Author Topic: From Valiance Online Art Department (updated 8/25/14)  (Read 13110 times)

Benjonesart

• Underling
From Valiance Online Art Department (updated 8/25/14)
« on: August 21, 2014, 09:49:07 AM »
Hey guys I wanted to apologize for us not beating your heads in with new Info on the development of Valiance Online as of late. But if your keeping up with our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ValianceOnline (forgive the shameless plug) you will know we are still working hard to not only make this a spiritual successor but a game that stands on its own.

We have some huge news of a limited ground level Alpha release by direct request, simply because our current tech wont hold the massive amount of people we had surge in during the prealpha phase. We have to limit it down but we will attempt to get many in to take a look at what we have coming.

Please keep us in mind when your reminiscing about those days in COX.

One of the major complaints in the pre alpha has been destroyed, reworked and completely overhauled. And as the art director its going to be fun to see what you guys think.

September 12 the game begins for us and some of you get to see the system go up in place as we put more and more into the game.

Later
Valiance Online
Ben Jones
Art Director

PS: ill attempt to make more post here to keep you guys updated since I know some people hate facebook and everything about it.

« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 01:04:26 PM by Benjonesart »
Valiance Online
Art Direction
Ben Jones

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
Re: From Valiance Online
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2014, 11:58:22 AM »
Sounds like pretty good news.

Thanks for the update!
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Shifter

• Boss
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2014, 01:13:57 PM »
simply because our current tech wont hold the massive amount of people we had surge in during the prealpha phase.

What game engine are you using? Looks a lot like the Realmcrafter. I recall that engine getting a lot of bad press because it would only hold like a dozen connections before it became unusable.

Stone Tank
Freedom Server

Benjonesart

• Underling
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2014, 08:54:54 PM »
We are using the Unity Engine, and the tech side is based on our "server Hardware"

Valiance Online
Art Director
Ben Jones
Valiance Online
Art Direction
Ben Jones

bugskull

• Underling
    • Valiane Online (Facebook)
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2014, 03:36:05 PM »
Greetings all,

I am the Community Liaison, and sometimes concept artist and designer for Valiance Online. (Yes, we all operate as proverbial "Swiss Army knives" for VO!)  I simply wanted to piggyback on what Ben has mentioned above and to inform folks that we will be placing our updated FB posts here for your edification.

Moreover, we are excited about connecting with people here on the Titan Network in regards to that "long lost feeling," that we (at VO) are aiming to give back to the community. 

Likewise, feel free to visit our FB and website at will:

VO FB:
https://www.facebook.com/ValianceOnline

VO website:
http://valiance.shogn.net/

Good Passages,

~3ug
Valiance Online
Community Liaison/Design

houtex

• Elite Boss
  • I was the turkey all along! MEE!
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2014, 11:34:59 PM »
I would implore with y'all to post up here when ya can as often as ya can.  I am one of the heathens who do not believe in Facebook, so much obliged your updating here when ya can get to it.

*em thumbsup*

Benjonesart

• Underling
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2014, 01:03:54 PM »
I would implore with y'all to post up here when ya can as often as ya can.  I am one of the heathens who do not believe in Facebook, so much obliged your updating here when ya can get to it.

*em thumbsup*

Ill try to keep you guys up to date as often as I can. While I handle mostly the art direction and overall look of the game, we all have our hands in just about everything since we are such a small group of developers.
Valiance Online
Art Direction
Ben Jones

Benjonesart

• Underling
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2014, 01:19:25 PM »
Valiance Online
Art Direction
Ben Jones

bugskull

• Underling
Re: From Valiance Online Art Department (updated 8/24/14)
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2014, 06:18:10 PM »
(Valiance Online FaceBook Update):

Here's a look at the new, more stylized character models. The community wanted something more true-to-comics in design, so here is our offering. Look forward to seeing these models in the upcoming video walk-through of Central, coming soon!

Valiance Online
Community Liaison/Design

Noyjitat

• Elite Boss
  • Guess who cares?
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2014, 12:54:11 AM »
Hey this looks really great! Glad to see this coming along nicely.

Benjonesart

• Underling
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2014, 01:04:05 PM »
for anyone that wanted to see what the older models looked like before I took over as art director here they are

The same modeler did these and the new models and I think he did an amazing job bringing my scribbles to life in 3d

Valiance Online
Art Direction
Ben Jones

Nealix

• Lieutenant
Re: From Valiance Online Art Department (updated 8/25/14)
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2014, 11:08:22 PM »
the newer models do look a lot better in terms of a super hero game.  The originals, while very nice, made me think it was more of a sci-fi themed game.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2014, 11:15:21 PM »
Why does the (new) dude have an eight-pack? ;-;
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Captain Electric

• Elite Boss
  • Crime doesn't pay, evildoers!
    • CoH Faces Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2014, 12:26:36 AM »
Actually, if it's anything like City of Heroes, then my feeling is that we should be able to run with something physically like the older models, or the newer models, or anything in between. The newer models look more super, the older models look more natural. Plenty of my characters were not inherently "super", they instead got by on all the amazing gadgets and training they used.

Benjonesart

• Underling
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2014, 03:31:10 AM »
Why does the (new) dude have an eight-pack? ;-;

haha no your seeing a portion of the rib cage. Its stylized more like comic characters
Valiance Online
Art Direction
Ben Jones

Benjonesart

• Underling
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2014, 03:32:44 AM »
haha no your seeing a portion of the rib cage. Its stylized more like comic characters

In Theory you are correct. But we changed proportions not just muscle mass to fit superhero styled characters. The end goal would be to be able to get a thinner character like the older models but still retain the superhero proportions of the newer ones.
Valiance Online
Art Direction
Ben Jones

Blackstar5

• Lieutenant
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2014, 10:49:29 AM »

Oh look this is from the current build of the game, one of the main buildings all players will be visiting

I think I know where the CCs will be

Thunder Glove

• Elite Boss
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2014, 03:08:32 PM »
By "controller", do you mean Mastermind?  Controllers couldn't summon an army of soldiers to fight for them, they were based around crowd control (holds, stuns, immobs, etc), with (usually) a single uncontrollable pet summon power at high levels.

This is looking good, though.

bugskull

• Underling
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2014, 10:36:39 PM »
(Valiance Online): A new look at our base characters' transitions. (Note: the older models are included too.) Please keep in mind that this is the base character styling. You'll have access to a full array of sliders which will allow for region-based body scaling of your characters. Likewise, you'll be able to transition up or down from the current state, in addition to having the ability to utilize a "physique" slider; this allows you to adjust your characters muscular definition.

https://www.facebook.com/ValianceOnline

Valiance Online
Community Liaison/Design

mrultimate

• Elite Boss
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2014, 04:17:42 PM »
Are y'all (yes I'm from TEXAS) still taking donations and if so how would go about sending one?