Author Topic: Windows8  (Read 1098 times)

Joshex

• [citation needed]
  • Elite Boss
    • my talk page
Windows8
« on: August 20, 2014, 08:05:21 AM »
I have some legal beef with microsoft, Vipre rescue scanner caught a backdoor client on windows 8, the machine has barely been online at all since it was bought new and installed with genuine windows 8 professional/ultimate (will double check version).

Further more, the operating system came with the display language in mandarin chinese, it has english US and english UK languages already loaded HOWEVER, they only influence the keyboard typing layout...

Windows.com says to use windows update to get a language pack (MUI) it says to check for updates and look under "optional updates" for the language desired. - english language is not present.

it says to use the "add a language" link under Clock language and region then click the options and select "download" English is not listed under add a language, english is already supposedly installed, there is no download link under it's options as shown in official microsoft.com examples.

Microsoft's website claims to have downloads for the language packs, but the link for English is not a download at all just a redirect for how to do it through windows update(which as noted doesn't work)

I tried posting about this on the microsoft website help forum but it wouldn't allow it to be posted, probably triggered by some of the phrases triggering an "uh-oh" response because deep down microsoft knows they don't currently supply the english language pack for download, you either have english to start with or [explitive deleted] you.

the outcome? fraud on the grounds of bait and switch "they said I can install an english display language, and it's not available"

further more now onto: windows trash it 8 times,

the UI flash screen keeps popping up after I use the track pad mouse , stop using it and try to use it again, or any time the cursor goes near the corners or the right side of the screen. I'm sorry but as a developer I need my screen fully functional thank you.

next, yesterday while I was almost ready to pass-out from computer fatigue I began singing.. windows 8 had the decency to turn on a webcamera to try and record me but not to my hard drive, rather to some other online source not specified.

outcome? violation of privacy, and over all broken system for development purposes "professional" ? "ultimate" ? I'm sorry those names would both infer I should be able to easily use it for development without UI flash screen interruptions or auto-recording to the web when it thinks my noises are interesting.

I'm sure there must be a way to turn off these features but the fact that they come standard as default and WERE NOT EXPRESSLY STATED AS SUCH is the legal complaint I have.

whats worse is, I can't read chinese and having a chinese national try to translate control panel to chinese doesn't match up with the names used in chinese for the various aspects of the OS, furthermore, all the help articles have no multi-language support. how am I supposed to know which option is what if the support topic is in english and the selections on the computer are in another language?

Especially on a page about changing the display language or such it should be mandatory to allow a "reading language" that is different from the "selections language" where the selection language can be set to what ever language people are trying to switch from.

Seriously, if I can't sue Microsoft over this for the price of my headache (4 million would do nicely) then I'm tempted to just trash it and load Linux with good copy of wine.

I hate slacker developers who make claims to have some sort of operation that they haven't yet included and may not in the near future (by the end of the next business' financial report (1 month)). that's just a lie and fraud and it's high time they paid for it.

it's ok to talk about things that way that you haven't released yet, but once you release it for resale, We are not paying to be your lab rats and we Are paying for functional software compliant with your claims and descriptions, I don't care how far you are behind on the development schedule, you don't make claims that you can't support!
There is always another way. But it might not work exactly like you may desire.

A wise old rabbit once told me "Never give-up!, Trust your instincts!" granted the advice at the time led me on a tripped-out voyage out of an asteroid belt, but hey it was more impressive than a bunch of rocks and space monkies.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
Re: Windows8
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2014, 12:28:33 PM »
Sigh. Seriously. Joshex, post this stuff on a relevant forum, please. Titan is not your diarrhea of the mouth (fingers) depository.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal