Author Topic: Yikes! Cat's out of the bag now!  (Read 7728 times)

Nealix

• Lieutenant
Yikes! Cat's out of the bag now!
« on: August 20, 2014, 04:46:56 PM »
Massively has reported on the buy CoH deal.  Hope this doesn't hurt negotiations!

http://massively.joystiq.com/2014/08/18/players-allegedly-negotiating-with-ncsoft-to-buy-city-of-heroes/

mrultimate

• Elite Boss
Re: Yikes! Cat's out of the bag now!
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2014, 04:53:12 PM »
Old news. This rug has already been beaten in the New Efforts thread.

Shifter

• Boss
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2014, 05:17:57 PM »

About the only news on this is that it is coming up on other sites as well now, spurred by the original article. I saw two more articles on separate sites within 24 hours of this.
Stone Tank
Freedom Server

energizingion

• Minion
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2014, 06:17:15 PM »

It's news to me since I don't keep track of the hundreds of posts in the original thread. :p

Shifter

• Boss
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2014, 06:39:11 PM »
It's news to me since I don't keep track of the hundreds of posts in the original thread. :p

Better if you don't, that thread is bad for your health. I've feel like I've put on 5 pounds since I started reading it with all the food pics they posted. ;)
Stone Tank
Freedom Server

Illusionss

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2014, 06:45:44 PM »
Well, its a valid point that things get buried in that thread, and they get buried quick-like.

Other sites noticing these efforts makes it all feel more real, somehow. And then I start thinking crazy what-if thoughts... if this does not happen I am going to be so crushed, and I cannot lie.

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2014, 06:53:00 PM »
Yeah i'm still more than frustrated about it.  I feel now NCSoft will get trolled, or rather I seriously worry they will, since thats what happened last time from what I heard.  What other sites are reporting on it?
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Illusionss

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2014, 06:54:31 PM »
But reading the comments, I get so annoyed by stuff like "I agree. City of Heroes is well loved in memory, but before the closure announcement very few people were still playing it. The vast majority of the player base had moved on. The long term prognosis for a reopened CoH isn't good, but the game can survive in maintenance mode if they can keep costs low enough. So at the very least, the game will be be running, even if new development is too costly."

1. Balderdash. Complete and utter balderdash and

2. If you don't want to, feel free not to play. Its as if these people think they will somehow be forced to play a game they're not interested in. As if! Look, if you don't want to join us, if you don't want to share our joy then don't! Go back over to EVE Online or SWtOR or wherever.

3. I guess their crystal ball is in good working order, if they can sniff out the "long term prognosis" on a game that is not officially a done deal yet. Please share your wisdom about the stock market, crystal ball holders! Why waste time on a gaming site when you could be making millions!!

*sigh* People.

Illusionss

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2014, 06:56:50 PM »
Yeah i'm still more than frustrated about it.  I feel now NCSoft will get trolled, or rather I seriously worry they will, since thats what happened last time from what I heard.  What other sites are reporting on it?

If people don't start sending them actual snail-mail about this, I wonder if they will even actually notice. Do you get the impression that they really have their fingers on the pulse of the MMO world?

Nealix

• Lieutenant
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2014, 06:57:28 PM »

Yes its old news, for us, that there is a deal in the works, however, it is not old news that Massively reported on it 2 days ago.  The point being we were told that putting public pressure on NCSoft could hurt negotiations.  Hopefully this article will not be noticed by those at NCSoft involved in the deal or that they don't care about the general information being known to a wider audience.

Illusionss

• Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2014, 07:00:33 PM »
"CoH was great in its time, but know there are several superhero games, 2 of them of strong IPs."

SEVERAL??? THERE ARE ONLY TWO AND THEY BOTH SUCK. In different ways, true but compared to CoX they suck!

What planet do these people beam in from?!!

