems they didn't change the account bound thing.  Oh well, it'd be a vehicle I use as a travel, at least speed upgraded vehicles are typically faster.  At least, i'd hope so.  I might throw a few cheap lightweight materials and a flight AI on the one I got.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2014, 02:53:38 AM »
There's still more update to go. Could be good stuff. The first part wasn't so bad. I usually just click through dialog boxes and I can even tell you what is going on in the storyline so far.

The game is progressing at some kind of pace.. When I started there was no Forum Malvanum. Then FM became the vehicle envy event. Now they're giving out freebie vehicles at the same time FM comes out.

The update I was disappointed most in was the Rampage Rehash... err Revamp. We got 1 new Rampage and 2 recycled content ones that are so long that people don't even want to run them anymore. Rampages are CO's Incarnate. They have that kind of audience there and they tossed us a bone and moved on. The Rampage system could be so much more. And why do I only get to see 1 team. Why no raid interface still. There are always 2 teams in Rampages why not 1 raid team.

Ah well  : )

I have fun making new builds, leveling, and trying to show off in Alerts or Rampages.. ha. Sometimes I get caught up in the costume thing. There's fun people to play with and CO is always an active game - chat is always active, resource/xp/daily Patil Alerts are always active. There's always a huge new Grond riff right around the corner.. It keeps me coming back  : )

Hey, glad you got your new toy, Alex!  : D
Some Faves:

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2014, 09:39:44 PM »
The vehicles are Bind to Account but all of your toons can get one. Means, you can outfit more than one if that would be handy.

You probly knew that but jic...
Some Faves:

rebel 1812

• Boss
« Reply #40 on: September 15, 2014, 10:43:25 PM »
Yeah I got free vehicles for all my toons.  However, it is only a mark one.  That means they are really trying to sell you a upgrade to mark 2 which will cost you 10 dollars.  Or buying a weapon which will also cost you.

Brou

• Elite Boss
  • Inspector of Tasties
    • Blog
« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2014, 06:37:40 AM »
Another opportunity to collect the vehicle and costume set.

http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=4394761&postcount=1
Spess

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2014, 01:12:48 PM »
I'm still a vehicle newb and have no idea what I'll do with them but I was just thinking how I wished I would have collected a few more of these..

Thx info : )
Some Faves:

Brou

• Elite Boss
  • Inspector of Tasties
    • Blog
« Reply #43 on: September 18, 2014, 03:02:11 AM »
Yes, the free shuttle can be tuned up to mark II, which is account-bound.

Patch tomorrow.

Today's PTS patch:

Quote from: lordgar;4400261
This build is now live on PTS, 9/17/2014

You can find release notes for previous unreleased PTS patches by using the link(s) below:

FC.31.20140828.13

Release Notes for FC.31.20140828.14:

Steel Crusade:

• Cislunar Mechanon mission is now repeatable in a 20 hour cooldown.
  • Cislunar Mechanon mission rewards raised. Now gives 2000 Q and 4 Mechanon Coalition tokens.
  • Mechanon Coalition store now checks to see if you have already unlocked a costume piece before letting you buy it.
  • Added a cartoon kitty to the screen material options on the Junkbot TV heads. Thanks to Kaizerin!
  • All the Steel Crusade costume unlocks are now account-wide.
  • Renamed Mechanon Horn 02 to Mechanon Minion Horn.
  • Mechanon's Bracers, Arms, and Minion Horns were not unlocking correctly. Fixed.
  • Several Mechanon costume pieces were missing material options. Fixed.
  • The Mechanon heads are no longer in the "Heads & Hairs" category.
  • Mechanon Horn and Mechanon Minion Horn are now available both as Side Accessories and Top Accessories.
  • Fixed various mirroring issues.
  • Mechanon's shoulders now scale with the shoulder slider.
  • Added glow to the fourth color channel on Mechanon's hands, feet, legs.
  • The final cutscene on Cislunar Mechanon has been redone.
  • The intro cutscene to Cislunar Mechanon now has subtitles.

Anniversary Event: Machanon:

• Added two more action figures to the Debugger.
  • More fixes and updates to this event will arrive on PTS in the next few days.

Vehicle Weapon Systems

• Plasma Beam: the Plasma Shear debuff no longer reduces the target's resistance to Particle damage. Additionally, the damage Plasma Shear deals has been reduced.

Bug
Where it happens
What happens

Please stay on topic in this PTS thread.  We use bug reports from this thread to decide whether a PTS build is ready to go live, and so we need to make sure we're seeing everything in it.  Please do discuss the changes, but if you find yourself writing about something that isn't specific to what's on PTS, then that should probably go elsewhere.

Spess

Relitner

• Boss
  • ree-LITE-ner
« Reply #44 on: September 18, 2014, 12:29:45 PM »
The update I was disappointed most in was the Rampage Rehash... err Revamp. We got 1 new Rampage and 2 recycled content ones that are so long that people don't even want to run them anymore. Rampages are CO's Incarnate. They have that kind of audience there and they tossed us a bone and moved on. The Rampage system could be so much more. And why do I only get to see 1 team. Why no raid interface still. There are always 2 teams in Rampages why not 1 raid team.

I figured they were a sort of Hami raid, CO style. I'd sure love to see some new powersets, though. A pure healing (Empathy) set, or maybe a radiation set would be fun. I leveled a wind/ice/electric ranged toon over the weekend. Went from 20 to 40 running only XP alerts, had the xp bonus from the alert, the double xp boost, self-only xp boost item, and team xp boost item all going at the same time. It was rather ridiculous, but still the most fun I'd had in CO for a long time.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #45 on: September 18, 2014, 02:06:56 PM »
Alurts are kinda like DFB and DiB to me and the next step up are Rampages/Incarnate.

I joined DfB and DiB for the same reasons I join Alurts. Quick teams, decent challenge and rewards.

I joined Incarnate for the uber rewards and the uber teams. Kinda like I do with Rampages. No, Rampage/Incarnate teams aren't always uber but that is where that player pool is.

CoH was starting to put more and more content in the queue system and it was one of the avalanche of really good ideas that came out before the NCSoft shutdown.

If CO were to steal THIS idea.. Make the queue system increasingly sophisticated by adding more content old and new.. I would be impressed. And toss in a decent raid interface..

People join queues. Me included. I used to do old school putting teams together. Often for hours and hours. And for years. I get what the rewards are from doing this and the queue system doesn't ruin it, it just reduces the pool of bored/frustrated players for team building people to draw from..,

Upset team builders, my advice: be more interesting than the queue system or consider not complaining that you can't gather enough people to play with you..

I'm always up for new powers. That whole Mystic group is kinda a mess besides the Darkness and Supernatural powersets, to me, and could use some love too. Mystic seems like a spackling together of powers in comparison to all the other powersets.

Mega stacking XP boosts ftw! ha : ) Nothing like a lil ridiculous every now and then..

Ready to board Space Station...! *hopes it's not another Lemuria..*
Some Faves:

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #46 on: September 18, 2014, 07:31:05 PM »
Took 3 tries and a partial retcon but..

Cislunar Mechanon has been soloed by yours truly.

*bow*

A Glacier AT, among others, did it before me. Glaciers can be tough.

>>

Mechanon recs trade 1 to 1 for Until rec and 5 to 1 for Silver Champs. Can always use a few more hot bots or a piece of Heroic..

Having to use Flight on this first Space Station bit kinda turned me off at first but I've been looking for an excuse to finally use flight, soo.. can't complain too much at this point.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 09:08:45 PM by Xev »
Some Faves:

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #47 on: September 18, 2014, 09:57:36 PM »
I didn't solo it, but I did do it with a team of three. I don't think Rex would be able to survive it solo with all the aggro on him.

Chaosking

• Underling
  • Empathetic
« Reply #48 on: September 18, 2014, 10:23:34 PM »
:x

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #49 on: September 19, 2014, 03:57:42 AM »
It reminded me of a flying Vikorin fight.

I'm hoping the flying thing is going to work out for me. So far it's all good. Thanks Cryptic for the new stuff.
Some Faves:

General Idiot

• Elite Boss
« Reply #50 on: September 19, 2014, 10:30:44 PM »
I figured they were a sort of Hami raid, CO style. I'd sure love to see some new powersets, though. A pure healing (Empathy) set, or maybe a radiation set would be fun. I leveled a wind/ice/electric ranged toon over the weekend. Went from 20 to 40 running only XP alerts, had the xp bonus from the alert, the double xp boost, self-only xp boost item, and team xp boost item all going at the same time. It was rather ridiculous, but still the most fun I'd had in CO for a long time.

Personally the only powers I really want are plant and sonic sets plus something that works as a basic energy blast. Force kind of does already but Force is terrible, so.

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #51 on: September 19, 2014, 11:44:34 PM »
I'd like a Staff set, and/or the option to have blasts come from a staff ... or a gun for that matter. :D

Oh, and there's more Double XP this weekend. :D

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #52 on: September 20, 2014, 05:40:51 PM »
Something I got out of this was a new build... Finally... A Fire tank. He's more like a Fire Brute +.

He's like the director's cut of Bladerunner. Nearly the exact same build as my fire dps but with just a few tiny changes it's a whole other build. I spent like 600 g's retconning back and forth already between dps (yum!) and tanking (yum!, with more bass) and finally decided to just go with 2 focused toons. Just in time to take advantage of an XP weekend.

Now I have plenty of time to simmer on a Manipulator build..

My CO train was all jammed up but now we're rolling again. Thankies Cryptic.

