Author Topic: Soldiers  (Read 1073 times)

Joshex

• [citation needed]
  • Elite Boss
    • my talk page
Soldiers
« on: August 18, 2014, 05:45:04 AM »
I have alot of internet friends in the military, there are alot of deaths in the military. this is something I often worry about, and usually my worries are unwarranted, but some of those friends have gone missing from the net, having no contact with them outside of the net I can only assume the worst.

well, you know me I'm an activist with wacky never thought of ideas, well this time I have a humanitarian demand that really should be met, and any government that wont respect it is too evil to have soldiers and obviously has no respect for them.

yeah, we've all heard what the government wants soldiers to be "order following offense/defense units, with no mind or personal representation or individuality"

Thats inhumane! and it causes deaths.

no matter how much you train someone to do thier duties regardless of personal discomforts even an upset stomach or toothache or poor nutrition or heck even being sleepy can drop someone's efficiency from 90% to alot less I'd say 50% or less. it can be the difference between life and death.

I constantly hear my US military friends complain how they don't get enough sleep and the military food leaves them tired and all pumped full of starch, protien and oil. they also complain about thier bad days and how regardless thier personal pains they are still required to perform duties. some have even expressed an unwillingness to fight for certain battles because it's aggainst thier morals or ethics to fight for those reasons. these soldiers are forced to fight and they are blackmailed with pay and benefits and prison, these are soldiers who are not fighting at 100%!

and it's time that stopped. this is not ancient rome! this is a generation that is supposed to care about the individual, look at gay rights! no one is even dieing because of that and the government still pays extra personal attention to thier personal concerns, soldiers however are dieing, and it's my hypothesis that alot of those deaths wouldn't have happened under different circumstances if everyone was at 100%. it's like rushing in against an AV in CoH before the team is buffed or recovered some will stand but many die or get serious injuries or lost limbs (real life).

any country that says it cares about humanitarian concerns should take the following precautions for thier soldiers(or we will assume they really don't care and all of us are just pawns in thier eyes):

1: Soldiers are to be considered as always available to fight so they should be paid regardless of other instances.

2; Soldiers with any sort of physical ailment no matter how small are to be excused from training and combat and/or duties with pay.

3: Soldiers with some moral or ethical conviction against performing duties should be respected and allowed to be excused from participation with pay.

I call it "the soldiers civil rights" and I feel these are not optional, but mandatory for any government that wants to call itself a peaceful democracy ETC.
There is always another way. But it might not work exactly like you may desire.

A wise old rabbit once told me "Never give-up!, Trust your instincts!" granted the advice at the time led me on a tripped-out voyage out of an asteroid belt, but hey it was more impressive than a bunch of rocks and space monkies.

Burnt Toast

• Elite Boss
  • Tastes Good!
Re: Soldiers
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2014, 06:20:01 AM »
Just stares....

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
Re: Soldiers
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2014, 06:29:46 AM »
If you want to argue politics and war and military and weird ideas related to them, please go to a relevant forum.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal