Author Topic: New efforts! -- metadiscussion  (Read 82540 times)

Relitner

• Boss
  • ree-LITE-ner
Re: New efforts! -- metadiscussion
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2014, 01:10:49 AM »
Thanks Tony. As walls of text go, yours is by far the most carefully considered and thoughtfully stated I've had the pleasure of reading. We appreciate your candidness.
in nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti amen

impiousimp

• Lieutenant
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2014, 01:20:42 AM »
Is there a thread on this whole Mids importing into game business?  Because that would be potentially useful if fortune favors us in the near future.

blacksly

• Elite Boss
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2014, 01:48:55 AM »
You're not alone, Robert kinda pissed me off too.

"Like, dude. Shut the hell up until things are finalized. You can only do harm."

I agree. Probably Robert's posts can do no harm. But on the other hand, what good could they possibly do? Either they're false, in which case they're not doing any good, or they're accurate, in which case we'd get an actually official notice on Monday.

And as was mentioned, I assume that Studio Ouroborous would have permission from NCSoft before releasing information. I really doubt that Robert does. So... again... what can his posts do but either nothing, or harm?

Surelle

« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2014, 01:51:06 AM »
Thanks a bunch, Tony!

I hope Team Hail Mary holds off on any announcements until they have inked contract in hand, even if that's still months away if ever, and I hope the team doesn't feel pressured or cornered no matter what fool spouts off on Facebook or wherever.   (Although I also hope it's a lesson learned for Ironwolf and Team Hail Mary about leaking information to outsiders; that Robert guy wouldn't be stirrin' the pot o' trouble if no one had given him the spoon, haha.)  And I hope like heck this Robert guy keeps his mouth shut from now on, regarding his lovely threat to announce everything Monday August 1st if the team doesn't do it!  Yeesh, stow the threats and pressure, dude!

Nobody owes us anything, be that explanations of where they're at in negotiations, or failure notices or whatever.  We really didn't previously and shouldn't now know anything.  It just impedes the deal and could well tick off NCSoft.  And it's not like NCSoft is actively going out there and trying to sell CoH, so they have the right to ask for quiet when someone approaches them.

Oh, and....what the heck do people mean by Mids?   :P

HEATSTROKE

• Lovin' bein' an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2014, 01:55:27 AM »

Oh, and....what the heck do people mean by Mids?   :P

that must be a joke..

HEATSTROKE

• Lovin' bein' an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2014, 02:00:10 AM »
 Its just makes zero sense to me for the team to announce anything until they have a final position of yes we have a deal or no we dont.. what is the purpose for the revelation prior to a conclusion..

No offense to anyone on the team who might be reading.. I just dont see the point..

Surelle

« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2014, 02:03:27 AM »
that must be a joke..

People can't possibly be talking about character building and enhancement planning when the game isn't even bought or reverse engineered..... It could easily be a year if ever....  ?

Surelle

« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2014, 02:06:28 AM »
Its just makes zero sense to me for the team to announce anything until they have a final position of yes we have a deal or no we dont.. what is the purpose for the revelation prior to a conclusion..

No offense to anyone on the team who might be reading.. I just dont see the point..

I totally agree.  It's just the outside pressure of blabbing mouths that should be silent seeming to force their hand.  They should ignore the blabbing mouths, not feed them any further, and do  what they're doing behind closed doors for as long as it takes.  And if the whole thing fizzles, we're no worse off, and we do appreciate the incredible amount of time and effort they've already put in (even Rae, who is now in what, her second team and set of proposals at least, besides doing P.R. for CoT?).

So either way, whatever the outcome and however long it takes, don't let yourselves be pushed around, Hail Mary Team!  And we love you and appreciate you no matter what.

Winter Fable

• Lieutenant
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2014, 02:09:33 AM »
Tony you said: "I've also told some of the admins here on the Titan Network because some of them are in a unique position to be able to help out".Does this mean they will be beta testers?:)

Surelle

« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2014, 02:11:13 AM »
Tony you said: "I've also told some of the admins here on the Titan Network because some of them are in a unique position to be able to help out".Does this mean they will be beta testers?:)

Maybe it's their server hardware knowledge that can help. 

HEATSTROKE

• Lovin' bein' an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2014, 02:13:10 AM »
People can't possibly be talking about character building and enhancement planning when the game isn't even bought or reverse engineered..... It could easily be a year if ever....  ?

why not.. Ive been doing it since the game shut down..

Nyx Nought Nothing

• New Efforts # 11,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • Ha!
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2014, 02:19:10 AM »
I have a friend who was devastated by the shutdown, and I'm not saying one word about these efforts-- or any efforts-- until we get a positive answer, so I well understand Tony's caution.

I don't quite know why, but I feel a bit less hopeful now than I have in the past. Maybe it's because there have been so many leaks recently.

Still, even if this one doesn't work, at least we know NcSoft is willing to sell the game and we have a better idea of what the buyers might wind up with.
Agreed. To the extent that i've been posting in any other media for the last couple of months it's been to urge caution and emphasize that while a deal is being worked on it's not finalized and there is no set date for when it will succeed or fail; the deal will conclude one way or the other whenever the negotiations are done no matter how long that takes and only those actually involved in the negotiations know exactly how it's going.

And when the game does (eventually) get purchased and ported to a new engine i want a grappling hook/lasso/tractor beam power.  :P
So far so good. Onward and upward!

Golden Girl

• One Liners and Winky Faces
  • Elite Boss
    • Heroes and Villains
« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2014, 02:24:26 AM »
People can't possibly be talking about character building and enhancement planning

You're assuming that the CoH community ever stopped? :P
"Heroes and Villains" website - http://www.heroes-and-villains.com
"Heroes and Villains" on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/HeroesAndVillainsMMORPG
"Heroes and Villains" on Twitter - https://twitter.com/Plan_Z_Studios
"Heroes and Villains" teaser trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnjKqNPfFv8
Artwork - http://goldengirlcoh.deviantart.com

TinFoil

• Minion
« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2014, 02:53:56 AM »
TonyV, you are the voice of reason... which kinda sucks. It's fun to be excited and dance around with a towel around you like a cape. It's exhilarating to post on smaller forums about how "something" is coming. It's invigorating to call your friends with "news about possible news". It's also really irresponsible to raise the hopes of others when I don't really know what is happening. And it's reckless to spread rumors when doing so just lessens any real positive information that surfaces. Lastly, it's... well, it's ok to run around with a towel cape.

Stupid adult conversation making sense and bringing us all back down to earth. Earth sucks you know! It sucks!!!

Risha

• Boss
  • Dancing at the end of the World
« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2014, 03:22:29 AM »
Earth sucks you know! It sucks!!!

That's gravity...
Writer of Fantasy and Fantasy Romance

Kistulot

• Elite Boss
  • Argentum Weritas Est!
« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2014, 03:24:53 AM »
TonyV, you are the voice of reason... which kinda sucks.

He's only calling for us to behave rationally, put on that cape and run around with your hands in the air ala Freakazoid! :D
Woo! - Argent Girl

Blackshear

• Lieutenant
« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2014, 03:35:40 AM »
I'm going to keep doing what I've been doing:  hoping for the best, preparing for the worst, and mollifying myself with other games.

Number9

• Minion
« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2014, 04:04:04 AM »
They should ignore the blabbing mouths, not feed them any further, and do  what they're doing behind closed doors for as long as it takes.

Yup.  Should have been this way from the get go.
Formerly of Virtue server: Number 9, StormBird, Magic8Ball, Fyv, and many others I care not to mention in the desperate hopes I get to recreate them and use their names once again.

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2014, 04:10:36 AM »
Yup.  Should have been this way from the get go.
exactly, let the team or NcSoft announce it, that is why I am not hurt if Wolf does not share any info now. I would rather let the team do what they need to. To get our home back :)
One day the Phoenix will rise again.

Des_Tructive

• Lieutenant
  • SLAP!
    • Meta - Superhuman Covert Ops (german)
« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2014, 04:32:20 AM »
Personally, the most important message I've taken from all of this is that NCSoft is willing to sell, and the conditions seem "doable".
So now I can rest easy knowing I'll be able to fly again, sooner or later.
Although I'd prefer sooner, I'd just as well sit down at the age of sixty to show my grandchildren how real gaming was...
back when I was their age...
and we had to imput stuff manually...
with a mouse and a keyboard...
in the snow...
uphill...
both ways...
CoX: @DeS Tructive
TSW: BloodyCarrie; HrFaust; TheContact