Some Faves:

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #53 on: September 22, 2014, 10:22:03 PM »
Well I was able to solo Mechanon with Robot Rex the Cowboy. :D I wasn't thinking that Rex wold be able to pull it off, but he surprised me. I just had to be more careful than normal.

And as Rex is a Snake Gulch Robot who blames Mechanon for what happened there it was kinda important he be able to take the Big Bad Bot down solo. :D

Relitner

• Boss
  • ree-LITE-ner
« Reply #54 on: September 23, 2014, 04:05:43 AM »
Well I was able to solo Mechanon with Robot Rex the Cowboy. :D I wasn't thinking that Rex wold be able to pull it off, but he surprised me. I just had to be more careful than normal.

And as Rex is a Snake Gulch Robot who blames Mechanon for what happened there it was kinda important he be able to take the Big Bad Bot down solo. :D

Just solo'd Mechanon on my FF, Mighty Eight (Heavy Weapon/Might + Invulnerability/Unbreakable/Resurgence) in tank mode. It took a while, but I rarely dropped below 75% health

Medispider Reznov

• Minion
« Reply #55 on: September 23, 2014, 03:18:09 PM »
Question... I played CO and now I'm giddy about the possible return of CoH

Is it worth re-subbing? I'm talking Content - some may  have argued that Fire farming etc pretty much ruined CoH progression, but there WERE Task Forces in place - a lot of them in fact, as well as various legitimate uses of the Architect.

What I'd like is something to... DO i guess? Farming Gravitar alongside the same stock one mapped Alerts is not my idea of a fun engame - are there people out there like SGs or just channels of people that are doing some secret Engame content I don't know about, or is it just gravitar farms and AFKing near Defender all day long?

( i'm only playing on a sub basis because I spent too much cash on getting that Western rifle for my Free Form cyberpunk cowboy :P)

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #56 on: September 23, 2014, 05:17:56 PM »
Question... I played CO and now I'm giddy about the possible return of CoH

Is it worth re-subbing? I'm talking Content - some may  have argued that Fire farming etc pretty much ruined CoH progression, but there WERE Task Forces in place - a lot of them in fact, as well as various legitimate uses of the Architect.

What I'd like is something to... DO i guess? Farming Gravitar alongside the same stock one mapped Alerts is not my idea of a fun engame - are there people out there like SGs or just channels of people that are doing some secret Engame content I don't know about, or is it just gravitar farms and AFKing near Defender all day long?

( i'm only playing on a sub basis because I spent too much cash on getting that Western rifle for my Free Form cyberpunk cowboy :P)
you can play for free, the only thing a sub brings is the freeform at and all of the vet rewards, once you get a toon to 40 you get a free character slot also 500 cp points every month. As for your question I do think Co is worth a sub.

Medispider Reznov

• Minion
« Reply #57 on: September 23, 2014, 06:52:37 PM »
Well like I said all my characters are freeform so subbing is the only option.

My question still stands - what is there to do besides Gravitar?

Brou

• Elite Boss
  • Inspector of Tasties
    • Blog
« Reply #58 on: September 24, 2014, 12:54:43 AM »
That's a hard question to answer, because content is coming in, but we don't know if it's for endgame or for the mid to low levels.
Spess

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #59 on: September 24, 2014, 01:40:46 AM »
That's a hard question to answer, because content is coming in, but we don't know if it's for endgame or for the mid to low levels.

I may be alone in this, but I am hoping for new content in mid-low levels. End Content is fine and I know it matters to a lot of people, but as someone who alts a lot I would love to see something other than the old Purple Gang/Westside Culmination Tango ...

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #60 on: September 24, 2014, 01:42:18 AM »
Well like I said all my characters are freeform so subbing is the only option.

My question still stands - what is there to do besides Gravitar?

I gave this some thought and then it popped into my head it's like asking someone what there is to do in Checkers besides get Crowned.

For me, if I was subbed I would probably live on the PTS. The play test server, to me, is one of the best perks of being subbed and they never advertise it.

I usually spend most of my time tinkering with builds and/or gear and then going into the Alert of my preference or whatever else is going on to see how it does. CO has enough things going on, for me, that put people together in teams that I have plenty of chances to be awkwardly social while testing builds.

I like to keep up with different channels at least a little. When something new comes out.. I try to be one of the first to finish and that's where the Rampagers channel comes in handy for me. Zone is Grond and other weirdness and occasional chat about the actual game. Trade is trade. Have to keep up on the price of milk..

I know an original point was about Content and all I can say is I have played a small fraction of the content and have found it to be as entertaining as I expected it to be - sometimes more, sometimes less. It's got a higher than average chance of making me laugh at some point and I like that I don't have to hunt for an Exit.

I've said before that I think a good idea they could swipe from CoH would be to put more content in the queue system. I'd be more likely to play it, then, due to I like the queue system of putting together teams.
Some Faves: