Author Topic: Champions Online brings the Steel Crusade on September 4th  (Read 17476 times)

rebel 1812

• Boss
Re: Champions Online brings the Steel Crusade on September 4th
« Reply #40 on: September 15, 2014, 10:43:25 PM »
Yeah I got free vehicles for all my toons.  However, it is only a mark one.  That means they are really trying to sell you a upgrade to mark 2 which will cost you 10 dollars.  Or buying a weapon which will also cost you.

Brou

• Elite Boss
  • Inspector of Tasties
    • Blog
« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2014, 06:37:40 AM »
Another opportunity to collect the vehicle and costume set.

http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=4394761&postcount=1
Spess

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2014, 01:12:48 PM »
I'm still a vehicle newb and have no idea what I'll do with them but I was just thinking how I wished I would have collected a few more of these..

Thx info : )
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Brou

• Elite Boss
  • Inspector of Tasties
    • Blog
« Reply #43 on: September 18, 2014, 03:02:11 AM »
Yes, the free shuttle can be tuned up to mark II, which is account-bound.

Patch tomorrow.

Today's PTS patch:

Quote from: lordgar;4400261
This build is now live on PTS, 9/17/2014

You can find release notes for previous unreleased PTS patches by using the link(s) below:

FC.31.20140828.13

Release Notes for FC.31.20140828.14:

Steel Crusade:

• Cislunar Mechanon mission is now repeatable in a 20 hour cooldown.
  • Cislunar Mechanon mission rewards raised. Now gives 2000 Q and 4 Mechanon Coalition tokens.
  • Mechanon Coalition store now checks to see if you have already unlocked a costume piece before letting you buy it.
  • Added a cartoon kitty to the screen material options on the Junkbot TV heads. Thanks to Kaizerin!
  • All the Steel Crusade costume unlocks are now account-wide.
  • Renamed Mechanon Horn 02 to Mechanon Minion Horn.
  • Mechanon's Bracers, Arms, and Minion Horns were not unlocking correctly. Fixed.
  • Several Mechanon costume pieces were missing material options. Fixed.
  • The Mechanon heads are no longer in the "Heads & Hairs" category.
  • Mechanon Horn and Mechanon Minion Horn are now available both as Side Accessories and Top Accessories.
  • Fixed various mirroring issues.
  • Mechanon's shoulders now scale with the shoulder slider.
  • Added glow to the fourth color channel on Mechanon's hands, feet, legs.
  • The final cutscene on Cislunar Mechanon has been redone.
  • The intro cutscene to Cislunar Mechanon now has subtitles.

Anniversary Event: Machanon:

• Added two more action figures to the Debugger.
  • More fixes and updates to this event will arrive on PTS in the next few days.

Vehicle Weapon Systems

• Plasma Beam: the Plasma Shear debuff no longer reduces the target's resistance to Particle damage. Additionally, the damage Plasma Shear deals has been reduced.

Please format any bugs you find in the following format:
Bug
Where it happens
What happens

Please stay on topic in this PTS thread.  We use bug reports from this thread to decide whether a PTS build is ready to go live, and so we need to make sure we're seeing everything in it.  Please do discuss the changes, but if you find yourself writing about something that isn't specific to what's on PTS, then that should probably go elsewhere.

In particular, do not report bugs from the live game in this thread, unless they are impacted by changes in the PTS build.
Spess

Relitner

• Boss
  • ree-LITE-ner
« Reply #44 on: September 18, 2014, 12:29:45 PM »
The update I was disappointed most in was the Rampage Rehash... err Revamp. We got 1 new Rampage and 2 recycled content ones that are so long that people don't even want to run them anymore. Rampages are CO's Incarnate. They have that kind of audience there and they tossed us a bone and moved on. The Rampage system could be so much more. And why do I only get to see 1 team. Why no raid interface still. There are always 2 teams in Rampages why not 1 raid team.

I figured they were a sort of Hami raid, CO style. I'd sure love to see some new powersets, though. A pure healing (Empathy) set, or maybe a radiation set would be fun. I leveled a wind/ice/electric ranged toon over the weekend. Went from 20 to 40 running only XP alerts, had the xp bonus from the alert, the double xp boost, self-only xp boost item, and team xp boost item all going at the same time. It was rather ridiculous, but still the most fun I'd had in CO for a long time.
in nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti amen

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #45 on: September 18, 2014, 02:06:56 PM »
Alurts are kinda like DFB and DiB to me and the next step up are Rampages/Incarnate.

I joined DfB and DiB for the same reasons I join Alurts. Quick teams, decent challenge and rewards.

I joined Incarnate for the uber rewards and the uber teams. Kinda like I do with Rampages. No, Rampage/Incarnate teams aren't always uber but that is where that player pool is.

CoH was starting to put more and more content in the queue system and it was one of the avalanche of really good ideas that came out before the NCSoft shutdown.

If CO were to steal THIS idea.. Make the queue system increasingly sophisticated by adding more content old and new.. I would be impressed. And toss in a decent raid interface..

People join queues. Me included. I used to do old school putting teams together. Often for hours and hours. And for years. I get what the rewards are from doing this and the queue system doesn't ruin it, it just reduces the pool of bored/frustrated players for team building people to draw from..,

Upset team builders, my advice: be more interesting than the queue system or consider not complaining that you can't gather enough people to play with you..

I'm always up for new powers. That whole Mystic group is kinda a mess besides the Darkness and Supernatural powersets, to me, and could use some love too. Mystic seems like a spackling together of powers in comparison to all the other powersets.

Mega stacking XP boosts ftw! ha : ) Nothing like a lil ridiculous every now and then..

Ready to board Space Station...! *hopes it's not another Lemuria..*
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #46 on: September 18, 2014, 07:31:05 PM »
Took 3 tries and a partial retcon but..

Cislunar Mechanon has been soloed by yours truly.

*bow*

A Glacier AT, among others, did it before me. Glaciers can be tough.

>>

Mechanon recs trade 1 to 1 for Until rec and 5 to 1 for Silver Champs. Can always use a few more hot bots or a piece of Heroic..

Having to use Flight on this first Space Station bit kinda turned me off at first but I've been looking for an excuse to finally use flight, soo.. can't complain too much at this point.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 09:08:45 PM by Xev »
Some Faves:

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #47 on: September 18, 2014, 09:57:36 PM »
I didn't solo it, but I did do it with a team of three. I don't think Rex would be able to survive it solo with all the aggro on him.

Chaosking

• Underling
  • Empathetic
« Reply #48 on: September 18, 2014, 10:23:34 PM »
:x

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #49 on: September 19, 2014, 03:57:42 AM »
It reminded me of a flying Vikorin fight.

I'm hoping the flying thing is going to work out for me. So far it's all good. Thanks Cryptic for the new stuff.
Some Faves:

General Idiot

• Elite Boss
« Reply #50 on: September 19, 2014, 10:30:44 PM »
I figured they were a sort of Hami raid, CO style. I'd sure love to see some new powersets, though. A pure healing (Empathy) set, or maybe a radiation set would be fun. I leveled a wind/ice/electric ranged toon over the weekend. Went from 20 to 40 running only XP alerts, had the xp bonus from the alert, the double xp boost, self-only xp boost item, and team xp boost item all going at the same time. It was rather ridiculous, but still the most fun I'd had in CO for a long time.

Personally the only powers I really want are plant and sonic sets plus something that works as a basic energy blast. Force kind of does already but Force is terrible, so.

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #51 on: September 19, 2014, 11:44:34 PM »
I'd like a Staff set, and/or the option to have blasts come from a staff ... or a gun for that matter. :D

Oh, and there's more Double XP this weekend. :D

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #52 on: September 20, 2014, 05:40:51 PM »
Something I got out of this was a new build... Finally... A Fire tank. He's more like a Fire Brute +.

He's like the director's cut of Bladerunner. Nearly the exact same build as my fire dps but with just a few tiny changes it's a whole other build. I spent like 600 g's retconning back and forth already between dps (yum!) and tanking (yum!, with more bass) and finally decided to just go with 2 focused toons. Just in time to take advantage of an XP weekend.

Now I have plenty of time to simmer on a Manipulator build..

My CO train was all jammed up but now we're rolling again. Thankies Cryptic.

Some Faves:

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #53 on: September 22, 2014, 10:22:03 PM »
Well I was able to solo Mechanon with Robot Rex the Cowboy. :D I wasn't thinking that Rex wold be able to pull it off, but he surprised me. I just had to be more careful than normal.

And as Rex is a Snake Gulch Robot who blames Mechanon for what happened there it was kinda important he be able to take the Big Bad Bot down solo. :D

Relitner

• Boss
  • ree-LITE-ner
« Reply #54 on: September 23, 2014, 04:05:43 AM »
Well I was able to solo Mechanon with Robot Rex the Cowboy. :D I wasn't thinking that Rex wold be able to pull it off, but he surprised me. I just had to be more careful than normal.

And as Rex is a Snake Gulch Robot who blames Mechanon for what happened there it was kinda important he be able to take the Big Bad Bot down solo. :D

Just solo'd Mechanon on my FF, Mighty Eight (Heavy Weapon/Might + Invulnerability/Unbreakable/Resurgence) in tank mode. It took a while, but I rarely dropped below 75% health
in nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti amen

Medispider Reznov

• Minion
« Reply #55 on: September 23, 2014, 03:18:09 PM »
Question... I played CO and now I'm giddy about the possible return of CoH

Is it worth re-subbing? I'm talking Content - some may  have argued that Fire farming etc pretty much ruined CoH progression, but there WERE Task Forces in place - a lot of them in fact, as well as various legitimate uses of the Architect.

What I'd like is something to... DO i guess? Farming Gravitar alongside the same stock one mapped Alerts is not my idea of a fun engame - are there people out there like SGs or just channels of people that are doing some secret Engame content I don't know about, or is it just gravitar farms and AFKing near Defender all day long?

( i'm only playing on a sub basis because I spent too much cash on getting that Western rifle for my Free Form cyberpunk cowboy :P)

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #56 on: September 23, 2014, 05:17:56 PM »
Question... I played CO and now I'm giddy about the possible return of CoH

Is it worth re-subbing? I'm talking Content - some may  have argued that Fire farming etc pretty much ruined CoH progression, but there WERE Task Forces in place - a lot of them in fact, as well as various legitimate uses of the Architect.

What I'd like is something to... DO i guess? Farming Gravitar alongside the same stock one mapped Alerts is not my idea of a fun engame - are there people out there like SGs or just channels of people that are doing some secret Engame content I don't know about, or is it just gravitar farms and AFKing near Defender all day long?

( i'm only playing on a sub basis because I spent too much cash on getting that Western rifle for my Free Form cyberpunk cowboy :P)
you can play for free, the only thing a sub brings is the freeform at and all of the vet rewards, once you get a toon to 40 you get a free character slot also 500 cp points every month. As for your question I do think Co is worth a sub.
One day the Phoenix will rise again.

Medispider Reznov

• Minion
« Reply #57 on: September 23, 2014, 06:52:37 PM »
Well like I said all my characters are freeform so subbing is the only option.

My question still stands - what is there to do besides Gravitar?

Brou

• Elite Boss
  • Inspector of Tasties
    • Blog
« Reply #58 on: September 24, 2014, 12:54:43 AM »
That's a hard question to answer, because content is coming in, but we don't know if it's for endgame or for the mid to low levels.
Spess

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #59 on: September 24, 2014, 01:40:46 AM »
That's a hard question to answer, because content is coming in, but we don't know if it's for endgame or for the mid to low levels.

I may be alone in this, but I am hoping for new content in mid-low levels. End Content is fine and I know it matters to a lot of people, but as someone who alts a lot I would love to see something other than the old Purple Gang/Westside Culmination Tango ...