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2014, 07:01:42 PM »
But reading the comments, I get so annoyed by stuff like "I agree. City of Heroes is well loved in memory, but before the closure announcement very few people were still playing it. The vast majority of the player base had moved on. The long term prognosis for a reopened CoH isn't good, but the game can survive in maintenance mode if they can keep costs low enough. So at the very least, the game will be be running, even if new development is too costly."

1. Balderdash. Complete and utter balderdash and

2. If you don't want to, feel free not to play. Its as if these people think they will somehow be forced to play a game they're not interested in. As if! Look, if you don't want to join us, if you don't want to share our joy then don't! Go back over to EVE Online or SWtOR or wherever.

3. I guess their crystal ball is in good working order, if they can sniff out the "long term prognosis" on a game that is not officially a done deal yet. Please share your wisdom about the stock market, crystal ball holders! Why waste time on a gaming site when you could be making millions!!

*sigh* People.

Don't get me started on the troll that gave me a bite in the ass.  At least the idiot hasn't decided to break her word and start replying again, but still, hate the kind of troll who pretends it's a big debate.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2014, 07:05:12 PM »
Yes its old news, for us, that there is a deal in the works, however, it is not old news that Massively reported on it 2 days ago.  The point being we were told that putting public pressure on NCSoft could hurt negotiations.  Hopefully this article will not be noticed by those at NCSoft involved in the deal or that they don't care about the general information being known to a wider audience.

The real fear is that people will start spamming them with mail.  I tried to warn them on the website, if your wondering that was me saying not to spam them, but massively decided to say "oh, it's ok we are just doing our job".  I was agitated.  I know some morons will ignore the warning and spam them anyways, I just worry to many people will and ruin the whole thing.  It'll be Massively s fault for not doing their job, researching the topic and then posting the facts better, which would have included the warning about public pressure.

It'll be their fault if the deal fails, I feel, as they mishandled the whole thing entirely.

Edit: Just don't go spamming them with mail of any form and we'll make it, lets hope people understand why I said what I said and NOT listen to the stupid trolls who disrupted that, I'll also be blaming those idiots to if it fails.

Illusionss

• Elite Boss
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2014, 07:09:01 PM »
You know, I heard somewhere recently that WoW is down to about six million subscribers, from a high of about 20 million. I wonder what would happen if WoW ever goes dark.

Perhaps that might be the time when people develop a little more empathy, because you don't really, really get the flavor of what all this is like until you are the victim of such a decision.

How does it hurt ME if people get to continue playing a game they love? I truly don't get why non-fans care what we do. Its as if, if CoX resurrects then that will take something away FROM THEM. What, I truly do not understand.

Illusionss

• Elite Boss
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2014, 07:14:13 PM »
The real fear is that people will start spamming them with mail.

I don't think that will happen, or not on a large scale. You got a few malcontents who do that kind of stuff, but a massive, angry and highly motivated playerbase is not on board with any such campaign nowadays, at least that I know of.

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2014, 07:15:23 PM »
Well, I checked NcSofts facebook page, and don't see any CoH posts on it, so thats a good thing(and I was looking at the one where such posts were to my knowledge allowed).  So at least people stopped talking there.

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2014, 07:20:21 PM »
I don't think that will happen, or not on a large scale. You got a few malcontents who do that kind of stuff, but a massive, angry and highly motivated playerbase is not on board with any such campaign nowadays, at least that I know of.

Yeah, at least the message got out among most of the CoX players i'm still hanging out with, here and on facebook.  It was made pretty clear with the new efforts thread way back.  Go figure though, i'm not going to bother with news from massively anymore, i may read something from positron once in a while but they just kind of half-ass their articles :).  Hopefully most people will read through this thread rather than listen to a few trolls in the massively discussion.  Probably will to.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2014, 11:41:07 PM »
Old news. Already one locked thread on it. New Efforts thread has hashed it out. Cat's not out of the bag, the article didn't have hardly anything in it because the author seemingly did no research whatsoever.

Keep Calm and Dream On.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal