Author Topic: REMEMBER WE MUST HELP THE NEWBIES OUT  (Read 30176 times)

Plinkyplonk

• Minion
Re: REMEMBER WE MUST HELP THE NEWBIES OUT
« Reply #60 on: November 17, 2014, 08:40:56 AM »
My "staring" was at your over the top assumptions:

1. PL indicates you are not interested in the game? Some of us played the content for years... all of it. My interest was in end game and pvp... so yeah I PLd to get to the things I really wanted. My interest in the game is quite high and always has been. I was subbed from beginning to end.. multiple accounts. CoH is the only MMO I have ever played more than a week or two (And I tried a bunch). Just because my interest didn't involve always running the content over and over... bears no reflection on my interest in the game as a whole.

2. You do not have to be a certain level to complete certain missions for their rewards... May i introduce you to Ouroboros. Every toon I had... had Atlas Medallion regardless of being power leveled or not... as well as the Wedding Band :)

My point was at the perpetual PL'rs in the MA really - they got to lvl 50 and proceeded to ask the whereabouts of The Hollows etc - With you playing for so many years (as was I) you will appreciate the joke.

As for out levelling content - such is the bain of the bank missions. Also I am pretty sure Karsis for example was not achievable via Ouroboros. But to get certain missions you had to rely on a player within the correct level range. That was cool of course if you could find one. Then quite a lot of players did PL after issue 14 and zones were like ghost towns.

« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 10:59:33 AM by Plinkyplonk »

HeatSpike1

• Boss
  • CoH Global: @HeatSpike1
« Reply #61 on: April 12, 2015, 07:27:24 PM »
Well, early on more experienced peeps would help out in the following ways:
-Provide Teleport Taxi service across zones
-Buff the lowbies
-Answer broadcast questions
-Hand out influence/Infamy/or any other rewards
-Run TFs/Trials/Raids or even lead a team for regular mishes  :roll:

Just a few suggestions that worked while the game was rolling.

Nothing beats Speed Boost and Fortitude while you're a lowbie running around AP! Of course you always get so excited that you can run fast again.. you just zip around town until the speed wears off.  *insert face palm* I'm slow again lol

Abraxus

• Elite Boss
  • Brax on Discord. Play on Homecoming/Torchbearer
« Reply #62 on: April 12, 2015, 07:42:53 PM »
Hopefully, at least for a time, everyone will want to relish every aspect possible when the game returns.  PL'ing will return after a time, but the difference between this iteration, and when it first came out is that there are so many different paths you can take for at least the first 20 levels, that you won't HAVE to do the same content over and over to get there.  I for one am looking forward to exploring each one again.
What was no more, is now reborn!

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #63 on: April 12, 2015, 08:57:13 PM »
I like playing the same content over and over for the low levels.  It makes me feel like an expert.

Oh, to be afraid of Frostfire again.

Mouse-Man

• Minion
« Reply #64 on: April 12, 2015, 09:40:56 PM »
For years I'd swing by Atlas after running level 5o missions and randomly drop enhances I'd picked up on lowbies. Pocket change for me, seed money for a level 2.

Rejolt

• Elite Boss
  • Infinity Server 2005-2012
« Reply #65 on: April 13, 2015, 05:10:17 AM »
For years I'd swing by Atlas after running level 5o missions and randomly drop enhances I'd picked up on lowbies. Pocket change for me, seed money for a level 2.

I remember bidding 1 to 11 influence on IOs and SOs (level 33 Range SOs, Level 30 taunt IOs, etc.) and dumping them at a vendor on a new toon (depends on how fast the Sewer trial would pop). If you gave me a 15 minutes of scouring I could earn a few 100k without flipping. The hard part was running back and forth from the market to the vendor. It was best to wait a few levels/sewer runs before I did it.
Rejolt Industries LLC is now a thing. Woo!

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
  • CoH global: @Kristoff von Gelmini
« Reply #66 on: September 27, 2015, 06:02:48 AM »
I like playing the same content over and over for the low levels.  It makes me feel like an expert.

Oh, to be afraid of Frostfire again.

Loved the Hollows and Frostfire and somewhere between 99-100% of the content.  The original post reminds me of why I am a fan of the CoH/V community as well as the MMORPG itself.  Pretty much all of the content was appealing and fun, but it was the community that really brought it to life and made it a world worth visiting and more than "just a game."   em/ holdtorch
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

FeliciaDivine

• Lieutenant
    • IMVU Fashion Elite
« Reply #67 on: November 28, 2015, 04:56:46 PM »
 I saw Plinky's point...lots of players were bored of running the missions after years for doing it and wanted to concentrate on the end games...nothing wrong with that. The game needed new content at all levels to make it interesting.
 I have stated numerous times in the CoH Forums before shutdown and here in Titans...the game needs to be balanced, challenging and entertaining at ALL levels to keep people coming to the game.
 PL'ing and Farming does not in any way help noobs learn and enjoy the game.
 This thread is about helping new players...

I was on everyday for 4 years...I was the only hero constantly helping noobs learn the game content and get their badges and help them enjoy all aspects of the game...others say they did...but actions speak louder than words...I never met a hero who would help you start to finish...so I became that hero!!!

My sg ALL-OUT-WAR was based on this concept, it is the ONLY sg that allowed players to invite others, use all inspiration bins (which were filled daily), use all enhancement tables (which were refilled daily). Members helped each other with character builds, mission play, pvp play, badge hunting and more. We had so many players and interests we ended up with 11 specialized divisions.

While everyone pats themselves on the back and say they will help...I will do what I have always done...

(when the game comes back in whatever form):

I CHALLENGE EVERYONE to spend at least a day a week with a noob group and teach them how to enjoy the game content.

Sewer Runs, PL'ing and AE does not help...and I know people don't remember this...during AE Beta...I was the one who coined the phrase "AE Baby"...I was also the first to post it in the CoH Forums...from day one I predicted the AE Phenomenon and the problems of noobs never knowing there was anything outside Atlas Park.

Also giving noobs influence and enhancements and inspirations is not helping them learn the game.

What Time Is It? It's Time For ALL-OUT-WAR! RAWR!
« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 05:02:39 PM by FeliciaDivine »